2016 JGP Czech Skate Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Pairs FS

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what the heck, I'm sorry, I feel like Liu/johnson have been very overscored at this event. :/ They were far messier than the chinese in the fs.

Maybe the lifts helped out? Their lifts and twist lift lift looked pretty clean to me......

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh...that twist looked awkward and then they both fell at the same time. And my sound is behind :curse:

oleada

Record Breaker
Liu/Johnson's scores were way too generous. That should not have been first at all.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, Chelsea and Brian win the bronze. Happy for them, but... not quite convinced it was the right outcome.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I feel like the chinese should have gotten the bronze, but I know she UR'ed the salchow, and maybe lost a level on the lift?(even though it was the most effortless looking one, kudos on that, i guess lol)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I love Singing in the rain and I really like the pair. To bad there were some mistakes....

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked that program. It ain't raining where I'm at but I feel like singing :dance2:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh Anna... That was not perfect, but very enjoyable to watch!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I couldn't take my eyes off of Anna which was unfortunate during the SBS combination jumps :slink:

Good program with a couple awkward fails. Whatev's.....#StayGold

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
-2? Well, they deservedly lost to A/S in Free. But I still love them :luv17:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What was the illegal movement? Same as Americans yesterday?

oleada

Record Breaker
Amina and ilia will really regret that SP lift!

I love the Czechs though! They skate so confidently.

I felt the scoring was really odd. Liu and Johnson and Poluianova and Selkin were scored way too high. I thought Beasseur and Ostiguy and Akhanteva/Kolesov were scored too low, especially in PCS.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
umm what happened to their last lift....

It looked like he just wasn't feeling it and decided to abort or something. Maybe he was keeping score in his head and decided not to waste effort on that nonsense ;)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought so too! She just didn't look...comfortable?

Yeah, exactly. Now that I've seen the whole program it doesn't seem injury-related, I didn't see her favoring anything, but she did seem very uncomfortable, and her coach's reaction when she got off the ice seems to match that. It read to me like, "Hey, you did the best you could under the circumstances."

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpcze2016/jgpcze2016_JuniorPairs_FS_Scores.pdf

FWIW, Cheslea and Brian had the highest scoring twist (7.10), death spiral (4.70) and lift (8.80) in the whole competition, which is likely why they got the score they got in spite of the the jump errors. It's really the tale of U.S. pairs playing out. I hope they get those jump issues settled.

While Yumeng and Zhong had a cleaner program, they lost a LOT of levels...Chelsea and Brian had a 6 point BV buffer on them because of it.

Last edited: