2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies FS

Lipea

Final Flight
Does Gubanova like So Youn or something? Exactly same music cuts. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Despite the serious/classical music in Russia is on the level at least as strong as Figure skating, most of Russian coaches, for some reason, don't seem to use that advantage. Their music choices/cuts are always somewhat questionable/limited/or low quality. It could be easily solvable: approach someone knowledgeble from conservatory, tell them generally what kind of music you would like, and they could find plenty of high-quality music pieces to choose from. Most of good college-level music students could also make professional cuts, which would make musical sense. It is reasonable that athletes don't have anything to do with music, and they should not, - there are professionals that could do it way better.

Most of Japanese and Korean girls seem to be much better about it.

So I would not be surprised if Gubanova actually did take all musical cuts from So Youn :slink:

Lipea

Final Flight
Mee thinking exactly the same... Seen the margin after the SP: without that stepout she would have won.
Rika's jumping tecnique is simply gorgeous:)
much better than Gubanova-> sadly, so like Lip, she'll lose all her jumps

If she continues working hard she won't. Lip didn't really lose any jump, she even improved her lutz. Instead, she lacks stamina: she fails her LP two seasons in the row, which means that probably she simply lacks a discipline of hard-work, which could be caused by the lack of strong motivation, just like it is with Adelina.
And Gubanova's jumps look better anyway. Plus I don't remember Lipnitskaia even doing 3-3-2 in the second half, or most of jumping elements in the second half.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Well I got really close to a perfect score for my predictions :bang: if I had just put Yuna Aoki in 4th...anyways overall I say this was a pretty exciting event.

1. Anastasiia Gubanova: Both her SP and FS are not only music that So Youn Park used, but also nearly the exact same music cuts (for The Swan it's easy to understand though because the piece isn't too long anyway). Gave me so many So Youn memories :cry:. Anyways, she needs to work on the quality of her jumps, but I love how expressive she is with her arms. Maybe she was rushing a tiny bit too much in this program but overall she is a very nice skater that I should keep my eye out for.
2. Rika Kihira: That fall looked absolutely painful...I have to give her a round of applause for going for the 3A though. It was very unsuccessful, but hopefully it becomes more consistent over time. I like her dress (especially the ombre!) and the program is fun too. Hope she gets a better outing at her next competition.
3. Alisa Lozko: More of the same from the SP. Again she was very rushed. I feel really bad for her that she got hammered with URs though. With even the Russian junior field being deep this year, I'm not so sure as to how she'll be able to keep up with them (her spins are the best out of them though :)).
4. Yuna Aoki: Messy skate with deductions. I really like her soft style and I see potential for her to rise up in the standings. She'll just have to have more stable jumps and improve a bit on her presentation. But regardless I enjoyed watching her here!
5. Hanul Kim: Some of her GOEs could've been higher...anyways this performance wasn't as good as her SP because of a couple of mistakes, but I say this was a pretty solid event for Hanul. I hope her next competition is strong.
6. Megan Wessenberg: I like that she has good height on her jumps, but if they are more stable they will be even better. I found the program to be very random and the voiceovers were a bit awkward.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Well I got really close to a perfect score for my predictions :bang: if I had just put Yuna Aoki in 4th...anyways overall I say this was a pretty exciting event.

1. Anastasiia Gubanova: Both her SP and FS are not only music that So Youn Park used, but also nearly the exact same music cuts (for The Swan it's easy to understand though because the piece isn't too long anyway). Gave me so many So Youn memories :cry:. Anyways, she needs to work on the quality of her jumps, but I love how expressive she is with her arms. Maybe she was rushing a tiny bit too much in this program but overall she is a very nice skater that I should keep my eye out for.

That just makes me think that her coaching team lacks resources or is just lazy. Her LP cuts portion of the second section of So Youn's program, to fit the length of a junior program, but that section should be used for steps like So Youn's did, not for spins that completely mis-matched the music. Most Russian junior ladies explored those less used music, which I like. Anastasiia seems to be the opposite. :( Can she switch to a different coach? I am just afraid her current coach is not a match for her talent.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
I think yes. Doubt Mishin has time for everyone.

Tatiana Mishina is Mishin's wife.

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY I see a figure skating fan in Hong Kong!!!(I am local HongKonger) We should make a FS fan base together!

I am also from Hong Kong :) I remember there was someone else who was quite active on the Yuzuru Hanyu thread as well. Yay! :)

bosskil

Match Penalty
I cannot say I liked Rika's skating today. After the terrible fall she was too tense and focused on elements at the expense of projecting. Gubanova was much more fluid. I would give her even bigger margin in pcs than she received. Then their difference in TES is somewhat perplexing. I expected Rika to win anyway because of her SP lead. But I am fine with the result as Nastya is too gorgeous a skater. But we will surely see Rika next time. If she nails 3A she will be more relaxed and I keep thinking that then she will be unbeatable.
You still put her above Marin? Come on... :cool:
Looks like she is hit or miss - her performance after failed 3A was very underwhelming in comparison with SP. (not to mention I still believe Marin can beat her clean anyway)

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Looks like she is hit or miss - her performance after failed 3A was very underwhelming in comparison with SP. (not to mention I still believe Marin can beat her clean anyway)

And Marin isn't hit or miss?

JuliaHols

On the Ice

I should think it matters very much in Nationals, or she might not be chosen for international comp.
That said can't wait to see how she does at jgp Yokohama. It'll be interesting to see how she skates in her country, tho it's an international competition.
Bcuz both are inconsistent, as u put it, hit or miss, there's always the possibility of either beating the other at Slovenia where they will go head to head in an extremely deep field. If both skate perfect I'd put Rika above Marin not just for her Tech but cause she's fast and "expressive" too, but Marin is by no means slow or inexpressive so we shall see ;)

helene1967

Rinkside
Marin deserves higher PCS than Rika, yes.
But Marin is unstable, her only clean SP+FS were at JrWorlds. All previous times - mistakes, AsianOpen after JrWorlds - mistakes too.

Rika Kihira after her horrible fall at 3A<< skated clean all the rest. It means that she is very stable, most probably.
If she will stop to try 3A (too difficult for Ladies) she may have very high results.