2016 JGP Yokohama Ice Dance SD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ice Dance SD

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The ending of Matilda and William was a bit awkward, but the overall choreography to the music with nuanced tones was enjoyable.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, at least Matilda isn't waltzing this season.

You know, I am a bit disappointed with their score. The position is about right. But I thought they would have been closer to Han / Lochhead's score. To me, the Aussies were much better than the Belorussians.

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The height difference between the second Russian team is huge, which distracted me a lot, but she will grow more for sure. I think the first set of music was meh..too overpowerring them but the second and cheerful music fits well for their character.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Shpilevaya body shape just WOW !!

I know! She is seriously hot! :love:

I found it very hard not to refer to it when writing my comment about them! ;)

Anyway, onto their team-mates.

Talk about an up-tempo, full of energy routine!

If there was more space between SHPILEVAYA / SMIRNOV and ABACHKINA / THAURON, I would slot them in there. But, since there isn't, I would put them behind the French.

After the Parsons, the battle for the remaining Top 5 positions is really close!

EDIT: They scored lower than I would have given them. 5th with 51.12

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
These kids are super sweet! There's something about Caleb especially that just makes me smile :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Emma and Caleb or Madonna and Michael Jackson from the 1980s. :laugh:

Their choice of music, costume, and choreography are brilliant and wisely woven to hinder their yet obvious weaknesses.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gunter / Wein. That was...different.

Not really my cup of tea. But, they really got into it, and put on a good performance.

And, in a weird way, I kinda liked the costumes.

I'm getting worried about myself! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
During the ice surfacing, I watched the missed teams. Angelique and Louis did good, but not as sharp as their previous showing at home ice. I start liking the Parsons' program. I did not fond of the program at a domestic competition some weeks ago, and the costumes still look waitress and waiter outfits. However, the overall quality is surely above the other teams. Their lift was also very sharp. As for Anastasia and Grigory, I had to tune down the volume when they skated to the first set of music because the music annoyed me a lot, but their lines and presentation were beautiful and clean. Anastasia's appearance a bit resembles Elena I. They are a strong team anyway. I was not much into the two Canadian teams..The gap between Marjorie and Zachary's score and the French should be bigger in my opinion.

humbaba

Final Flight
Schpilevaya and Smirnov took a hit on the blues pattern. They missed four out of six keypoints.

coucou84

On the Ice
How did the judges all of the sudden have music/choreography violations left and right? 8/11 teams had at least 1 judge saying that there was a violation of some kind.....

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you as always Mao!

Some general remarks:

The blues set pattern is full of these longgggggggggggggg sweeping glides and stretchy leg lifts -- and not one team is taking advantage of that. Instead, they all seem to have gone for syncopation over the "feel" of the blues. Rather disappointing, because it's a set pattern I really love. What's wrong with some down and dirty traditional blues? Everything seemed like Bluesmania! Not the Real Blues but An Incredible Simulation!

Lots of sloppiness out there, but it's early days. I did like S/S's twizzles--quite musical and interesting shapes. The Parsons were the class of the field, but not by much.

lksunga

Rinkside
Didn't really get into Han / Grayson. I was thinking too much about the Russian team not scoring as highly as I expected.

Seungyun's not happy with the score.

By the way, can I just say that I like the way she is using her real name on her ISU Bio rather than the Anglicised name ("Olivia") we are used to seeing.

CaroLiza_fan

Seungyun was wondering about the deduction. You can hear her talking to her coach at kiss and cry from the youtube video.