2016 JGP Yokohama Mens SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Mens SP

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The level of this competition is so much higher than previous Men JGP this season..

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The fall at the end almost looked choreographed :laugh:

Isn't he Zhenya's boyfriend? Alexei ?

No, I think she was rumored to be dating Vladimir Samoilov.

ok, I've seen some low scores on the JGP, but that might be a record!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
He's definitely young (first eligible season) but ouch that poor Indian skater. I don't think I've ever seen a TES under 1. I know it's about the experience, but that's just rough. No where to go but up?

I'm impressed with Donovan Carillo and the improvement from previous scores. Nice to see Mexican skaters making an impression - the ladies' competitor also did pretty well.

Mark Gorodnitsky, Yuto Kishina, Kazuki Tomono all with significant PB SP improvement.

Nice to see Emmanuel Savary back out again. Nearly 20 points better than his last JGP...FIVE YEARS AGO wow.

Artem Kovalev just barely made the cutoff for this season, wow. Definitely making an impression with high scores at a young age.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I would like to know how you get a TES of 0.75 :slink:

Also, I think I read an article about Savary... when I was in elementary school.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I would like to know how you get a TES of 0.75 :slink:

Also, I think I read an article about Savary... when I was in elementary school.

Protocols show a 1A and 1T that were invalidated, same with an FCoSP and two? SSp. Managed to get credited with a StSqB for 1.50 points, with -0.73 GOE for a total of 0.77 points of TES. Two falls may have contributed to some of the elements not counting.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Gosh, if I were a judge I don't think I could have the heart to give someone a 0.25 for any PCS mark, no matter how bad. Like they couldn't at least round up to a point? He's going to be last no matter what, but let the poor guy have some dignity.