2016 JGP Czech Skate Mens FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Mens FS

Rissa

Record Breaker
Great soundtrack, some really great moves from Ivan, shame about the jumps.

Yuzuru was always more expressive than Mitsuki...I think his PCS were a bit high

Ivan wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed that!

I think it's the cosumology coupled with the music choice that made me see the connection... :laugh:

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
That looked rotated :jaw:

Sadly I have to disagree

http://i.imgur.com/XKjPCvb.png

I enjoy Larry, but on freeze frame, it is at least UR, and objectively probably downgraded. Still it was a good attempt that at least looked good. Good for him.

It also looks like he got the minimum TES for euros for both programs. His FS TES here was about 8 points higher than his personal best. In fact I think he got the full set of personal best at this competition... so good for him and a good competition for him none the less. I would love to see him get the TES to go to worlds this year, he might be able to pull it off.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This music has me wanting to cruise down the Mississippi River on an old timey paddle boat.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has team Russia taken up the entire first row of that section? :clap:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm such a sap, but this soundtrack music always makes me cry. :luv17: Wonderful to see him skate so well to it, too.

NaVi

Medalist
Aliev was gassing out at the end there... and it's pretty cheesy in parts... I prefer last years LP. But great job anyway.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He ran out of steam but he still managed to stay on his feet! Fantastic! I do think the SP is better choreographed, but he packs so much in here, it's understandable...

Proud of you Dima! :love:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Wow, Aliev was almost clean! Though the sword-fighting at the end needs more commitment, get your stamina up, Dimitri!

That skate reminded me how Man in the Iron Mask has one of the best bombastic soundtracks ever written.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Such Dramaz!!!

From hamming it up for his teammates to eeking out some of those jump combo's.

I'm not sold on this program but I think he'll get better at it and make it much more likable.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Savosin's giod, really really good. Cool music and he moves perfectly to it.:luv17:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The first part of Alexei's program was pretty empty, but I kind of like it...something different. His 3A is amazing!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love the second 3A from that counter. Alexei has really improved so much from last season. Congrats To both him and Dmitri for well skated programs!

TMC

Record Breaker
Alexei desperately needs a transition or three, but I really like that programme and his commitment to it. And yeah, 3Z3R combo!!!

Rissa

Record Breaker
So... no major meltdowns, everyone performed up to their abilities, no surprise placements? I hope we haven't used up all luck so early...:laugh: