2016 Golden West Championships, Sep 2-4 | Golden Skate

2016 Golden West Championships, Sep 2-4

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The link for free live streaming, if anyone cares:

One of the All Year FSC pages for 2016 Golden West:

(My guess is that the live streaming is *not* being archived. Disclaimer that I do not know for sure.

Gracie Gold and Vincent Zhou earlier had said that they would compete here. Disclaimer that I do not know whether they still intend to, and I do not know anything about other entries.

The entryeeze page http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=97 has a schedule link.)

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
Brand new short from Vivian. New coach and short. Clean skate. Should be a good season.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Brand new short from Vivian. New coach and short. Clean skate. Should be a good season.

She looks more polished this season. She has great posture and arm movements :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Nathan Chen also competed??

Seeing mentions on Twitter.

Thx to all for the reports in this thread :).

NaVi

Medalist
Vivian Le 3Lo 3Lz+2T | 2A

The 3Lz looked to be more controlled than before. The double toe was intentional though it also looked like she might be having issues with the 3T.

------

Edit, actually it was just a 2Lo...

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
Vivian Le 3Lo 3Lz+2T | 2A

The 3Lz looked to be more controlled than before. The double toe was intentional though it also looked like she might be having issues with the 3T.
Rafael is probably reworking her jumping technique. I'll miss her huge jumps though.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So Nathan just attempted a 4Z and a 4F in his SP... this he will go for six quad free skate this year?

NaVi

Medalist
Gracie kept her short from last season?

Hahaha... up until the 3F I thought she was skating the same program to different music.

I can't say I like it though I don't want to be a hater. I think there's a design decision in that program that will hurt her. I think the people who kind of bullied her to stop her from being an "ice princess" were wrong... she is an ice princess.... or at least more of an ice princess than what she's trying to be now.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
No it's different. It's just still a tango. But the song is from Mr and Mrs Smith.

Oh, okay. Thanks, I thought the stsq looked a little different but everything else was so similar to last season hence my confusion...and the dress didn't help :laugh:

So Nathan just attempted a 4Z and a 4F in his SP... this he will go for six quad free skate this year?

:scard8:

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Hahaha... up until the 3F I thought she was skating the same program to different music.

I can't say I like it though I don't want to be a hater. I think there's a design decision in that program that will hurt her. I think the people who kind of bullied her to stop her from being an "ice princess" were wrong... she is an ice princess.... or at least more of an ice princess than what she's trying to be now.

It really was very similar. The first half i was wondering "What advantage is there in not just keeping last years program that she is comfortable with?" The second half i felt was music that is rather hard to perform and/or emote to... at one point i felt like it was more sound effect than music.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

They've moved onto Polina now :rolleye:

frida80

Record Breaker
Caroline missed her loop, but looked lovely out there. I think I appreciate her skating a lot more now.