2016 JGP Pokal der Blauen Schwerter Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Pokal der Blauen Schwerter Entries

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It looks like Parsons/Parsons may possibly be moved here, since they've been replaced in Estonia by Lewis/Bye who were originally assigned to Germany (and still technically are, lol).

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
And now no Samarin. He's been moved to Estonia to replace Kunitsa, and Kovalev is now slotted in here.

:dance3: But at the same time, the event looks like another bloody battle field after Yokohama where he participated...

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, even after the entry changes, it's one heck of a competition in men- Cha, Torgashev, Hiwatashi, Erokhov, Nadeau, and Kovalev all here. Kovalev may likely not medal here, but he'll significantly raise his reputation if he puts out another solid performance, having been assigned to the two deepest fields.

Alex D

Record Breaker
really? like whom?

The Parsons are nice, Anastasia and Grigory from Russia , the Pairs field is very good with the Czech, Russian and Ukrainien, Gubanova at Ladies (huge Russian talent)... and while I don´t know the Canadians yet (me thinks), they will also bring something and the Asian skaters.

I can not judge the men, as I don´t follow junior men much, but ya it does not look to bad.

kalee

On the Ice
Guess the substitution of Vivian should not be a surprise since she doesn't seem to be ready...
But wonder why Amy Lin was substituted? Was looking forward to seeing her...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Given that Amy Lin withdrew from her first event (Japan) due to injury (ankle issue + pulled back muscle), I'm guessing she's probably not recovered enough.

I sort of wish the US would get Amy to come skate for us again. Hopefully though skating for Taiwan will give her a longer career and maybe more chances at the big international events similar to Nicole Rajicova.....another American I wish we hadn't lost.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I sort of wish the US would get Amy to come skate for us again. Hopefully though skating for Taiwan will give her a longer career and maybe more chances at the big international events similar to Nicole Rajicova.....another American I wish we hadn't lost.

Slovakia is like Poland, so Nicole is as much American as she is Slovak. I mean, that the place of birth doesn't matter (which I know is crucial in US citizenship). Having a Slovak mother makes her Slovak. And as far as I know she speaks Slovak very well, so it's not naturalisation like in some other skaters cases. I wouldn't say "US" lost her since from the beginning she was (and is) a Slovak. (of course, you can deem her American too, I'd say she's both nationalities). And since she could choose which country she'd like to represent I think she made good choice for developing her career.

Back to topic, I'm still sad over Vivian not doing well enough to be send to JGP. And Nicolas Nadeau apparently is not well enough either (Hope Nic will get at least late Challengers, if health will let him). Good thing at least Pairs is looking very exciting! I have something to look for in this event :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cha skating so early makes me so nervous? why do they make him skate in grp 1?

What makes me more nervous is that the two Korean skaters are back-to-back. We have Cha Jun Hwan from the South going 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], with Han Kum Chol from the North going 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

I really hope nobody sees this as an opportunity to say or do something that may cause a diplomatic incident.

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
What makes me more nervous is that the two Korean skaters are back-to-back. We have Cha Jun Hwan from the South going 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], with Han Kum Chol from the North going 3[SUP]rd[/SUP].

I really hope nobody sees this as an opportunity to say or do something that may cause a diplomatic incident.

CaroLiza_fan

At a Junior Grand Prix? :rofl: Relax, dear CaroLiza_fan...

Hailey Shin

Medalist

CaroLiza_fan

They (SK skaters and NK skaters) often met at Asian trophy! :biggrin: And they enjoy taking pictures together there.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At a Junior Grand Prix? :rofl: Relax, dear CaroLiza_fan...

You never know. The skaters themselves wouldn't (after all, they are there to compete and showcase their skating ability). But some of their team members, or some of the spectators, may try to make some sort of point.

This conversation just brought another thought into my mind. This competition is being held in what was East Germany. Can anybody think of any incidents happening when West and East German skaters were skating together in the same group?

I'm too young to know of any!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They (SK skaters and NK skaters) often met at Asian trophy! :biggrin: And they enjoy taking pictures together there.

Ah, that is reassuring to know.

It's just that those of us outside Asia don't get to see the skaters from the North too often (I've only seen the Pairs couple before, Ryom Tae Ok / Kim Ju Sik), so I didn't know if them skating back-to-back could cause problems.

So, no need to worry then. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Well...

He Drew number 2 ;)

isn't it drawn by group? for example skaters in Group 1 are already chosen by the organizers, the skaters in the said group will just draw to know the order. Because it's too much of a coincidence that most asian skaters except for the Chinese skater will skate early.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ah, that is reassuring to know.

It's just that those of us outside Asia don't get to see the skaters from the North too often (I've only seen the Pairs couple before, Ryom Tae Ok / Kim Ju Sik), so I didn't know if them skating back-to-back could cause problems.

So, no need to worry then. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

During the Olympics, the North and South Korean women's gymnasts were in the same rotation and took selfies together. It was kind of awesome

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
isn't it drawn by group? for example skaters in Group 1 are already chosen by the organizers, the skaters in the said group will just draw to know the order. Because it's too much of a coincidence that most asian skaters except for the Chinese skater will skate early.

No, for JGP it's totally random. Every skater just draw a number and that's his/her/theirs start number. Sometimes you have two Russians skate one after another, or Americans or Japanese or any other nation (like last week Estionans). Of course, in Free skate they are divided in groups by SP score and draw the numbers within a group.

Last edited: