Rika Kihira | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

leoleo

Medalist
Well, I believe Jackie predicted Rika would win NHK too.

I predicted it too. I even decided to stick to my prediction after she fell on the SP 3A and was lying in 5th lmao people on twitter thought i was delusional (even i wasn't too sure about it) but after the free skate i felt so proud that i believed in her until the end :rock:

lzxnl

Final Flight
I predicted it too. I even decided to stick to my prediction after she fell on the SP 3A and was lying in 5th lmao people on twitter thought i was delusional (even i wasn't too sure about it) but after the free skate i felt so proud that i believed in her until the end :rock:

Not going to lie, I was only confident she'd win a medal. Didn't expect her to win the whole thing. After the SP, I didn't think she'd win IDF either, but I'm glad to be proven wrong on both counts.

madmax

Rinkside
My odds for GPF winner:
Zagitova 1/3
Kihira 1/1 (worth a bet)
Tuktamysheva 7/1
Miyahara 20/1

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
To think Rika is in my hometown and I get to see her tomorrow (and on Saturday, and in the gala lol)!!!!! I'm just buzzing with excitement and frisson. Let it be Thursday already and let her nail that 3A in her short!!!!!:yahoo:

leoleo

Medalist
To think Rika is in my hometown and I get to see her tomorrow (and on Saturday, and in the gala lol)!!!!! I'm just buzzing with excitement and frisson. Let it be Thursday already and let her nail that 3A in her short!!!!!:yahoo:

have looots and lots of fun Noxchild

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Noxchild - so exciting and have fun!

I think my predictions for ladies and men are exactly the same as Jackie’s turned out to be - hope we predicted correctly! :)

gotoschool

Medalist
Here is a marvelous video of Rika's truly beautiful SP runthrough at the Grand Prix Final. So much more than just jumps full of such expressive and intricate arm movements and dreamy fluidity in her skating that matches the mood of the music wonderfully. I am cheering for her to repeat this when the competition begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTLhJWVr-I

leoleo

Medalist
i came here to share the same video but gotoschool beat me to it haha truly praying she can nail the SP this time! I'm so nervous. I don't think i'll be able to watch her SP live lol i'll turn it off when it's her turn, my anxiety cannot handle that.

leoleo

Medalist
"The ice is a bit soft, but the practice session went well. My condition seems good, but there are some issues I need to address. I hope I can do this in the 6 min. warm-up." (The practice today went really well, i hope she handles what it is bothering her)

"I don't have any special feelings for this. I didn't panic during the official practice nor do I feel overconfident. If I can land my jumps regardless of my condition, the results will follow. I place importance on making sure the condition of my feelings are good." cr: https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus

Fluture

Record Breaker
I just want her to land that 3A in the SP and have two great performances. The overall placement isn‘t as important to me. She doesn‘t have to win the GPF in her first try, entering it with two Gold medals is already a great achievement. She is young, talented and hard-working and she has all the time to grow. I just want her to have clean skates she can be proud of. The 3A in the SP is the most important, I think because constantly missing it could lead to a mental block and anxiety at every attempt and I don‘t want that to happen. I truly hope she gets it this time. Fingers crossed!!

leoleo

Medalist
Rika herself doesn't talk about victory in her interviews. satoko has said just today that she doesn't want to lose, Rika consistently says she wants a personal best, she wants to skate clean. I think she has a "i'm going to do what i have to do and if it's enough to win then great" mentality which is great, she even said she was surprised by her score and victory at NHK. she has the potential to win but she does not seem to put pressure on herself to win everything despite the japanese media being really pushy about the "Alina vs Rika showdown"! She actually refuses to comment on it when she's asked about it ! In an interview this morning she said she's very aware of everybody who's competing at the GPF but she's focused on doing her best. I like her mentality and i hope the media does not change that.

leoleo

Medalist
Men's SP is over! My heart is not doing fine right now lol i'm scared :disapp:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
OH MY GOD!!!!! YEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! *thank you lordt

leoleo

Medalist
THANK YOU RIKA FOR MY LIFE OMG YEEEES
SP WORLD RECORD
LADIES TES WORLD RECORD
SECOND LADY TO LAND 4 CLEAN TRIPLES IN A SP
THAT'S MY GIRL

:yahoo: :hap57: :hap93:
omg i was so nervous i screamed so hard when she landed he 3A
LET'S BREAK ANOTHER WORLD RECORD TOMORROW BABY GIRL YOU CAN DO IT

Imagine

Medalist
Finally, a leading Japanese lady who actually has a personality and can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice! Looking forward to watching her for a long time.