Rika Kihira | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
YYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSS
I'm so happy!!!! Rika out there, snatching wigs, getting medals, looking down on us, peasants, from the top of the podium. :)))

Praying for a clean FS tom :pray: :pray::pray:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Finally, a leading Japanese lady who actually has a personality and can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice! Looking forward to watching her for a long time.

my thoughts exactly! It's good to have it more competitive for Russian ladies now. Very good that Risknkw has a new-found consistency. Great skate today. I enjoyed her.

axon

Rinkside
She finally got it right. :luv17:
I really like the program, kill 'em on Saturday, too, Rika!

chasseneige

Rinkside
oh, you're completely right! In that case, I'm glad the free skate is on Saturday because I'm pretty busy tomorrow.

I initially wasn't planning on watching GPF live but it has been pretty exciting so far. I'm sad that Zhenya and Marin aren't there but Rika has been absolutely incredible and I'm rooting for her!

moonstruck

On the Ice
oh my goodness Rika was incredible, just WOW! new world record!! :yahoo: I cheered so hard when she landed that 3A :)

leoleo

Medalist
Rika's SP is on youtube! Watch or download it before the channel is deleted as they've been deleting all FS channels recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXWQJUKh7w&feature=youtu.be

Rika's thoughts from the press conference:`
"Today about my performance, I was able to perform very calmly. Obviously, very happy with the scores, so it was a good performance. When I first got on the ice today, I wasn't really too conscious that I was on the scene of the GPF. I was focused on giving a good performance. I wasn't really tense and I was in a good state. The scores are much higher than I had imagined"
Remember that she thought she could score 75 if clean lmao she was probably shook by her score today.
If you're interested, here's how every judge scored her! As usual russian judge being shady :dev2: and the georgian judge tried it lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtyv5G0V4AAtFIH.jpg

YuanFang

Rinkside
I'm so so happy for Rika. After all the struggles, this brave, hard-working girl finally got what she deserves. Hoping for a good performance tomorrow.

laiyamanika

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Rika!
Her SP was just ok for me before probably because of failed 3As... but WOW! she delivered and it was beautiful!

leoleo

Medalist
More interview quotes, you'll like this one for everybody who has been worrying about media pressure:

“I’m not really bothered by all the attention. My focus right now is just to do better. I know that people are cheering me on and there is a lot of media pressure.”
Alina also refused to answer questions about the rivalry! I love how they're both not here for this rivalry the media is trying to push on them :laugh:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I reckon that the guy arguing that she should do a 2A in the short is now seeing the error of his ways.

madison

Record Breaker
Rika's SP is on youtube! Watch or download it before the channel is deleted as they've been deleting all FS channels recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXWQJUKh7w&feature=youtu.be

Rika's thoughts from the press conference:`
"Today about my performance, I was able to perform very calmly. Obviously, very happy with the scores, so it was a good performance. When I first got on the ice today, I wasn't really too conscious that I was on the scene of the GPF. I was focused on giving a good performance. I wasn't really tense and I was in a good state. The scores are much higher than I had imagined"
Remember that she thought she could score 75 if clean lmao she was probably shook by her score today.
If you're interested, here's how every judge scored her! As usual russian judge being shady :dev2: and the georgian judge tried it lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtyv5G0V4AAtFIH.jpg
Omg... the judges from Russia and Georgia put her on fifth place based on PCS!! What a difference between them and the others.

MRani

On the Ice
RIKA OMG YAS! Glad she finally got the SP 3A monkey off her back. That score is incredible. I was thinking she’d get around 77-78 if clean but the judge’s really went with her PCS-wise. I totally think she deserves it but I’m still shocked they actually went there lol.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Does Rika hold the record for highest TES in SP? :)))

MRani

On the Ice
Finally, a leading Japanese lady who actually has a personality and can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice! Looking forward to watching her for a long time.

K I know this is Rika’s fan thread and all but as a Rika fan who loves a lot of Japanese ladies, may I suggest the following who also fulfill those criteria:

Japanese ladies who can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice:
Wakaba Higuchi
Kaori Sakamoto
Mako Yamashita
Tomoe Kawabata
Nana Araki
Mai Mihara

Japanese ladies who have a personality:
All of them because this is totally subjective and a matter of personal taste lol
But if you’re looking for something less princessy:
Wakaba Higuchi
Kaori Sakamoto
Mai Mihara’s last season SP
Satoko Miyahara’s FS this season

Ok unrelated rant over :). And I agree about Rika’s awesomeness and how I can’t wait to see how she progresses over the next few seasons. She’s definitely one of my favorites.

leoleo

Medalist
Does Rika hold the record for highest TES in SP? :)))

yes she does :agree: and with a level2 on her sit spin! so she can get an even higher TES score :sarcasm: she holds the TES WR in both SP & Free Skate now :hap10: