Rika Kihira | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Logirl

On the Ice
Rika short program. Princess music is just not to my liking. But I think she really sells that program. What she puts out there is exactly what I expected for a princess piece of music. In other words it is not my couple of tea but it is beautiful done. And you can here it from the comentators that say it is beautifully skated and she kept the character going.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
As there where som disscussion earlier as to wheter or not it would be benefical for Rika to ad a +3Lo combination or a 2A in her free. It would be verry beneficial since the 2A could then replace a 2T. Adding a 2nd 2A and a +Eu+3S combination could also be bennifical if the goal is to increase the BV Eteri style.
Suggested layouts: (with +3Lo)
3A+3T
3A
2A+3Lo
3Lz
---
3F
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3S

(with +3Lo and +Eu+3S)
3A+3T
3A
2A
3Lz+3Lo
--
3F
3Lz
2A+3S
Three axles in a row should be considered bad composition so mixing around the jumps a bit might be a good Idea
To be fair it is probably more important this year to be consistent than increasing BV since she allready has the highest by far. To be able to battle with the quad juniors next season (assuming they still do them) i think she will need a layout like the last one which is the Ideal for a program with two 3A. (Apart from putting all the combinations in the last half to get bonus on them)

leoleo

Medalist
It's crazy that her layout could be even better and she is already at 87 TES score. But yeah as you said, staying consistent is the most important this season. Her layout is so crazy, i do not expect her to land all her jumps in every competition. I'm just praying she never pops a jump, i feel like popping a jump in competition is really scary and could destroy your confidence, making you lose focus for the rest of the program. i've seen that happen to a lot of skaters, Rika included. It seems when she pops, usually several other mistakes follow. She did show us that she has grown a lot since last season in how she handled this competition and i am so proud. But i will always be anxious when she goes on the ice in fear of seeing her crumble under her own & everybody else's expectations. Now that she delivered such a beautiful performance, she gets a lot of attention from the media and also she has gained more fans who will have expectations as well, i hope it doesn't overwhelm her and she can handle it.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was saying over in the NHK thread in the general section, but this is only the second time I think of where a host pick outright won a Grand Prix event (Kaetlyn's 2012 SCI victory being the other), so that's another trivia achievement for her.

leoleo

Medalist
I was saying over in the NHK thread in the general section, but this is only the second time I think of where a host pick outright won a Grand Prix event (Kaetlyn's 2012 SCI victory being the other), so that's another trivia achievement for her.

To think she only had one assignment :eeking:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Mao Asada finally has a worthy dauphin. Rika has just made this season a lot more interesting. Zagi has no more room for error and Liza is thinking about upping her TES game. Contrary to some pre-season beliefs ladies' competitive figure skating is very much alive and kicking. Thanks, Rika! :)

RoseNightingale

Rinkside
Just saw Rika for the 1st time and she has become my fave Japanese skater. She was marvelous! Congrats to her on the win! I really like both her programs, her sp especially (the dress is gorgeous!).

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I've been watching Rika before but I'm binging her videos now. She reminds me of a young Yuna. Of course, I would say Yuna had more innate musicality but both of them have POWER and GRACE in their skating. They both make the elements look beautiful and effortless but still have that raw power and wow factor. I wish Rika all the best. Good health and an injury free career.

Sastrugi

Rinkside
For some reason GS wouldn't load properly for me yesterday, so belated congrats to Rika for a fabulous FS! :points:

leoleo

Medalist
It's unfortunately geoblocked but Rika's FS on NHK official youtube channel is close to hitting 700K views :eeking: she made quite an impression. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjTBgkgF0sE&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully such a beautiful clean program will boost her confidence going into IDF, i'm praying we get to see two clean programs :pray:. As someone said earlier in the thread, may the tiger stay awake all season :laugh: