Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Rika Kihira

0 Not allowed!

Rika Kihira

Quote Originally Posted by RafaelAstro View Post
    Rika is a queen!, I just can´t believe what she is doing this season so far , go rika! two clean programs in IDF for a masive score please
    That would be massive indeed! And probably too much to ask? I just hope she doesn’t bomb the axels because I think she can afford minor mistakes or even a fall at some other jump but falling on a 3A or even worse, popping a 3A would really hurt her and make her vulnerable in what is a deep field. Good thing she already has lots of experience with deep fields(NHK and the whole Junior grand prix Final and stuff). I’m sending her good vibes!

Also, I’m afraid if she skates two clean programs at IdF that would be her “peaking too soon” and later on she would bomb Nats or WC...

1 Not allowed!
    Mai & Rika are already in Grenoble and apparently they already had practice today https://twitter.com/echotpe/status/1064938240438788097
    Rika's nails are the same color as her jacket how adorable

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leoleo View Post
    Mai & Rika are already in Grenoble and apparently they already had practice today https://twitter.com/echotpe/status/1064938240438788097
    Rika's nails are the same color as her jacket how adorable
    Great! I hope IdF gets their s----- together because they're famous for their bad ice and cheap medals and bad organization and whatnot. Rika needs to land them axels!!!
    Also, imagine going from the perfection that is NHK to IdF...

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    Great! I hope IdF gets their s----- together because they're famous for their bad ice and cheap medals and bad organization and whatnot. Rika needs to land them axels!!!
    Also, imagine going from the perfection that is NHK and then going to IdF...
    She's gonna be taken aback by the shaky podium and cardboard/plastic medals! also the size of the venue compared to NHK the french disgrace, i apologize on behalf of the french nation! it's Didier's fault

0 Not allowed!
    She's gonna be taken aback by the shaky podium and cardboard/plastic medals! also the size of the venue compared to NHK the french disgrace, i apologize on behalf of the french nation! it's Didier's fault
    LMAO!

As long as there aren't any major problems(especially with the ice), it's good enough I guess.

3 Not allowed!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Rika’s RT: https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...282037249?s=21

Popped the second 3A to a 2A. I think she also popped the loop in the 3Lz-2T-2Lo combo. Other than that seemed fine. Did a 3A-2T and 3Lz-3T

5 Not allowed!
    So, i'm here to report after practice! First of all WOW she looks so damn focused in practice, she didn't stop a moment to rest, she kept going, jumping, spinning, practicing her step sequences
    She jumped 3A several times, she seems to be going with 3A-2T and 3lz-3t this time cause she practiced those 2 combos a lot!
    I have to say WOW i was mindblown by how fast she rotates her 3A, sometimes i was like "was that a 3A or a 2A i can't quite get it" Mae Berenice clapped for her after she landed 3A-3T
    She practiced her SP twice (without music) after her run through (probably cause she really wants it clean this time)

FS Run through part 1 https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...45658282037249
    FS Run through part 2 https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...46359536173056
    SP rt https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...47450814406656

2 Not allowed!
    I really love Rika‘s FS! It‘s one of my favourites this season. I think the music just suits her so well. Also: I didn‘t even watch her live but even through the screen of my phone I could see her radiating confidence and concentration. It really seems she wants to nail all those 3As this time and I think she‘ll succeed. She‘s not only looking rocksolid in practice but also totally determined. I really want to see her and Zhenya take Gold and Silver (in which order, I don‘t care all that much) and advance to the GPF!

1 Not allowed!
    Rika had a clean SP run through this morning. Landed so many 3As i was losing my mind already she practiced all her jumps, spins & stsq many times! I'm so nervous, i want her to skate clean in the SP so bad

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Good luck Rika today and tomorrow !

1 Not allowed!
    So, i'm here to report after practice! First of all WOW she looks so damn focused in practice, she didn't stop a moment to rest, she kept going, jumping, spinning, practicing her step sequences
    She jumped 3A several times, she seems to be going with 3A-2T and 3lz-3t this time cause she practiced those 2 combos a lot!
    I have to say WOW i was mindblown by how fast she rotates her 3A, sometimes i was like "was that a 3A or a 2A i can't quite get it" Mae Berenice clapped for her after she landed 3A-3T
    She practiced her SP twice (without music) after her run through (probably cause she really wants it clean this time)

FS Run through part 1 https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...45658282037249
    FS Run through part 2 https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...46359536173056
    SP rt https://twitter.com/aintsheabitch/st...47450814406656
    I'm always under the impression Rika is so strong and her stamina is just neverending! I don't know why, she's like a 5year old in that sense, full of energy, running around all the time, she's a happy child!

I'm glad she's going for the 3A+2T combo because I think she can get better GOE on that since it is much more secure, the 3T is really risky, she landed that at NHK but it wasn't perfect, still, she can say she was the first to do so at a Senior event and at Senior GP event, so no need to go for that here. Now, I really hope her 3Lz3T is safe and sound.
    Btw, I saw a video of her doing a 2A and MY GOD, it is so freaking huge now!

also, how cute of Mae to clap for Rika! Sportmanship at its best! I'd clap too if I was her!
    I think Kihira will have a good SP, she really wants to land that 3A in the short! I just hope she doesn't forget the rest. She looked very, very solid in practice but let's see what happens in competition.
    Her skating order is good I think, first group is better for her than waiting everyone skate...

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    I'm always under the impression Rika is so strong and her stamina is just neverending! I don't know why, she's like a 5year old in that sense, full of energy, running around all the time, she's a happy child!

I'm glad she's going for the 3A+2T combo because I think she can get better GOE on that since it is much more secure, the 3T is really risky, she landed that at NHK but it wasn't perfect, still, she can say she was the first to do so at a Senior event and at Senior GP event, so no need to go for that here. Now, I really hope her 3Lz3T is safe and sound.
    Btw, I saw a video of her doing a 2A and MY GOD, it is so freaking huge now!

also, how cute of Mae to clap for Rika! Sportmanship at its best! I'd clap too if I was her!
    I think Kihira will have a good SP, she really wants to land that 3A in the short! I just hope she doesn't forget the rest. She looked very, very solid in practice but let's see what happens in competition.
    Her skating order is good I think, first group is better for her than waiting everyone skate...
    She does look like she never gets tired! it's crazy! I take back everything i said about her SP dress, it is freaking cute in real life, or maybe it's just my sparkles supremacist speaking the blue + sparkles is just gorgeous. She practiced her SP until the second group started entering the rink, they literally had to kick her out of the ice

0 Not allowed!
    She does look like she never gets tired! it's crazy! I take back everything i said about her SP dress, it is freaking cute in real life, or maybe it's just my sparkles supremacist speaking the blue + sparkles is just gorgeous. She practiced her SP until the second group started entering the rink, they literally had to kick her out of the ice
    you know what they say, practice makes it perfect!

4 Not allowed!
    I think Rika is working especially hard because of her win in NHK. It must have motivated her so much to improve even more!!! I cannot wait for the Ladies SP tonight. So many skaters I love are competing. Rika, Zhenya, Marin....!!!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunalovesskating View Post
    I think Rika is working especially hard because of her win in NHK. It must have motivated her so much to improve even more!!! I cannot wait for the Ladies SP tonight. So many skaters I love are competing. Rika, Zhenya, Marin....!!!
    Right? We're in for a treat. A beautiful line-up. I hope everybody can give 2 beautiful clean programs

0 Not allowed!
    video of her Practice

https://twitter.com/skating_cat_A/st...23372133928960

Really good practice! Her skating looks sooooooo smoth and fast! She just flows beautifully..

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Rika bombed worse on her 3A than she did last time. That was painful to watch (I had a premonition that would happen)
    Yet she's 0.3 points behind first place. Without an axel jump (popped to single). The FS is going to be a bloodbath if she's switched on.

Can't help but feel sad for those 12 points lost...

2 Not allowed!
    God watching her pop live was so hard! I gasped and i was so sad until i saw that the rest of the ladies didn't do much better and she managed to get 2nd place with a pop. Scores are close and with a free like in NHK the victory can still be hers. I gotta say tho, she didn't falter and let it affect her! Last season Rika would have probably managed to make more mistakes. She has grown a lot mentally as well as technically and artistically. She sold that program like nothing happened. her lutz omg after seeing it several times since yesterday, it is a thing of beauty, absolutely gorgeous! the rippon, the spiral exit
    Judges also seem to be on her side, she's at 32pcs score again, with a pop, that's great for her first senior year. Her lutz got the highest GOE amongst the ladies today (i mean duh)
    Hamada seems like a great emotional support for her (the way she was encouraging her before she went on the ice and the way she was trying to comfort her after). I don't want to hear people think she doesn't love her or doesn't want her to win anymore.

The crowd did really enjoy her program tho, even after the pop, people cheered a lot when she finished and she got a lot of plushy thrown for her (i think maybe only Marin got more than her). Beautiful Storm seems to be her lucky charm so far, i hope she gives us chill again tomorrow.

PS: can people who only cheer for her so she could "beat the russians" just leave her the F* alone?

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    She will be okay as long as she's clean, or close to clean on her FS. I mean if she's getting 67 without an element, just imagine what'll she get once she gets it clean. Also, It's better for her to peak later in the season, at Nats and Worlds.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast