Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 1264

Thread: Rika Kihira

  1. #601
    The Last One Degree jenm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,026

    3 Not allowed!
    YYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSS
    I'm so happy!!!! Rika out there, snatching wigs, getting medals, looking down on us, peasants, from the top of the podium. ))

    Praying for a clean FS tom

  2. #602
    Medalist Alexz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,434
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Finally, a leading Japanese lady who actually has a personality and can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice! Looking forward to watching her for a long time.
    my thoughts exactly! It's good to have it more competitive for Russian ladies now. Very good that Risknkw has a new-found consistency. Great skate today. I enjoyed her.

  3. #603
    Tripping on the Podium melgirl25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    928
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chasseneige View Post
    I’m praying for a clean free skate tomorrow!!
    Free skate is Saturday not Friday. Unless for you it is Friday already in your time zone

  4. #604
    Medalist Lunalovesskating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,069
    Country: Germany

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by melgirl25 View Post
    Free skate is Saturday not Friday. Unless for you it is Friday already in your time zone
    In Europe it is Friday morning it is 7am here for me

  5. #605
    Tripping on the Podium melgirl25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    928
    Country: United States of America

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunalovesskating View Post
    In Europe it is Friday morning it is 7am here for me
    Okay, I panicked for a minute. I am going to the free skate Saturday

  6. #606
    Rinkside axon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    53

    0 Not allowed!
    She finally got it right.
    I really like the program, kill 'em on Saturday, too, Rika!

  7. #607
    Tripping on the Podium melgirl25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    928
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    I actually like Rika's short. It is dreamy and ethereal and well packaged.

  8. #608
    Rinkside chasseneige's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    77
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    oh, you're completely right! In that case, I'm glad the free skate is on Saturday because I'm pretty busy tomorrow.

    I initially wasn't planning on watching GPF live but it has been pretty exciting so far. I'm sad that Zhenya and Marin aren't there but Rika has been absolutely incredible and I'm rooting for her!

  9. #609
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    118
    Country: United States of America

    2 Not allowed!
    oh my goodness Rika was incredible, just WOW! new world record!! I cheered so hard when she landed that 3A

  10. #610
    Medalist leoleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,643
    Country: France

    1 Not allowed!
    Rika's SP is on youtube! Watch or download it before the channel is deleted as they've been deleting all FS channels recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXW...ature=youtu.be

    Rika's thoughts from the press conference:`
    "Today about my performance, I was able to perform very calmly. Obviously, very happy with the scores, so it was a good performance. When I first got on the ice today, I wasn't really too conscious that I was on the scene of the GPF. I was focused on giving a good performance. I wasn't really tense and I was in a good state. The scores are much higher than I had imagined"
    Remember that she thought she could score 75 if clean lmao she was probably shook by her score today.
    If you're interested, here's how every judge scored her! As usual russian judge being shady and the georgian judge tried it lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtyv5G0V4AAtFIH.jpg

  11. #611
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    12

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm so so happy for Rika. After all the struggles, this brave, hard-working girl finally got what she deserves. Hoping for a good performance tomorrow.

  12. #612
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    101

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm so happy for Rika!
    Her SP was just ok for me before probably because of failed 3As... but WOW! she delivered and it was beautiful!

  13. #613
    Medalist leoleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,643
    Country: France

    1 Not allowed!
    More interview quotes, you'll like this one for everybody who has been worrying about media pressure:

    “I’m not really bothered by all the attention. My focus right now is just to do better. I know that people are cheering me on and there is a lot of media pressure.”
    Alina also refused to answer questions about the rivalry! I love how they're both not here for this rivalry the media is trying to push on them

  14. #614
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    857

    2 Not allowed!
    I reckon that the guy arguing that she should do a 2A in the short is now seeing the error of his ways.

  15. #615
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,596

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leoleo View Post
    Rika's SP is on youtube! Watch or download it before the channel is deleted as they've been deleting all FS channels recently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nXW...ature=youtu.be

    Rika's thoughts from the press conference:`
    "Today about my performance, I was able to perform very calmly. Obviously, very happy with the scores, so it was a good performance. When I first got on the ice today, I wasn't really too conscious that I was on the scene of the GPF. I was focused on giving a good performance. I wasn't really tense and I was in a good state. The scores are much higher than I had imagined"
    Remember that she thought she could score 75 if clean lmao she was probably shook by her score today.
    If you're interested, here's how every judge scored her! As usual russian judge being shady and the georgian judge tried it lol https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtyv5G0V4AAtFIH.jpg
    Omg... the judges from Russia and Georgia put her on fifth place based on PCS!! What a difference between them and the others.

  16. #616
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    94

    0 Not allowed!
    RIKA OMG YAS! Glad she finally got the SP 3A monkey off her back. That score is incredible. I was thinking she’d get around 77-78 if clean but the judge’s really went with her PCS-wise. I totally think she deserves it but I’m still shocked they actually went there lol.

  17. #617
    Medalist leoleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,643
    Country: France

    1 Not allowed!
    Rika's sp with commentary for those who are interested
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud5kv5kV00I

  18. #618
    The Last One Degree jenm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,026

    0 Not allowed!
    Does Rika hold the record for highest TES in SP? ))

  19. #619
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    94

    11 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Finally, a leading Japanese lady who actually has a personality and can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice! Looking forward to watching her for a long time.
    K I know this is Rika’s fan thread and all but as a Rika fan who loves a lot of Japanese ladies, may I suggest the following who also fulfill those criteria:

    Japanese ladies who can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice:
    Wakaba Higuchi
    Kaori Sakamoto
    Mako Yamashita
    Tomoe Kawabata
    Nana Araki
    Mai Mihara

    Japanese ladies who have a personality:
    All of them because this is totally subjective and a matter of personal taste lol
    But if you’re looking for something less princessy:
    Wakaba Higuchi
    Kaori Sakamoto
    Mai Mihara’s last season SP
    Satoko Miyahara’s FS this season

    Ok unrelated rant over . And I agree about Rika’s awesomeness and how I can’t wait to see how she progresses over the next few seasons. She’s definitely one of my favorites.

  20. #620
    Medalist leoleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,643
    Country: France

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Does Rika hold the record for highest TES in SP? ))
    yes she does and with a level2 on her sit spin! so she can get an even higher TES score she holds the TES WR in both SP & Free Skate now

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •