Rika Kihira | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Fluture

Record Breaker
YAAAAS! I was so scared after the first 3A but she held it together. Congratulations! :yahoo:

breadstal

Record Breaker
I won't lie that watching her pulling up 3A-2T combo after her first messy 3A was so satysfying, just seeing a person with so much mental strength makes me have so much respect for them. I'm kinda happy it happened here, not on Nationals or Worlds, you can't be perfect all the time anyway. I'm so happy for her, it's insane how she improved as an athlete, I can't help but always cheer for her. Congrats for being Grand Prix Final champion, she's really at the top of the game.

lzxnl

Final Flight
I won't lie that watching her pulling up 3A-2T combo after her first messy 3A was so satysfying, just seeing a person with so much mental strength makes me have so much respect for them. I'm kinda happy it happened here, not on Nationals or Worlds, you can't be perfect all the time anyway. I'm so happy for her, it's insane how she improved as an athlete, I can't help but always cheer for her.

That was gutsy af. I was thinking, ok is this going to be a triple or a double axel? And she went for it! That was so risky given the first 3A was downgraded.

And the 3Lz-3T worked! I was a little worried about that one too initially.

bloomies20

Rinkside
What a gutsy performance. Absolutely went for it even after the first stumble. That's a champion's mentality. Congrats to her!

Maria Anna

Rinkside
RIKA WON!! :hap93: :hap93:

She has an amazing FS program and she is such a strong skater. I'm so glad that she managed to win despite the unsuccessful 3A.

Congrats queen, you absolutely deserved it! :cheer:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
OH MY GOD. YYYEEEEESSSSS!!! :gclap::gclap::gclap:

what a great way to start my day. it is 6:30am in my country.
jjust have to say, I did not expect the judges to go with that PCS. they really went there. and i'm bracing myself for some angry comments but for now, i will sleeeeeppp. :)))

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I won't lie that watching her pulling up 3A-2T combo after her first messy 3A was so satysfying, just seeing a person with so much mental strength makes me have so much respect for them. I'm kinda happy it happened here, not on Nationals or Worlds, you can't be perfect all the time anyway. I'm so happy for her, it's insane how she improved as an athlete, I can't help but always cheer for her. Congrats for being Grand Prix Final champion, she's really at the top of the game.

Idk how she pulled it off. Most other skaters would've unraveled.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Rika's PCS grew so rapidly, she got low 9s in everything other than TR (8.86), the highest score was interpretation- 9.21. I think she's high 8s/low 9s skater and deserves good PCS, her free program is just so well-done and she's really earning these points by skating both technically and artistically on good level.

Vili67

On the Ice
Last night i did see the future of ladies skating and the name is Rika Kihira:thank::hap57::clap:
I think that Alina most do absolutely her best to beat this young lady in GP final and worlds.
So good she is WOW

Most quote my post one of two is done now.
I was so glad for Rika's win tonight

Logirl

On the Ice
Great Job Rika

Idk how she pulled it off. Most other skaters would've unraveled.

This is awesome. A wonderful win for her. And great job keeping it together. When I think about it it is necessary for skater taking such risks. For example the guys with the quads even Yuzuru are seldom perfect.

Vili67

On the Ice
OH MY GOD. YYYEEEEESSSSS!!! :gclap::gclap::gclap:

what a great way to start my day. it is 6:30am in my country.
jjust have to say, I did not expect the judges to go with that PCS. they really went there. and i'm bracing myself for some angry comments but for now, i will sleeeeeppp. :)))

And great way to end day in my country it's now 01:12 in Finland

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Rika is just amazing. She really grew so much mentally since last season. She did not let that botched 3 Axel ruin her skate and pulled a beautiful performance. She is just lovely and so strong. Congrats wonderful Rika!

gotoschool

Medalist
Rika Rebounds beautifully in the free. Congratulations to Rika in what I think is one of the greatest comebacks within a freeskate ever and the key was thinking on her feet, having a B plan that she had drilled in practice and collecting herself to express grace under pressure. After putting hands down on her first downgraded triple axel, she immediately came back with a magnificent second triple axel and had the presence of mind to tack on a double toe and even more so she nailed the 3 lutz / 3 toe late in the freeskate beautifully and with conviction, fluidity and complete rotation, even though neither were part of the primary plan. This is the mark of a great champion and athlete and to me she has the dramatic interpretation and expression of a fabulous artist as well.

After watching more closely, I also noticed that Rika's rink coverage is expanding because she is skating closer and closer to the side boards and sometimes the far boards, especially when she does her wide arcing turns and change of direction movements, which indicates excellent skating skills. Her movements seem more brisk and fluid as well. As eurosport announcers said, she really thundered through that triple toe at the back of the triple lutz/ triple toe (great allusion for a beautiful storm).

SkatePL99

Spectator
What amazes me the most is the fact that until that season Kihira got reputation as inconsistent skater. Disappointing grand prix final, disappointing junior worlds. Not even a year passed and in the most important competition of Rikihra career (so far) she made mistake on first element and it didn't bother her at all. :eeking: I don't know if she just needed more competition or Mie Hamada work some magic on her, but it's amazing. Can't wait for nationals, I need more Kihira. :laugh:

leoleo

Medalist
I WAS WAITING TO SEE THE JUNIOR LADIES RESULTS TO COMMENT HERE BUT WOW I AM SO HAPPY THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY 10YRS SKATING FAN LIFE BOTH RIKA AND ALYONA WON THE GPF ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE TO WITNESS THIS???!

To be honest i was so nervous i actually did not watch Rika's free skate live :laugh2: when i came back on the stream she was waiting for the score! I am so happy i cried for real. She has truly developed nerves of steel. Going for a second 3A? Are you kidding me? What a competitor she is! I am so proud, i feel so lucky to have witnessed her growth since juniors :sad4:
She said she did not even have the GPF in mind, she only had one assignment and look at her now! She even nailed the plan B 3LZ-3T combo she URed last time at IDF and fell many times on this weekend in practice :dance:

axon

Rinkside
This is awesome. A wonderful win for her. And great job keeping it together. When I think about it it is necessary for skater taking such risks. For example the guys with the quads even Yuzuru are seldom perfect.
I think at some point, if you are doing difficult jumps properly, mistakes happen. Some have managed to stay very consistent, albeit with cheated technique. Rika doesn't do that. She has lots of potential and has done so well already - I can't wait to see how she continues to progress throughout the season and more.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I WAS WAITING TO SEE THE JUNIOR LADIES RESULTS TO COMMENT HERE BUT WOW I AM SO HAPPY THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY 10YRS SKATING FAN LIFE BOTH RIKA AND ALYONA WON THE GPF ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE TO WITNESS THIS???!

Same. My two favs for this comp won. I am so happy I could cry. (But I am also sad for the others today, the struggle of stanning nearly all of the skaters at the same comeptition LOL)