2016 JGP Mordovia Ice Dance SD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ice Dance SD

sneakers

Match Penalty
looks like C/P might even win. what happened to the evil eastern europeans conspiracy ? :dev2:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
That's what I hate about this Junior GP Series. It is so early in the season that we haven't had any opportunity to see anything from any new partnerships there may be. And so can't gauge how they may do.
Quite a lot of the teams who have no personal bests in their ISU bios are not new partnerships, but teams for whom this is the first juniors season. They don't show personal bests from novice competitions.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
looks like C/P might even win. what happened to the evil eastern europeans conspiracy ? :dev2:

Maybe it was just trolling? Every time I see this poster posting such things I wonder if he's really serious :scratch2: Because time after time after time he's proven wrong. This competition is not exception.

Carreira/Ponomarenko beat their PCS personal best by almost 2 points! And with these awful anti-American judges nonetheless! They've became so much better in just two weeks, imagine how good they will be in the end of the season! Watch out, McNamara/Carpenter :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw the Uzbek team.

I take it Uzbekistan is like Kazakhstan, and has a large Korean minority. Because nobody is going to tell me that Julia Kim is not of Korean descent! :laugh:

They mightn't have a lot of speed, and might have been very cautious, but I actually liked them.

The same can't be said of their music. Whoever that was doing the vocals for "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" needs to be told that they can't sing! Freddie Mercury will be turning in his grave if he heard that!

I really hope they will ditch that version of the song, and use the Queen version.

Hopefully they will get more confidence as they get more experience.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Just saw the Uzbek team.

I take it Uzbekistan is like Kazakhstan, and has a large Korean minority. Because nobody is going to tell me that Julia Kim is not of Korean descent! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Uzbekistan has the 3rd largest Korean diaspora from the former USSR after Russia and Kazakhstan
thanks to Stalin's mass reprisals and deportations from the russian far east.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Uzbekistan has the 3rd largest Korean diaspora from the former USSR after Russia and Kazakhstan
thanks to Stalin's mass reprisals and deportations from the russian far east.

Thank you for that info.

I looked up the Korean community in Kazakhstan a few years ago, because of being intrigued by Denis Ten. And so found out that it was Stalin's handiwork that they were there. But, I never looked up anywhere else.

Just finished off watching the last 2 couples.

Eliza SAEZ / Yann THAYALAN. Boys but it is so weird getting your head around the idea of seeing a guy with a full beard in a JUNIOR competition!

But I really liked them! They not only looked more mature, but they skated more mature too. I was amazed that they didn't finish higher than 12th. But, the mid-field is so close that they could move up considerably.

As for Kuts / Mikhailov, they were really good. I really wish I had put them into my Top 5. But, that's the problem with making predictions when you have brand new partnerships with no previous scores to go by.

And they also show the danger of being in the position where you have no score for one partner, but have a score from a previous partnership for the other, and so judging the new partnership by the old partnership. Because the new partner may be a lot better than the old partner...

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Don't think she wore a headpiece. But, I can't remember for sure.

Wow! We have already reached the last couple before the resurfacing, Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS!

Well, I hated their music! Not something I would ever think would be used in Ice Dance.

CaroLiza_fan

What song was it? No update yet for their bio, and there is no separate video.at this time :bang:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Maybe it was just trolling? Every time I see this poster posting such things I wonder if he's really serious :scratch2: Because time after time after time he's proven wrong. This competition is not exception.
Im more intrigues about the marks that the independent thinker always gives out. i wish someone compiled the scores of that judge...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What song was it? No update yet for their bio, and there is no separate video.at this time :bang:

It started with a really slowed down version of Otis Redding's "Try A Little Tenderness". It was OK, but was almost slowed down too much. (Not sure if it was actually Otis singing, though).

But then it changed to a hip hop song. I've heard the song, but haven't a clue what it is called or who it is by (not my type of music). It is one of those songs where the vocalist is shouting and I can't make out the words, and so can't search for the lyrics. :palmf:

Here's the direct link to the start of their programme within the archived stream, if you want to try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQAWcu0RKQQ&t=3641

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It's sad that Dylan Antunes had lost luggage issues at Abedou/Antunes' first JGP. They massively improved their PB SP score by nearly 17 points!

Oh. Wait. I just checked the standings page and they're listed for Germany. I guess withdrawing early enough (prior to the draw) in Ostrava could count as not entered?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks! second song is "Otis" by Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Otis Redding

The first song is slowed so it meets the required number of beats per minute for the blues.

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
My :slink: in Saransk says that Loboda and Drodz coach was really upset after C/P marks... She was seen having loooong discussion with Russian judge!!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Loboda & Drozd had two visibly awkward moments, one in the lift, and one in one of the step sequences, AFAIR.

Carreira and Ponomarenko were not in the grestest sync in the twizzles, but the rest looked good, and their interaction with each other and the music was top notch, much better than their last outing. On balance, I have no problem with the two teams being close.

Last edited: