2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies SP

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Man, I did not say anything aggresive on russian skaters. I only said that Shiraiwa is underscored and is not bored and that's all. What's wrong?

Last time - may be your English is not good or you are just a rare visitor to this board.

Many people here at GS say unpleasant, at times rude things about Russian skaters. Many, often the same people become very defensive if the critique goes to the Japanese or Americans. But no one so far was as low as to say "aggressive patriotic fanatism" to the remark that someone's skating was boring. That's it.

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
But no one so far was as low as to say "aggressive patriotic fanatism" to the remark that someone's skating was boring. That's it.

That's because the remark was: a) from russian user and b) without any arguments. Why bored? For me nothing bored - even I see some progress from last season in Yuna's skating...

And here I never have read rude things about russians... There are mutch more rude things and even uncovered hate about Marin, Satoko you can read at russian forums. Here at GS I haven't read any hate about russians....

voolfee

On the Ice
There are mutch more rude things and even uncovered hate about Marin, Satoko you can read at russian forums.
Why are you lying? There is no hate about Marin or Satoko in russian forums. Maybe some of the people there hate Satoko's UR jupms, but also at GS.

And yes, Yuna's skating is boring.

Last edited:

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
And yes, Yuna's skating is boring.

Arguments, please

And what's wrong with Yuna landings? Why the fact that they are soft makes them worse than Polinas? Yuna has pretty good soft landings without visible effort - so what's wrong?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Arguments, please

And what's wrong with Yuna landings? Why the fact that they are soft makes them worse than Polinas? Yuna has pretty good soft landings without visible effort - so what's wrong?

Here's my take.

Jeffrey Buttle did not give her one of his best programs. The first part starts off well enough and even with a little lack of charisma it isn't boring by any means to my taste. Some nice little arm flaires and the leg kick right before the 3-3 are kinda fun. What bugs me about this program though is the decision they've made with these two back to back spins.

https://youtu.be/7mzUsUoBWtg?t=1m11s

The layback is nice and is executed pretty well and most importantly for me it leads up to a dramatic change in music but when the bebop and scatting begin and really pick things up musically she goes into this camel spin. I wish this would be a StSeq that interjects character, rhythm, and or excitement instead of her doing donut positions and catch foots which seem out of step with the music. Then when she exits the spin and starts stroking it's like she's still going the same speed as she was before the music picked up. I don't understand why she doesn't skate bigger once that music changes and it highlights what I find to be her biggest weakness....lack of charisma and or character. This contrast of exciting music and underwhelming performing really sort of continues the rest of the program because her steps and general choreography in this particular competition are a bit labored or just lack any real charm.

This worked for her last year when her music was soft and not as dynamic. I think the goal for her team was to attempt to show a different side to her...they all do this....but I think this music swallows her up. I think she got a very generous score TBH and looking at some of those PCS marks I think they went a bit high because I'd score her in the 6.50 range for everything. Her SS and CH though would take a hit from me and be no higher than 6.00

These numbers are useless though because 7's and 8's mean nothing by themselves. My 7 might be your 8. That's fine and if the relation of those numbers works out fairly across the board to all skaters it's nothing abnormal in my opinion.

I really thought her 3lo was stellar and the GOE given on that was stingy. Did I miss something? Her other jumps weren't anything special but I must admit I'm glad she changed the dramatic arm swing and turn she did after nearly every jump last year.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
That's because the remark was: a) from russian user and b) without any arguments. Why bored? For me nothing bored - even I see some progress from last season in Yuna's skating...

And here I never have read rude things about russians... There are mutch more rude things and even uncovered hate about Marin, Satoko you can read at russian forums. Here at GS I haven't read any hate about russians....

Untrue especially regarding Marin.

I'm not russian and not a huge fan of her to be honest, but i was surprised to see so many positive comments by the russians on Marin skating and her gold medal at JW.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Untrue especially regarding Marin.

I'm not russian and not a huge fan of her to be honest, but i was surprised to see so many positive comments by the russians on Marin skating and her gold medal at JW.
I can confirm that 100%, but in regard to last season, when two Russian top girls had to withdraw from JW.
This season is different - I observe the rising amount of negative comments on Marin on Russian skating fora. It's understandable: she got even better than last year: more skilled, stronger, charismatic, heck - even prettier! She became a monster on junior level and potential threat regarding Olympic medal in 2018.
Things got serious. :scard8:

Crazy27

Rinkside
Which makes it more weird that Mishin accepted her as a student. Did he not once say that he does not like coaching ladies?
Nugumanov Sr. - also a figure skating coach from St. Petersburg. They are old friends with Mishin.