2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens SP

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not sure why he thought this program was so amazing that it needed to be recycled.

I'm guessing they wanted to focus all their effort on the Lion King concept

awwwwwwwwwwww he's so disappointed in himself it makes me sad!

Lysambre

Final Flight
I'm a bit disappointed, I thought that with the program recycling, they would finally put some actual moves ON the accents in the music instead of inbetween.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
i'm always so sad when max gets dumped in the scores with a mistake, mostly because he looks all disappointed in himself and that makes me want to hug him.

i'm going to sulk off to bed now :bed:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am SUCH a sap, but I have goosebumps all over and tears in my eyes. This music, and this guy... When Shoma skates this clean, I want it in a videoframe in my living room, repeating endlessly. :luv17:

This program is a winner. The music is goosebumps music. And yes, I do love the costume! :drama:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Despite the slightly ridiculous shirt, I really enjoyed that. His interptetation and upper-body movement have improved a lot recently.

Score: 46.23/41.45/86.68

I love the shirt, even though it's not a deep V. :slink::scard7:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Me too....What happened to Apppassionata? Maybe they told him is was too recognizable with Irina's comeback SP. From 2000. Of course, it's no worse than using Carmen. ;)

Ok, I just saw Jason's SP on Youtube and I have to say that I just don't love it. He's so talented but I think music with Lyrics, is not a good match for him. Most of you know that I am/was a Joshua Farris fan and was very apprehensive about "Give Me Love" until I saw him perform it. I have seen Jason in person MANY times because he was Joshua biggest rival and I paid close attention to his every move. IMO. Where Joshua used his face to sell his program, Jason used his body to sell his. I hope that made sense. Jason is a beautiful skater with gorgeous lines, huge split leaps, and fast spins with difficult positions.

This music, IMO, pulls the attention away from his body and onto his face and for Jason, IMO, that is a mistake. He's still a beautiful skater but, I hope they switch back to Appassionata.

Last edited:

glorybox6

Final Flight
Wow, not in love with this program for Jason, either. The lyrics are terribly ominous for a skating program, first of all. And I agree that it's extremely distracting.

On the other hand, bravo Shoma. LOVE this program.

Max's Nessun 2.0? Meh. I'm not sure what the point of reusing a program is unless you're going to give it a little something new or special, just not seeing it here (yet?).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Me too....What happened to Apppassionata? Maybe they told him is was too recognizable with Irina's comeback SP. From 2000. Of course, it's no worse than using Carmen. ;)

Ok, I just saw Jason's SP on Youtube and I have to say that I just don't love it. He's so talented but I think music with Lyrics, is not a good match for him. Most of you know that I am/was a Joshua Farris fan and was very apprehensive about "Give Me Love" until I saw him perform it. I have seen Jason in person MANY times because he was Joshua biggest rival and I paid close attention to his every move. IMO. Where Joshua used his face to sell his program, Jason used his body to sell his. I hope that made sense. Jason is a beautiful skater with gorgeous lines, huge split leaps, and fast spins with difficult positions.

This music, IMO, pulls the attention away from his body and onto his face and for Jason, IMO, that is a mistake. He's still a beautiful skater but, I hope they switch back to Appassionata.

YMMV, of course but I absolutely despise Sam Smith and this song and fell like Jason skated a solid program in spite of it. I can see how people wouldn't like it at first blush though.

I actually think the program actually provides a different way for him to perform. This is not drama-driven like Tristan and Isolde or an energetic step dance like Riverdance. There is some opportunities for development, imo.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Some thoughts

Jason:
Don't like program at all. Still prince is his best SP. It doesn't impress at all. Better approach to quad than in the past. More speed, but still that rotation. 3A looks more secure than before

Shoma:
Well, even if he lands 4F I hope judges gonna do their job, because he had no steps to it. This small foot move before it's not enough. No transitions to 2nd quad either. Nice entry to 3A, but exit was to me awkward because he had no speed and not enough control to do this with fluid

Lys

Match Penalty
Some thoughts

Jason:
Don't like program at all. Still prince is his best SP. It doesn't impress at all. Better approach to quad than in the past. More speed, but still that rotation. 3A looks more secure than before

so far it looks very "generic" too. I hope it's just because it's new and/or he was focusing on tech side so couldn't focus on interpretation and performance.

Shoma:
Well, even if he lands 4F I hope judges gonna do their job, because he had no steps to it. This small foot move before it's not enough. No transitions to 2nd quad either. Nice entry to 3A, but exit was to me awkward because he had no speed and not enough control to do this with fluid

Could have write it myself :)
It's quite poor on tr and choreo in general too, imo (and the little it has, it seems Turandot v2), but hopefully it will get richer as season goes on. I wasn't sold on Legends either at the beginning of last season, but it improved a lot in the following months.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On the other hand, bravo Shoma. LOVE this program.

Max's Nessun 2.0? Meh. I'm not sure what the point of reusing a program is unless you're going to give it a little something new or special, just not seeing it here (yet?).

Love Shoma's program. It has already improved since he debuted it at one of the summer ice shows and will just keep getting better through his hard work. Love the costume too.

Max seemed to have a bit of an off day. I too was looking for a few changes here and there. Maybe he'll go "back to the drawing board" and rework a few things before his GP assignments.