2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens SP

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Oh I agree. But I'm just documenting my deep dislike for Sam Smith and it now appears I have to hear him SEVERAL times this season based on the planned programs. :p

Well in that case, look on the bright side... it will likely get muted on Youtube anyway.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
So everyone's in agreement that Sam Smith in the rink is awful?

Isn't this the song everyone hated when it came out?

LRK

Record Breaker
I generally don't say this kind of thing, but...

This music just made me miss Machida so much! That's not a "knock" on Shoma - I just adored that program so much... Oh, Machida...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I am SUCH a sap, but I have goosebumps all over and tears in my eyes. This music, and this guy... When Shoma skates this clean, I want it in a videoframe in my living room, repeating endlessly. :luv17:

TMC

Record Breaker
If it was USFSA's doing at Champs Camp I think they are messing with Jason. They could have said something at TCC, or GF and not waited till Champs Camp... it is not like his program was unknown.

Also, can they actually forbid someone from performing a certain programme? By like withdrawing funds or something? Because they didn't like Riverdance at first either, and Jason & crew don't strike me as people who are easily persuaded...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If it was USFSA's doing at Champs Camp I think they are messing with Jason. They could have said something at TCC, or GF and not waited till Champs Camp... it is not like his program was unknown.

It didn't do him too much harm really. Music aside, I do think it's a better program choreography wise.

Nice program from Shoma. Probably will be in first easily.

LRK

Record Breaker
Second Carmina of the day... There was one in pairs also - Della Monica/Guarise; clearly the Italians like it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Isn't it a James Bond song? It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the annoying Sam Smith falsetto.

Yes. And he won an Oscar for it (but not the first gay person to win it, despite his lame declaration). Would have rather the deal with Radiohead have come through.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Also, can they actually forbid someone from performing a certain programme? By like withdrawing funds or something? Because they didn't like Riverdance at first either, and Jason & crew don't strike me as people who are easily persuaded...

I think it likely would be sneaky underhanded ways of messing with skaters...and I think some changes were made to Riverdance to accommodate them.

It didn't do him too much harm really. Music aside, I do think it's a better program choreography wise.

Not it is not bad at all. I never was a fan of the Secret Garden one anyway... this is lovely, just unexpected and hopefully a change he (Jason) wanted.

Nice program from Shoma. Probably will be in first easily.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh I agree. But I'm just documenting my deep dislike for Sam Smith and it now appears I have to hear him SEVERAL times this season based on the planned programs. :p

And now you all now how I felt about Ed Sheeran and Give Me Love.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Alessandro Fadini

Costume: basically a slightly-less-elaborate copy of Adam Rippon's last SP costume

Music: Carmina Burana

3A (two foot, stepout)
3F (fall)
FCCoSp
*pause for evil laugh sound effect)
3Lo (stepout)
StSq - *very dramaticke*
*screaming sound effects*
CCoSp

That was...heh. Dramatic, perhaps?

Score: 21.37/26.00/46.37

Last edited: