2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies SP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed Roberta's program, after the first part. When she was setting up for her combo, she lost the music entirely for me, or "abandoned the program," as I heard Kurt B. say about another skater once.

But after that, it was a great skate. And it's so nice to see someone who comes onto the ice with a beautiful smile, like she WANTS to be there and looks forward to performing.

frida80

Record Breaker
I do :luv17: Mirai's program, and the music. Such a refreshing change! I'm not a fan of her dress. But I think she's really getting the program into her bones now; the jumps will improve. The better approach IMO. Another thing: somehow this choice of music goes well with her serious/stoic face, so that works well.

That's an old dress. I expect a new one by SC.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Protocols: http://www.fisg.it/upload/result/4144/senior/CSITA2016_SeniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Kudos to Wakaba for hitting all level 4s. I do think her 3F was ! worthy though, but she got away with it. I love this program for her. It shouts "yes, I shall emote, and I shall show my passion" like a quintessential Shae Lynn - Ashley Wagner collaboration. When you have such a program combined with Wakaba's speed and presence and JUMPS, it works.

samson

Medalist
For a September skate this was awesome for Mirai! The only time she's scored higher in the sp in the fall was in Cup of China 2009 (Pirates) and she was a point within that here even with a fall.

I so agree she looks ready for this season. I think it's a great sign that all the jumps were rotated and I thought her spins looked stronger here than they did at worlds. I really do think she has two programs this season that to this point could be considered signature pieces for her. She also looked happy and pleased with the score once all was said and done which is a great sign for.

Also was really pleased to see she hit all level 4s. :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Are there any links to videos of the performances? I'm always excited to see the beginnings of the new season. I found a link on YouTube. I just watched Mirai's SP and I absolutely love it. Even with the fall on the opening combo, you can tell that Mirai is in MUCH better shape this year than she has been in the recent past. I hope she has a great performance in the Free Program. Bravo......:cheer2:

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Are there any links to videos of the performances? I'm always excited to see the beginnings of the new season. I found a link on YouTube. I just watched Mirai's SP and I absolutely love it. Even with the fall on the opening combo, you can tell that Mirai is in MUCH better shape this year than she has been in the recent past. I hope she has a great performance in the Free Program. Bravo......:cheer2:

Agreed! Love the positions and overall attention to detail. I like the dress color and style but would probably lose the big scroll-y design in the front.Mirai's beauty is enough. Love the step sequence! Go Mirai!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Since the uploads of Mirai's SP on YouTube have audio disabled, here is a DailyMotion link of it!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4spppy_lombardia-trophy-2016-sp-mirai-nagasu_sport

Holy Cow!! That's Cynthia Phanuef's old music. In any case, it's a lovely program and Mirai is clearly in great shape. Her legs are much more defined this season so maybe she's been running up that mountain in Colorado. I remember seeing Agnes Z. run up that mountain in a fluff piece.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am disappointed that Wakaba didn't use the ex piece as her sp. She did well but this program lacks the subtly of La Califfa.
Mirai looks further slimmer than last season, and so her spins look faster. Good job.
I am glad that Na Hyun Kim skated clean here. She has some very nice quality but jumps have been holding her back.
I thought So Youn was in the process of losing all of jumps but not so fast.

ordinary person

On the Ice
" Maybe Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze's beautiful program to the music has been stuck in my brain, but I don't think Wakaba's costume fits well for the music and choreography. The costume distracted me a lot during her performance. I hope her team reconsiders her outfit before her GP debut. "

The only thing that distracts me is all that unnecessary nude colored fabric on her costume, especially her back. :dumb:

I only watched Kanako's program for the so called annoying music. I didn't think it was that annoying, unfortunately i happened to see her costume which looked pretty nice if you don't pay attention to the bottom part. When i saw her turn i was like omg, you have got to be kidding me. It looked like she wasn't sure whether she was in an ice rink or a ballroom. :hslap: :laugh2:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Mirai's new SP. Fell in love with it when she skated it at Skate Detroit. Jeffrey did a great job with the choreography. She seems to like it and feel a connection to it. She looked fit and trim too! Good start - go Mirai!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For a September skate, these programs were awesome for a number of these ladies: Na Hyan Kim and So Youn Park were outstanding.:yahoo:

What I enjoy is seeing the skaters who are getting their new programs into their bones. You can really appreciate their connections to the music and their commitment to the skate itself. The jumps will come.