2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies SP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ow! That looked like a hard fall. Good for her for getting right back into it.

I was really excited about the allowance of lyrics, but i'm fearing the influx of adult easy listening we're experiencing.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A couple of belters being skated to from the first two skaters.

Gerli looked disappointed when she came off the ice. It looked like she was crying on her coach's shoulder.

I thought it was pretty good, but what do I know?!

EDIT: Forgot about the fall. But, the score was a lot lower than what that accounts for. So, I do know nothing!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And I was wrong- her dress is even prettier than Elsa's :luv17:

With all this talk of Elsa, I was preparing myself to hear that awful "Let It Go" song. So, it was a real relief when it did not appear!

Agree with you about it being a really pretty dress! :)

Will it be a really pretty score, though?

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've heard a lot of mellow and melancholic pop songs with lyrics from Lombardia and JGP events in Japan. Classical music pieces seem rarely used by skaters?

Anyone skating to instrumental-only music is automatically getting bonus brownie points from me.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ack! Where is Layback with her summaries and personal commentary? Missing you, Layback!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Awkward moment when looking at the scores and only seeing 3. I was like "Wait, there's only three ladies competing? That's sad."

And then I realized the event was still ongoing. Whoops.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Something about the cut of Wakaba's dress is just 'off' to me. I love the position on her back spiral, though. Gorgeous haircutter to end with.

She looks good to me. Where do we think she's going to end up ranking among the seniors this year?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Maybe Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze's beautiful program to the music has been stuck in my brain, but I don't think Wakaba's costume fits well for the music and choreography. The costume distracted me a lot during her performance. I hope her team reconsiders her outfit before her GP debut.

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked Wakaba's skate very much, and the 3Lz-3T was gorgeous. But I feel the balance in the program is off. It may have been that the music seemed a lot the same in the middle of it; her skating itself was good but lacked some musical drama or swell or something IMO. Then the combo and last jump were a little rushed for my taste.