Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
8 - 11 Sep 2016
Yokohama Japan

Venue
Shin-Yokohama Skate Center

Men's Free Skate
Saturday, September 10, 2016, 18:00 (UTC +9)
Time by time zone
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...p9=166&p10=262

Start Order
StN.NameNationRankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1Michael DURHAM
NZL
2Krishna Sai Rahul ELURI
IND
3Calvin PRATAMA
INA
4Chadwick WANG
SIN
5Mauro CALCAGNO
ARG
Warm-Up Group 2
6Kai Xiang CHEW
MAS
7James MIN
AUS
8Eric LIU
CAN
9Harrison Jon-Yen WONG
HKG
10Sena MIYAKE
JPN
Warm-Up Group 3
11Daniel GRASSL
ITA
12Mark GORODNITSKY
ISR
13Donovan CARRILLO
MEX
14Yuto KISHINA
JPN
15Chih-I TSAO
TPE
16Emmanuel SAVARY
USA
Warm-Up Group 4
17Artem KOVALEV
RUS
18Roman SADOVSKY
CAN
19Kazuki TOMONO
JPN
20Vincent ZHOU
USA
21Alexey EROKHOV
RUS
22Jun Hwan CHA
KOR

No.NameNation
1Mauro CALCAGNO
SP Gopher Mambo, Mambo Caliente by Arturo Sandoval; choreo by Estrella Marinucci
LP All of Me by John Legend, Toby Gad, Closing Ranks by Lior Rosner, Timothy Stitheim; choreo by Estrella Marinucci
ARG
2James MIN
SP Jumpin' Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy; choreo by M. and E. Borounov, R. Laidlaw, J. Min
LP Totem (Cirque du Soleil); choreo by M. and E. Borounov, R. Laidlaw, J. Min
AUS
3Eric LIU
SP In the Hall of the Moutain King (Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg), performed by Anna Katharina; choreo by Lance Vipond
LP Regreso al Amor by Astor Piazzolla, Primavera Portena by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Lance Vipond
CAN
4Roman SADOVSKY
SP Exogenesis Symphony Part 3: Redemption by Muse; choreo by David Wilson, Mark Pillay
LP Romeo and Juliet (Plunket and Maclean soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; choreo by David Wilson, Mark Pillay
CAN
5Chih-I TSAO
SP Feeling Good by Michael Buble; choreo by Scott Brown, Ikaika Young, I. S. Poupee
LP Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Scott Brown, Ikaika Young, I. S. Poupee
TPE
6Harrison Jon-Yen WONG
SP I am Feeling Good by Adam Lambert; choreo by Scott Brown
LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini performed by David Garrett; choreo by Scott Brown
HKG
7Krishna Sai Rahul ELURI
SP Lady Di by Richard Clayderman
LP Morning Sun by Armik
IND
8Calvin PRATAMA
SP Feeling Good by Michael Buble; choreo by M. Nugraha
LP The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson; choreo by B. Nugroho
INA
9Mark GORODNITSKY
SD Puttin' On the Pin-Stripe Remix A by Chris Walden, Mark Kilian; choreo by Andrei Berezintsev
LP Iron Man 3 (soundtrack) by Brian Tyler; choreo by Andrei Berezintsev
ISR
10Daniel GRASSL
SP Art on Ice by Edvin Marton
LP Charlie Chaplin Medley: "Smile" performed by Nat King Cole, "City Lights Overture-Unveiling the Statue" by City Lights Orchestra, and "Limelight" performed by Thomas Beckmann
ITA
11Yuto KISHINA
SP Get a Kick Out of You by Frank Sinatra; choreo by Cathy Reed
LP Violin Concerto by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Cathy Reed
JPN
12Sena MIYAKE
SP Caravan performed by The Ventures; choreo by Misao Sato, Kenji Miyamoto
LP Child of Nazareth by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Misao Sato, Kenji Miyamoto
JPN
13Kazuki TOMONO
SP Symphony No. 5 by Ludwig van Beethoven, The Fifth by David Garrett; choreo by Misao Sato
LP An American in Paris by George Gershwin; choreo by Misao Sato
JPN
14Kai Xiang CHEW
SP Fanatico by Edvin Marton; choreo by Mari Araya
LP Slow Dancing in the Big City by Bill Conti; choreo by Mari Araya
MAS
15Donovan CARRILLO
SP Mambo Mix by Perez Prado; choreo by Gregorio Nunez
LP Hasta Que Te Conoci by Juan Gabriel, performed by Raul di Blasio; choreo by Gregorio Nunez
MEX
16Michael DURHAM
SP This Is a Man's World; choreo by Mathieu Wilson
LP Lord of the Rings Theme performed by The Piano Guys; choreo by Mathieu Wilson
NZL
17Jun Hwan CHA
SP selections from A Chorus Line
LP Mi Mancherai (from Il Postino OST) by Josh Groban
KOR
18Alexey EROKHOV
SP The Thrill Is Gone by B.B. King, Eric Chapman; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz
LP Romeo and Juliette; choreo by Daniil Gleikhengauz
RUS
19Artem KOVALEV
SP Misere by Bruno Pelletier; choreo by Martine Dagenais; choreo by Martine Dagenais
LP House of Flying Daggers (soundtrack) by Shigeru Umebayashi, Samurai Collection by Kiyoshi Yoshida; choreo by Martine Dagenais
RUS
20Chadwick WANG
SP Sleepwalk, Jump Jive and Wail; choreo by Derrick Delmore
LP Cry Me a River by Michael Buble; choreo by Derrick Delmore
SIN
21Emmanuel SAVARY
SP "Viejos Aires" by Ensamble Nuevo Tango; choreo by Evgeny Platov
LP House of Flying Daggers, Fearless and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtracks; choreo by Evgeny Platov
USA
22Vincent ZHOU
SP "Writing's on the Wall" from the Spectre soundtrack by Sam Smith; choreo by Drew Meekins, David Wilson
LP Johnny Staccato soundtrack by Elmer Bernstein; choreo by Drew Meekins, David Wilson
USA

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The last skater I saw yesterday before switching to the Lombardia is the first skater I saw today! :laugh:

Not sure about the jumper. It's like something my Granny would have knitted when I was a youngster. But it contrasts nicely against the ice.

Looking forward to seeing the next guy. Krishna Sai Rahul ELURI is Ananya Murthy THIRUVALLAM's Ice Dance partner.

And you all know how taken I was with her in the Ladies Singles yesterday.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awwww!!!! And they showed Ananya in the audience as he was coming off the ice!!! :love:

Going by his expression after coming off the ice, he is absolutely shattered!

He had a few falls. But there was one point I thought he was going have another, and he managed to save it. Which I was impressed with.

Not quite as happy when he came off the ice as Ananya was with her SP. But he was absolutely delighted when his score came up! I think he was surprised that he scored as high as he did.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can't believe that boy from India passed a junior test. It's making a mockery of the sport - and I believe it's his second JGP. Some kids in USA and Russia would do anything to skate at a JGP and Synchro don't even have a series

Oh, come on, have a heart!

Everybody has to start somewhere. And, yes, the two Indian kids are not up the standard that we are used to seeing at ISU competitions. But I can tell you something - they are both better skaters than me!

Figure skating is a completely unknown sport in India. There aren't many skaters. So, I don't imagine there are any competitions held there.

With there being no Senior B competitions in Asia, this is probably the only opportunity they will get to do a competition.

So we should be happy for them that they are getting the opportunity to take part in an international competition.

They were both delighted with how they performed. And that is what matters.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

lady_bee

Medalist

Everybody has to start somewhere. And, yes, the two Indian kids are not up the standard that we are used to seeing at ISU competitions. But I can tell you something - they are both better skaters than me!

・・・・・・・

CaroLiza_fan

I am with you, Caloliza!
I always love watching skaters from countries in which Figure skating is not popular. Especially I like those Indian skaters, because they are really from India, not someone born or train in US or Russia who happen to have Indian nationality.
I am very grad that ISU giving them the opportunity to perform in International competition. That motivate not only those two skaters but also kids who trains with them in India, which is one of my favorite country for long time.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Kai was running of steam in the later of the program.

Ted's commentary is so sweet and complimentary. I love we have him.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
radiant smile from James Min. :)

Oh oh...off day for him obviously. I like his program though.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Although Eric made a clean performance, he was very slow and tentative especially when jumping. He was once considered a young prodigy by Canadian local media some years ago, but his development rate is slow. However, he was better than the last showing at another JGP event. He has nice upper body movements though.

Last edited:

jlmart

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Ted said he took the last two years off and is just coming back - much taller to boot.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
Miyake reminds me a lot of Yuzuru in skating style, maybe the costume effect :laugh: I like the front, but what the heck with the wings on the back? Anyway good fight, just needs to be more sure in the jumps and good effort with 3A at such a young age! :clap:

nadster

Final Flight
Although Eric made a clean performance, he was very slow and tentative especially when jumping. He was once considered a young prodigy by Canadian local media some years ago, but his development rate is slow. However, he was better than the last showing at another JGP event. He has nice upper body movements though.

Eric did take the 2014-1015 season off. When he returned he switched from Joanne Mcleod to Ravi Walia.

Even before the break , spins were always an issue with him.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Sena's program, the first half was so snooze-fest to watch...he didn't seem to have enough strength to land his jumps. However, the later of the program with a different music changed the mood thankfully.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Figure skating is a completely unknown sport in India. There aren't many skaters. So, I don't imagine there are any competitions held there.

With there being no Senior B competitions in Asia, this is probably the only opportunity they will get to do a competition.

So we should be happy for them that they are getting the opportunity to take part in an international competition.

They were both delighted with how they performed. And that is what matters.

CaroLiza_fan

Agree 100%. Those kids from Russia and the USA (and other developed countries) have many more opportunities to go to competitions, they have far better conditions and access to good coaches. Why would anyone want to make it harder for skaters from smaller countries to ever gain any experience and encourage the popularity of the sport? At the senior level they will still have to meet minimums to participate in the bigger competitions. We are already seeing more new countries produce talented skaters (Philippines, Malaysia, etc) and they all had to start somewhere, usually skating on horrible ice in shopping malls. It takes time to develop a skating program and it can't happen in a total vacuum.