2016 JGP Yokohama Mens FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Mens FS

shmay

On the Ice
I thought Zhou's SP was a step up for him artistically. Looking down at the ice less, emoting more musically, etc.

His free is choreographically empty and a dreadfully unsuitable choice of music. I find it inconceivable that he beat Kovalev in PCS. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

LadyB

Record Breaker
This final group was a real treat. I've seen a lot less exciting performances by well-known seniors. Three cheers for Team Orser!!! Over the moon!:peace:

I'm looking forward to the day when Jun Hwan, Artem, Ilya and Petr battle it out on the big stage! :popcorn:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I thought Zhou's SP was a step up for him artistically. Looking down at the ice less, emoting more musically, etc.

His free is choreographically empty and a dreadfully unsuitable choice of music. I find it inconceivable that he beat Kovalev in PCS. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Agree. That music is terrible, though I like him a lot, especially he has already developed some elegant lines at the age of 15.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Anyone mentioned that Cha has Uno's face and Hanyu's skating style? I haven't been paying attention to Korean guys, but he has a Japanese style.

Despite the music, I am glad to see each time I see Vincent out, he made some improvement. It's impressive considering he was out for a season a year ago, and many people were worrying he could have ended his figure skating career. I love the final part of his program: those steps were quite intricate.

Summary: I prefer Vincent Zhou's more "manly" style than Cha's languid style

Rissa

Record Breaker
Anyone mentioned that Cha has Uno's face and Hanyu's skating style? I haven't been paying attention to Korean guys, but he has a Japanese style.

The similarity to Hanyu's skating has been noticed as soon as Jun Hwan appeared on the radar last year but the Shoma Uno face thing seems new. :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

maybe because he got many programs made by Kenji in the past seasons? when i 1st saw his video 2 years ago he reminded me of Yuzuru but it somehow changed now, i think Yuzuru skates lighter (just my uneducated observation :biggrin:)

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
question: Is the points system JGP similar to Senior? and shouldn't the skater need at least 3 assignment to qualify since they have more event? sorry I am new with the whole thing.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
question: Is the points system JGP similar to Senior? and shouldn't the skater need at least 3 assignment to qualify since they have more event? sorry I am new with the whole thing.

The point system (points awarded by ranking order) is the same for Junior and Senior GPs. Also like Seniors, Junior skaters/couples are allowed to compete in a maximum of two JGP competitons per season. :)

http://static.isu.org/media/342929/jgp2016-17_announcement.pdf

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

The difference is that there are far more juniors who compete on the JGP than on the senior GP.

MeineKatze

On the Ice
Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker