2016 JGP Yokohama Ice Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ice Dance FD

skatemd1

On the Ice
They're more interesting than McNamara/Carpenter this season. And they would beat their score if not this twizzle mistake. I guess they received level 1 for them.

Edit: Rewatched it. I actually thought he touched the ice with his free foot during that second set, but no. Which means the level will be dropped to level 3, not level 1. I'm wondering now why their TES is so low then :scratch2: And protocols still are not uploaded.

Actually, they did beat their score by about a point, even with the mistake (160.42 to 159.30). Love this Free Dance, so well done, and the French and Russian teams were very strong as well. What a great competition this was!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just want to say how much I love the Parsons FD this season. There is a freshness to it and they, as Ted pointed out, makes it look effortless.

On the whole I agree with Snow that they have better programs than their rink mates and would love them to win the US/Jr. World titles.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, the Parsons' dance is awesome. I didn't want it to end and have watched it multiple times this morning. Rachael has really come into her own this year. So happy for them

skatemd1

On the Ice
Wow, the Parsons' dance is awesome. I didn't want it to end and have watched it multiple times this morning. Rachael has really come into her own this year. So happy for them

Couldn't agree more. There is something elegant and moving about this music and choreography that is quite special. They've always had the technique, power and speed, and my gosh the edges, but their performance is at a whole new level this year. I want to watch it again and again. Thought Abachkina/Thauron and Shpilevaya/Smirnov were very strong too, and skated really well this week, but Parsons/Parsons had that extra wow factor.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Couldn't agree more. There is something elegant and moving about this music and choreography that is quite special. They've always had the technique, power and speed, and my gosh the edges, but their performance is at a whole new level this year. I want to watch it again and again. Thought Abachkina/Thauron and Shpilevaya/Smirnov were very strong too, and skated really well this week, but Parsons/Parsons had that extra wow factor.

Yes, all top three teams were very strong. The French were a bit sloppy and it's one of Igor's "by the numbers" routine, but with a little more crispness and control it will be very good, and the Russians are doing a program totally appropriate for their age and where they are as skaters right now, and showing loads of promise.

But the Parsons were on a whole 'nother level.