2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Mens FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay this features Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight," which earned John an Oscar, some 20 years before Sam Smith claimed he was the first gay man to win an Oscar. Couldn't resist throwing more shade, lol.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
13 Max AARON (USA)

Music: The Lion King soundtrack

Brown/white tribal print shirt, black pants

4S - ok, hangs on
2T
3A - hand down
FCCoSp3p
StSq
3Lo
3A+REP - hands down
FSSp
StSq
... choppy stream...

Didn't see the ending, but looked to be a mixed skate

70.60+75.20 = 145.80, 218.73, 3/13

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I sense a great disturbance in the force... as if karne were screaming out in horror and rage... aka the stream is really struggling for poor Max.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
well it may not be a bad thing when the stream freezes during Max's program, i just can't with the music

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm always excited for a Lion King program, but these cuts are awful. Seriously, nothing to do with Max's skating, but this program is really bad. It's kind of a blessing the stream cut out :hopelessness:

And if you're going to wear an illusion shirt painted to look like bodypaint, don't then go and ruin it by wearing stark black pants (even if i appreciate how tight they are)

I think this will be a great vehicle for Max once his team reworks the music and he gets a little more time to get comfortable with the choreo. And new pants.

Anyway, sorry Karne. I know you were looking forward to this :console:

Rissa

Record Breaker
So, before the stream died... I like it. There are places that Max forgot that he's supposed to do something (like when he came out of the first spin) but all in all, a good program. Heh, Lion King, one of the best music scores ever, points for going for it.

ETA: Hmm, I don't mind the cuts. Sounds fine to me, dynamic.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I wanted to see it too! Even if the music cut was a little bizzarre.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Max may have nice abs so doesn't need the faux nude look with faux tassel patterns on his clothing...unless he wants some entertainment effect like Plushenko's Sex Bomb costume.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes, it did seem Max was lost at certain points. I'm sure this program will shine more with some mileage.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
as for Shoma's FS...I'd say that taking on tango, especially including vocals is definitely a step outside of his comfort zone - this kind of program requires a certain 'look' and overall attitude/expression to sell it well. He's not quite there yet, BUT it's first competition in the season, so I have my hopes for him to gel choreo, improve inerpretation and movement and get sureness in jumps.

Overall, choreo, music cuts and general concept are promising I think, however - as soon as vocals kicked in I'd thought 'omg, some of GS posters would not like that, at all...', seems I'm right :D, like I said, argentine tango with vocals requires some kind of unique energy and interpretation skill to pull it off with sureness and convincing manner for me. Good thing is that I see quite a nice balance between two pieces of music used (and a nice transition in his skate) and the general vibe of the program is more on tense/dramatic side than purely seductive/sensual, generally used in tango-themed programs.

I spotted some nice transitions and musical accentuation, especially is step sequences and in-and-out of spins, if jumps will be there along with 'deeper' gelling withing choreo and music I think it has a good potential this FS. I trust his musicality, sensibility over movement and interpretation - it is defiitely a challenge for him, but overall it will pay off for the future.

Last thing - the costume is a NO for me, especially upper part - it looks more like flamenco/spanish male dancer than argentine tango...

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Max may have nice abs so doesn't need the faux nude look with faux tassel patterns on his clothing...unless he wants some entertainment effect like Plushenko's Sex Bomb costume.

Are you saying he should just not wear a shirt at all?

...I'm down with that

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

But the parts we saw - oh, I'm in love! This is such a wonderful program! I can't wait until he gets it all into his legs! It's so gorgeous! He moves so beautifully in it! And I love that shirt! And SO FAR THIS HAS LIVED UP TO MOST OF MY EXPECTATIONS EXCEPT I DON'T FREAKING KNOW HOW IT ENDED

And now the stream is back - in time for the bloody Zamboni. :scowl:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You can click on the title to open it in YouTube and rewind back to the end.

Or not. Ugh, sorry....

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

This might be a case where Rohene's literal costume idea could work better. Rather than draw on the stitches holding the pieces of leather together...use fabric that looks more like leather and actually stitch it together. Show some skin... or don't but I think this costume could have actually gone a little more real and would have worked really well.

Still it looked very nice on Max and I liked seeing him in it. However... I am not sure the UnderArmour Underwear waistband visible works for this costume.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm just for a whole new costume other than that one. :laugh:

Really? It's beautiful! It looks wonderful on him! I was hoping they would go for a longer shirt, more tunic-length, and they did, and it looks fabulous!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
JASON ROTATED THE QUAD! JASON ROTATED THE QUAD! I THOUGHT IT LOOKED GOOD IN REAL TIME!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I knew this day would come!