what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Good Luck to Everyone!!

Men;
1. Andrew TORGASHEV
2. Alexander SAMARIN
3. Petr GUMENNIK
4. Tangxu LI
5. Irakli MAYSURADZE (this is more like a wishful thinking, he has the potential :sad21:)
6. Georgy KUNITSA
7. Matyas BELOHRADSKY (my little pink panther :luv17:)

Ladies;
1. Polina TSURSKAYA
2. Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA
3. Yuna SHIRAIWA
4. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
5. Kokoro IWAMOTO
6. Hanul KIM
7. Brynne MCISAAC

Pairs;
1. Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT
2. Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV
3. Yumeng GAO / Zhong XIE
4. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII
5. Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND
6. Sarah ROSE / Joseph GOODPASTER
7. Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM

Ice Dance;
1. Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD
2. Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
3. Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO
4. Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS
5. Eva KUTS / Dmitrii MIKHAILOV
6. Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV
7. Hanna JAKUCS / Daniel ILLES

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Men
1- Alexander Samarin (RUS)
2- Andrew Torgasjev (USA)
3- Petr Gumennik (RUS)
4- Irakli Maysuradze (GEO)
5- Matyas Belohradsky (CZE)
------------------------------------
6- Si-Hyeong Lee (KOR)
7- Luc Economides (FRA)

Ladies
1- Polina Tsurskaya (RUS)
2- Elizaveta Nugumanova (RUS)
3- Yuna Shiraiwa (JPN)
4- Stanislava Konstantinova (RUS)
5- Brynne Mcisaac (USA)
-----------------------------------------
6- Ha-Nul Kim (KOR)
7- Kokoro Iwamoto (JPN)

Pairs
1- Anastasia Mishina / Vladislav Mirzoev (RUS)
2- Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot (RUS)
3- Yumeng Gao / Zhong Xie (CHN)
4- Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland (CAN)
5- Sarah Rose / Joseph Goodpaster (USA)
--------------------------------------------------------
6- Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii (RUS)
7- Jamie Knoblauch / Cody Wong (CAN)

Ice Dance
1- Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd (RUS)
2- Christina Carreira / Anthony Ponomarenko (USA)
3- Sofia Shevshenko / Igor Eremenko (RUS)
4- Alicia Fabbri / Claudio Pietrantonio (CAN)
5- Salome Abdedou / Dylan Antunes (FRA)
------------------------------------------------------------
6- Eva Kuts / Dmitrii Mikhailov (RUS)
7- Julia Wagret / Mathieu Couyras (FRA)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ladies

1. Polina TSURSKAYA
2. Yuna SHIRAIWA
3. Brynne MCISAAC
4. Hanul KIM
5. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA
--
6. Pauline WANNER
7. Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA

Men

1. Alexander SAMARIN
2. Petr GUMENNIK
3. Andrew TORGASHEV
4. Si Hyeong LEE
5. Georgy KUNITSA
--
6. Matyas BELOHRADSKY
7. Charlton DOHERTY

Pairs

1. Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV
2. Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT
3. Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM
4. Yumeng GAO / Zhong XIE
5. Sarah ROSE / Joseph GOODPASTER Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND
--
6. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII
7. Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND

Dance

1. Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD
2. Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO
3. Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO
4. Olga GIGLAVA / Aleksandr SIROSHTAN
5. Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS
--
6. Eva KUTS / Dmitrii MIKHAILOV
7. Alicia FABBRI / Claudio PIETRANTONIO

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Alexander Samarin
2. Petr Gumennick
3. Andrew Torgashev
4. Georgy Kunitsa
5. Irakli Maysuradze
6. Matyas Belohradsky

Ladies:
1. Polina Tsurskaya
2. Elizaveta Nugumanova
3. Stanislava Konstantinova
4. Yuna Shiraiwa
5. Brynne McIsaac
6. Hanul Kim

Pairs:
1. Anastasia Mishina/Vladislav Mirzoev
2. Ekaternia Borisova/Dmitry Sopot
3. Yumeng Gao/Zhong Xie
4. Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitrii Kozlovskii
5. Lori-Ann Matte/Thierry Ferland
6. Sarah Rose/Joseph Goodpastor

Ice Dance:
1. Alla Loboda/Pavel Drozd
2. Christina Carrerira/Anthony Ponomarenko
3. Sofia Shevchenko/Igor Eremenko
4. Julia Warget/Mathieu Couyras
5. Eva Kuts/Dmitrii Mikhailov
6. Alicia Fabbri/Claudio Pietrantonio

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that the Entries / Results Page came online yesterday afternoon, and can be found at:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgprus2016/

Consequently, I have updated the Original Post to include the link, as well as the SP Start Order tables.

Apologies that I am only doing this now. This week's Entries / Results page went live later in the day than it has for any of the other Junior Grands Prix so far. Because of this, I decided to wait for the Staring Orders to appear before updating the OP (to save having to delete all those flags twice). But, at the time I gave up looking last night, there was still no sign of them. :drama:

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR FOUR AND A HALF HOUR WARNING.

You have just 4 hours 30 minutes left until the deadline to get your predictions in, i.e. until 11:30 MSK (09:30 BST / 08:30 GMT)

PLEASE NOTE: Unlike with the ISU and Nationals Predictions Games I have run in the past, I am going to be strict about deadlines for the Grand Prix Predictions Games. But, that is the way it has always been for the GP Game, so in effect there is no change compared to previous seasons.

Right, off now to re-do my predictions (I accidentally unplugged the computer yesterday when I was nearly finished my Men's predictions, and lost everything I had done until then :drama: )

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Men:
1. Andrew Torgashev
2. Alexander Samarin
3. Petr Gumennick

Ladies:
1. Polina Tsurskaya
2. Stanislava Konstantinova
3. Yuna Shiraiwa
4. Elizaveta Nugumanova
5. Kokoro IWAMOTO
6. Hanul Kim

Pairs:
1. Anastasia Mishina/Vladislav Mirzoev
2. Yumeng Gao/Zhong Xie
3. Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitrii Kozlovskii

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, apologies that this is so late, and that there are no Ladies yet. I had started on my predictions yesterday, but broke away during the Men to help my Mum with some housework. And while at it I thought “You know, since I’ve ended up moving everything else in the room that can be moved, I may as well move the computer table as well”. But, I never thought, and unplugged the computer. And so lost everything. And I was that peeved off that I had been so stupid that I didn’t go back to it until this morning.

When I first came to do the Men, I was shocked to find such a small field. Only 18, which was reduced to 17 after Georgy Kunitsa withdrew.

Ordering the remaining 17 by absolute PB was interesting. I was always expecting Samarin and Torgashev to be the Top 2, but I did not expect them to be miles out in front of anybody else. I was expecting the next two, Gumennik and Maysuradze to be a lot closer.

Gumennik was the only other skater with an absolute PB over 200, but it was barely over it (201.73 from November’s Volvo Open). Maysuradze’s absolute PB was a lot lower than I thought – 180.71 (from the 2015 Russian Crystal Skate). And it was less than a point more than the next guy on the absolute PB list, Celestino.

However, Celestino’s absolute PB (179.92) came from January’s Canadian Nationals, and his Nationals scores for the past 2 years are massively more than anything else he has ever scored (his next best score is 144.44, from last year’s Cup of Austria). So, I decided to keep Maysuradze where he was and push Celestino down.

I was in two minds over where to push him down to. Next on the list was Tangxu Li, who had around 4 points either side of him. Then there was a tight group of 3 skaters (Sjoberg, Bannister and Belohradsky), then a gap of around 3 points to a group of 2 skaters (Lee and Economides), then a massive gap of around 10 points to Maszljanko.

The intention was to put Celestino into the big gap between Economides and Maszljanko. But, this would have put him out of my Top 10, which I thought wasn’t fair. So, instead I put him into the smaller gap between the 2 groups.

I worded it like that because I made changes to the bigger group of 3. I moved Belohradsky to the top, purely because his absolute PB was scored two weeks ago at Czech Skate.

In Pairs, it was only ever going to be Mishina / Mirzoev and Borisova / Sopot at the top. The question was, what order? Mishina / Mirzoev have the highest absolute PB, but it is by less than a point. They were 2nd in Junior Worlds, ahead of Borisova / Sopot in third. BUT, Borisova / Sopot won the JGP Final last year. And they have the higher position in the World Standings and last season’s World Rankings.

Purely because Junior Worlds was more recent, I went for Mishina / Mirzoev.

After this, I can’t say I am familiar with any of the couples. Xie Zhong and the latest addition to his long list of partners, Gao Yu Meng, were next on the absolute PB list. They were 5th in Czech Skate two weeks ago, but I didn’t see it. However, given that I have seen both of them in action before with previous partners (which is more than can be said of the others in the field), I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and keep them there.

I kept the rest of the field as they were. With two exceptions. There were 2 partnerships that I couldn’t find out anything about. Stats On Ice had profiles for 3 of them, but these only had Singles results on them.

One of the couples was Russian, so I went to fskate.ru. But even there I could only find a Singles profile for the girl, Anastasia Boikova. Her absolute PB as a Singles skater was 181.92, from a competition in St Petersburg in 2015.

The other couple were representing Israel. The guy, Artem Tsoglin, had a Singles absolute PB of 158.96 (from when he won the 2014 Tallinn Trophy Junior competition), and finished 11th in last year’s JGP in Colorado Springs. His partner, Hailey Kops, had a much lower absolute PB for Singles, 76.84 from when she finished 9th in the Intermediate competition at the 2015 New England Regionals.

But, I decided to gamble on both couples. I placed the Russian couple as my 6th place alternate, and the Israeli couple in 7th. Although, given that there were only 10 entries to start with, I hope I don’t need to use them!

With Dance, I have to be honest with you, I was shocked with the lack of depth in the field. There are three couples that are out front. But after that, there is a 20 point gap to the 2 French couples, and then smaller but significant gaps between the next 4 or 5 couples, followed by a 12 point gap down to Bozhilova / Georgiev, who are the first of 7 couples whose absolute PB’s are not even in treble figures.

The Chinese couple don’t have an profile on Stats On Ice. But, their ISU Bio said that they were 18th in 2014 Chinese Nationals. So, a quick visit to Wikipedia found their score from it. And using that puts them bottom of the field in Mordovia.

I couldn’t find an absolute PB for the third Russian couple, Kuts / Mikhailov. So, I used the absolute PB for Dmitrii’s partnership with Julia Dolgikh (111.20 at the 2015 Russian Junior Nationals). And I didn’t bother moving them, because this score was already outside my Top 6.

Anyway, getting back to the scoring positions, and whatever way you looked at it, everything said it would be Loboda / Drozd, followed by Carreira / Ponomarenko and then Shevchenko / Eremenko. Although, given that there is less than a point between the Top 2, it could go either way.

But, we’re in Russia, so I’ll stick with the Russians!

Ladies to follow at a later stage.

Caroliza_fan

JGP CUP OF MORDOVIA

Men

1. Alexander SAMARIN, RUS
2. Andrew TORGASHEV, USA
3. Petr GUMENNIK, RUS
4. Irakli MAYSURADZE, GEO
5. Tangxu LI, CHN
6. Matyas BELOHRADSKY, CZE

Just for fun
7. Eric SJOBERG, USA
8. Adrien BANNISTER, ITA
9. Edrian Paul CELESTINO, CAN
10. Si Hyeong LEE, KOR

Pairs

1. Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV, RUS
2. Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT, RUS
3. Yumeng GAO / Zhong XIE, CHN
4. Lori-Ann MATTE / Thierry FERLAND, CAN
5. Sarah ROSE / Joseph GOODPASTER, USA
6. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII, RUS

Just for fun
7. Hailey Esther KOPS / Artem TSOGLIN, ISR
8. Jamie KNOBLAUCH / Cody WONG, CAN
9. Nica DIGERNESS / Danny NEUDECKER, USA
10. Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM, KOR

Ice Dance

1. Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD, RUS
2. Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO, USA
3. Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO, RUS
4. Salome ABDEDOU / Dylan ANTUNES, FRA
5. Julia WAGRET / Mathieu COUYRAS, FRA
6. Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV, EST

Just for fun
7. Eva KUTS / Dmitrii MIKHAILOV, RUS
8. Hanna JAKUCS / Daniel ILLES, HUN
9. Olga GIGLAVA / Aleksandr SIROSHTAN, UKR
10. Yana BOZHILOVA / Kaloyan GEORGIEV, BUL

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am afraid that the deadline for getting your predictions in has now passed.

But, since Ladies doesn't start until tomorrow, you can still post predictions for them in a separate post (that's what I'm going to do)

Now off to sort out my now traditional for JGP posts containing Time Schedule and Streaming links.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Florencito

Medalist
Pairs are up now so I guess I can still post Men's predictions. Or maybe not. Anyway, one can try...

Men

1) Samarin
2) Gumennik
3) Torgasehv
4) Lee
5) Sjoberg
6) Li

Ladies

1) Tsurskaya
2) Nugumanova
3) Shiraiwa
4) Konstantinova
5) Kim
6) Iwamoto

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pairs are up now so I guess I can still post Men's predictions. Or maybe not. Anyway, one can try...

Men hasn't started yet (and won't for a good while yet - why the long gap?!), so you're in. :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, sorry again that this is so late.

I was really torn when doing my Ladies predictions. Because I knew that, when I looked up Stats On Ice, the girl who I want to win would not be at the top of the absolute PB order. She is actually fourth on the list. And although there was a higher score when I looked her up on fskate.ru, it still put her in the same position.

Plus, this is her first Junior GP, and it is in her home country, so there is bound to be a lot of pressure on her.

Ach, sod it. I want Liza to win, so I’ll put her down to win!

Because I am taking a gamble with Nugumanova, I decided not to take a gamble with Konstantinova. I kept her behind Tsurskaya. And I kept Yuna Shiwara next.

Then came the problems. I am very unfamiliar with the next two girls on the list. Kokoro Iwamoto has only competed outside of Japan once, at the Asian Trophy last month. And the only domestic Japanese competitions I have ever seen are Senior Nationals, which she has never competed in.

As for Brynne McIsaac, she competed in the Logroño JGP last year. But I watched the Ondrej Nepela instead that weekend. However, I have a feeling that she was one of the few skaters that I did see from US Nationals, and that I was impressed with her.

The absolute PB’s for both these skaters are extremely similar. Less than 1 point of difference. And there is a big gap in front of them to Nugumanova’s absolute PB, and a big gap behind them to Kim Ha Nul’s absolute PB. So, despite being so unfamiliar with them, I kept them in position.

I also kept the rest of the Top 10 in absolute PB position. Annika Hoche had biggish gaps either side of her in 8th position. Wanner, Calderone and Kallela were covered by just 4 points, so there is not much to separate them by. But, I kept them in that order for 2 reasons:

1. Wanner is a lot younger than the other two, so she deserves the recognition
  2. I have never seen Kallela, so I don’t know whether she is capable of beating Wanner and Calderone.

After that, there was a big gap to the absolute PB’s of the rest of the field.

Of the rest of the field, there are actually only 2 skaters that I am familiar with. Polina Ustinova (16th on absolute PB list) representing Cyprus, and Hana Cvijanović (21st on absolute PB list) representing Croatia.

So, may I take this opportunity to wish them all the best.

Caroliza_fan

JGP CUP OF MORDOVIA

Ladies

1. Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA, RUS
2. Polina TSURSKAYA, RUS
3. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA, RUS
4. Yuna SHIRAIWA, JPN
5. Kokoro IWAMOTO, JPN
6. Brynne MCISAAC, USA

Just for fun
7. Hanul KIM, KOR
8. Annika HOCKE, GER
9. Pauline WANNER, FRA
10. Chiara CALDERONE, ITA

rosacotton

Final Flight
Men Results

GOLD: CaroLiza_fan with 65 points
SILVER: invisiblespiral and Nathan13 with 55 points
BRONZE: Crossover, Lyssa, matmuh, stryke, and The Finn with 50 points

Congrats to all! :hap10:

If there are any mistakes, feel free to let me know.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Men Results

GOLD: CaroLiza_fan with 65 points
SILVER: invisiblespiral and Nathan13 with 55 points
BRONZE: Crossover, Lyssa, matmuh, stryke, and The Finn with 50 points

Congrats to all! :hap10:

If there are any mistakes, feel free to let me know.

I WON???!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

This must be the first time I ever won a Gold medal on my own.

Thank you so much!!! :thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Don't want to spoil the mood, but there is probably some mistake in sheets. 15 points for Samarin +15 for Torgashev + 10 for Gumennik + 5 for Irakli + 15 for Li and 0 points for Matyas = 60 points for CL_fan. That's still a win of course :) But maybe there are other mistakes in sheet. ( I just checked and CL_fan would get 65 points for order of FREE Program. So, mistake with coping results maybe?)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't want to spoil the mood, but there is probably some mistake in sheets. 15 points for Samarin +15 for Torgashev + 10 for Gumennik + 5 for Irakli + 15 for Li and 0 points for Matyas = 60 points for CL_fan. That's still a win of course :) But maybe there are other mistakes in sheet. ( I just checked and CL_fan would get 65 points for order of FREE Program. So, mistake with coping results maybe?)

You can go off some people, you know! :mad: :laugh:

Seriously, though, thank you for checking. Because I never bother checking my own scores. I just take what the scorers say as being correct.

I did my own check there now (with the algorithm), and also got 60 as my score.

Oh well!

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sorry :p I was curious if you put Matyas near the podium since you had such high score and then find out there something wrong. I suspect it's just wrong results, so it should be easy to fix. When I was exercing on Yokohama scores, firstly I copied results form SP without realising it, but since I watched FP and knew what overall results should be I spotted mistake quickly.