2016 US Intl FS Classic Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Pairs SP

MasterB

Final Flight
Why can't they have better streaming? I have been a member the last 6 years and it wasn't until last season that I began to experience poor streaming. I think this is it for me, I will not renew my subscription next year. I will just have to wait for it to be put up on youtube.

AND THANK YOU MEAGAN FOR SUPPORTING US!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Sumire and Francis started out so startlingly good! My first few thoughts were, "wow these guys are great, too bad he'll never get Japanese citizenship so this partnership is doomed". Followed by "these guys are too good for this competition".

Then, the massive, MASSIVE mistakes.

New thought: "these guys are not too good for this competition".

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The beginning of the Japanese team's routine was good and thought good for them and then they missed the throw and the lift came down and it was oops, sorry I jinxed you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sumire and Francis started out so startlingly good! My first few thoughts were, "wow these guys are great, too bad he'll never get Japanese citizenship so this partnership is doomed". Followed by "these guys are too good for this competition".

Then, the massive, MASSIVE mistakes.

New thought: "these guys are not too good for this competition".

Wow, are you reading my mind?

samson

Medalist
welp two US pairs teams are skating to The Prayer this year. I have to say the music choices from these five pairs seemed absurdly out of touch and low in taste

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Early season pairs events at altitude scare me...they are all out of breath and it was only the short!!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is USFSA's contract with IN? Is there anyway they would ever go with another company?

This is awful. The programs are completely incomprehensible.

Even Meagan Duhamel is pissed

I have no idea but I really, really wish they would. Is there anyone truly happy with it? If the stream worked even reasonably well, I think it's a killer deal, but with it totally unreliable... I mean, if the JGP can do it for free 10 times better, we need IN because... why?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
welp two US pairs teams are skating to The Prayer this year. I have to say the music choices from these five pairs seemed absurdly out of touch and low in taste

Yeah, I was complaining about the adult ez listening at Lombardia, but I see now the plague has spread

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I have no idea but I really, really wish they would. Is there anyone truly happy with it? If the stream worked even reasonably well, I think it's a killer deal, but with it totally unreliable... I mean, if the JGP can do it for free 10 times better, we need IN because... why?

100% agree... there is no need for the way it is set up.

If they are going to charge, they need to step up their game a lot. They need to offer something more than what youtube can offer.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

I know. I have no problem with the USFSA trying to make a little money- lord knows they're not exactly rolling in the dough. But YouTube even has a pay per view service now that I'm sure is MUUUUUCH more reliable than IN, AND they wouldn't have to pay for their own website/servers/ect.

charmblade

Final Flight
I pay for IN because it's what's available and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it. But the quality is really not acceptable for the price. The video player they use is out of date and difficult to use, and the actual streaming is often unwatchable. I usually don't get to watch competitions live, so I mostly use the on demand video, which tends to work much better than the live streaming, but whenever I'm able to watch events live (like tonight), I'm appalled at the quality of the stream.

I'm glad that my renewal somehow was half price this year because I'm really tempted to not renew, especially if I have to pay full price. Videos are always available on YouTube. I usually prefer to watch the competitions as a whole, without spoilers, which is harder to do on YouTube, but IN isn't giving me a lot of reasons to keep buying their product.

oleada

Record Breaker
I know. I have no problem with the USFSA trying to make a little money- lord knows they're not exactly rolling in the dough. But YouTube even has a pay per view service now that I'm sure is MUUUUUCH more reliable than IN, AND they wouldn't have to pay for their own website/servers/ect.

Exactly. This is why I don't even know why the USFS bothers with its own thing. It's got to be much more expensive. (Also - I hate their scoring pages. They're clunky, don't refresh right and don't list PCS/TES. Wish they'd use the normal ones like the rest of the world. Why reinvent the wheel?)

I really don't mind paying for a streaming service if it works but IN has been absolutely awful for the past two seasons, so I'm wondering if I'll even bother next year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If the stream worked, how'd Paris and Matthew go?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
And just when you think the stream miiiiiiiight be fixed in time for the men.....

n....n

no....

itisnt