2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies SP

Tallorder

On the Ice
Interesting how much of an impact such a little thing - like wearing her hair down - can have on Satoko. Always neat and precise as a pin, it definitely creates another dimension to watching her, frames her lovely face, etc. Lovely.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Satoko: Am I the only one who thought this SP was just so-so? She looks beautiful but the program itself is very one note and doesn't hold my attention. She's consistent as always but it pales in comparison to her Firedance last year, which I loved.

Mariah: Love that she's finally having fun and showing a flirty side; this program is perfect for her. I just wish she would bend her knees more and get into the ice! Her edges seem shallow and she doesn't have the greatest flow on the ice.. also when did she go to Rafael?!?

Karen: Love the music and program, agree that the costume is a little too overdone.. something simpler with a little less detail/sparkle in the beading would be perfect. She looks taller, hope she gets the jumps in order soon.

Elizabet: Also glad that she kept this program, and love the new dress. She looks a bit taller as well and she really doesn't have the greatest flip/lutz technique, so it's hard to say whether those jumps will hold up as she grows...

ioanna

Record Breaker

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko: Am I the only one who thought this SP was just so-so? She looks beautiful but the program itself is very one note and doesn't hold my attention. She's consistent as always but it pales in comparison to her Firedance last year, which I loved.

No. Every season she has a great program and a so-so program. The great program is always choreographed by Tom Dickson while the so-so program is choreographed by Lori Nichol. Last season her SP was choreographed by Tom Dickson; this season by Lori Nichol.

LeCygne

Final Flight
No. Every season she has a great program and a so-so program. The great program is always choreographed by Tom Dickson while the so-so program is choreographed by Lori Nichol. Last season her SP was choreographed by Tom Dickson; this season by Lori Nichol.

Thanks for pointing that out. Tom Dickson is great. If we get Gracie Gold away from Lori and over to Tom, will she finally have a great program? :slink:

ordinary person

On the Ice
I'd like to put a ban on sparkles, sequins and crystals for a season just to see what skaters can come up with!

It would be so much better to put a ban on nude fabric on costumes, and with that i mean the whole costume like the top and bottom part. Now that would make me feel excited just to see what they would come up with other than the countless tan legs, chests or backs.

Last edited: