Marin Honda will win this competition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda will win this competition

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, if you really like that, it says something about your fashion sense. (Or lack of it...)
I suppose, one could always cut off the fur and stick it on anything else. The result can't be worse than it is on that coat.

Thats what Im talking about. :) I mean, I never saw her coat lower of fur. So I dont care about it. Only girls can view all details etc :taunt:

bosskil

Match Penalty
These are the favorties for the event

Marin HONDA
Rika KIHIRA
Alina ZAGITOVA

One of the three skaters can win this event, but I hope either Marin wins with clean performances or Rika wins with 3A-3T so that not only they can make it to JGP, but also viewers will have a great experience watching a fierce and high quality event after the underwhelming Russian JGP. Zagitova won an event previously, it is hard to imagine the JGP without her.
I would really love to see the judges, facing clean world champion Marin, clean backloaded Alina and clean Rika with 3A!
Tough job! :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I would really love to see the judges, facing clean world champion Marin, clean backloaded Alina and clean Rika with 3A!
Tough job! :laugh:

Yes, I'm greedy enough to want a ladies' event as fierce as the men's event at Yokohama. :)

stryke

On the Ice
Honda will crumble under the immense power level of Zagitova! Few can stand in her presence.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker

hanca

Record Breaker
I always noticed the fur but not the denim. I had the impression it was a brown suede coat with fur not denim. ;)

But Eteri is not just good looking; It looks she is pretty tall and slim too, hence gorgeous figure. She looks taller than Polina.
I am not disputing that she is quite a pretty woman, but the coat is just awful! The only reason she may be wearing it is because it contains hidden power that fuels and recharges her skaters. It is the winning coat. ;)

stryke

On the Ice
If Eteri shows up to this in her denim coat it's all over for Honda. It is infused with Georgian magic that applies a buff to the base SS and Jumps technique of all skaters within a 10m radius, by 10%, for a duration of 5 minutes.

andyjo24

Medalist
I would love, love, love to see Eun Soo Lim to shock everyone and podium here because she really has the goods to do so. Her jumps and SS are top-notch, and she does have star quality.

It would also be good for a change from the Japanese/Russian podium streak up to this point.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Shock everyone can only Rika Kihira with her 3A or 3A+3T. :) What about skating skills the place already taken by Anastasia Gubanova. :love: She is the best in the juniors and much better many seniors with this component. She is the angel on the ice :love::love::love:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I had high hopes for Eun Soo Lim but based on her outing at Asian Trophy, I think she, and Korean junior ladies in general, need more time to build a high pcs, unless she is completely clean.
She does have star power and great jumps. She jumps like Polina T and Yuna Kim, but she is not stable enough yet. It looks like she is in the middle of her growth spurt (in height). In the long run, she has more potential than other Korean juniors.

I would love, love, love to see Eun Soo Lim to shock everyone and podium here because she really has the goods to do so. Her jumps and SS are top-notch, and she does have star quality.

It would also be good for a change from the Japanese/Russian podium streak up to this point.

nikros

Rinkside
I would prefer:
1 place: Marin
2 place: Rika
3 place: Alina.
So Marin and Alina are definitely in final, and Rika still has a chance with 2 second places.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

Eun Soo Lim? Top notch?

Looking at her skating at Asian Open, I'd say she's not especially fast; edges not particularly deep; does a lot of two-footed skating; acceleration not really "effortless"; her performance is rather two-dimensional (not enough vertical movement or upper body movement), spins not particularly fast or stable, jumps are good but not really huge or stable, transitions nothing special, doesn't project out to the audience much (too much time looking down at the ice)... etc etc.

And those are all things I've heard Yukiko Okabe and others comment on, when critiquing skaters' performances on Japanese TV and explaining what things they need to work on. (Okabe is an ISU judge, technical controller and referee).

Eun Soo Lim definitely has big potential, but in my view she's got a long way to go yet. She may have charm or even "star quality"... but it will not surprise me, if she doesn't score highly in PCS at this stage...

Last edited: