2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Mordovia Ladies FS

MasterB

Final Flight
What a difference a week makes! You had a heavy weight fight last week in Yokohama and I was really excited about figure skating, but this week not so much! Polina looked like Ali the other day, she skated lights out but couldnt come close to repeating her same performance. I'm in Salt Lake watching the Senior ladies earlier today and the JGP via live feed and I cant help but feeling let down all around. The sloppiness and inconsistency is alarming from one side of the world to the other.

Yes, I was particularly annoyed by the lack of a clean short from the AMerican girls. Thankfully Chen and Bell skated better FS.

kalee

On the Ice
little OT: I think Samodurova was wrongly assessed by RusFed (and thereby announced to Japan, where she lost her chances for the final). Now is obvious that she is better than: Lozko, Nugumanova and Konstantinova, but in effect she got less points than these ones...

Kaori's improvement was a bit of a surprise -- most likely the Fed would have pegged Sofia to be able to beat Kaori & Mako for a podium at the time that she was assigned. Alisa F. was also probably estimated to be competitive with Marin.

If 2nd JGP spots were to be assigned by score only, the skater Sofia would displace is Lozko. But Lozko is age eligible to turn senior next year whereas Sofia is not, so that may also be a factor.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
good thing I decided to skip it live

the feed seems to be even worse :laugh:

but what good result for Liza!:yahoo::yahoo: not THAT great as it can be as I put her 2nd in my predictions

Interesting Idea by some ppl above to offer her ice dance but I dont know if she will be willing
On topic of her ability or inability to work o URs I dont know Im a bit pessimistic in that regard but it would be a shame if such a great skater will not get any medals in seniors :sad21:

& Polina has a much better FS than SP for me
They dont have her imitating Med!
Stasya disappointed me but I didnt expect her to do well based on the SPb cup but the final placement isnt too shabby

I was a bit disappointed with her short, skated brilliantly but the costume nor choreo really captured GOT for me.
sadly (for me) the programm shouldnt be about GoT as she herself said in the interview

Last edited: