2016 US Intl FS Classic Mens FP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Mens FP

Nathan13

Medalist
We need to uniformly decide what our definition of "lands" is... are we hoping for any full rotation that keeps his engine off the ice... or are we saying it has to have positive GOE to be truly "landed"

On some thread earlier today (his Fan Fest maybe?) someone posted a video of him landing it flawlessly in practice. I want to see that.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
On some thread earlier today (his Fan Fest maybe?) someone posted a video of him landing it flawlessly in practice. I want to see that.

I do to... id be happy with a step out, but when he does it like that clip, that is when i will truly celebrate and say he "has it"

Sadly, my prediction is that he will get a fully credited one here, but the feed will die for it, we will have not footage, and fan wars will ensure for ages over what actually happened - and thus the legend of Jason's quad will begin.

Nathan13

Medalist
Sadly, my prediction is that he will get a fully credited one here, but the feed will die for it, we will have not footage, and fan wars will ensure for ages over what actually happened - and thus the legend of Jason's quad will begin.

:laugh2: Yes the power will go out in the arena and it will not even be captured on film. It's like seeing bigfoot.

charmblade

Final Flight
Well, my stream basically showed me a highlights reel of Jordan. You know, if you consider the highlights to be everything except the elements.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Thank you Nathan. Any reports would be very much appreciated. :thank:

That might be difficult- my stream is alternating between 'slideshow' and 'undercranked silent movie' :scowl:

Bela had a rough, rough skate and Dodd's looked okay?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I do to... id be happy with a step out, but when he does it like that clip, that is when i will truly celebrate and say he "has it"

I'm afraid I'm a pessimist - I think same as last night. I will be so thrilled if I'm wrong!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
My IN stream has been flawless for 10 minutes now. I'm expecting it to get choppy again right around Ross Miner.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I'm afraid I'm a pessimist - I think same as last night. I will be so thrilled if I'm wrong!

He got a downgrade at his first SP of the year and a UR here. At his first Free of the year he got full rotation but fell... he tends to keep making progress, so I would not be surprised at all if he improves on his free from last week.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Andrew Dodd's is in a burgundy poet shirt with gold lapels and cumberband. Nails first jump, shaky on second, falls on third. Nice choreo and expression. Aaaaaaaannnnddd the stream goes stupid, that's all I got Mr. Rice.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
He got a downgrade at his first SP of the year and a UR here. At his first Free of the year he got full rotation but fell... he tends to keep making progress, so I would not be surprised at all if he improves on his free from last week.

Well I hope you're right and I'm wrong!

Nathan13

Medalist
Poor Andrew Dodds... he had a few really nice landings but some of these falls look like they're really knocking the wind out of him...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Andrew Dodd's is in a burgundy poet shirt with gold lapels and cumberband. Nails first jump, shaky on second, falls on third. Nice choreo and expression. Aaaaaaaannnnddd the stream goes stupid, that's all I got Mr. Rice.

Some step-outs, a fall on the axel... it's over now.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just tuned in. Man, the stuttering on this stream is truly world-class.

(At least it let me see the last twenty seconds of Andrew's program uninterrupted...but it kept stuttering and coming back in on a fall. Looked like a rough skate.)

charmblade

Final Flight
Andrew had I think 3 falls, but the stuff between the jumps was nice. He's a very pleasant skater.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Just tuned in. Man, the stuttering on this stream is truly world-class.

(At least it let me see the last twenty seconds of Andrew's program uninterrupted...but it kept stuttering and coming back in on a fall. Looked like a rough skate.)

My Men's FS stream has been perfect all night so far! I guess IN must spread the love around, like a rolling brownout.

mrrice

Record Breaker

:laugh2: Well, at least you're trying which is more than I can say for the network.

Layback11

Record Breaker
It's not just the video stuttering anymore...audio is spazzing and occasionally repeats itself. Fun! :p

It must be able to read my mind, because it's cooperating. For now...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Poor Andrew Dodds... he had a few really nice landings but some of these falls look like they're really knocking the wind out of him...

He was very ill earlier this year.

charmblade

Final Flight
Keiji has a really fun program and did a good job of selling it. Had some sloppiness at the start but really finished strong.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Keiji Tanaka: green pinstriped office shirt with random white panel on the side and red breast pocket. La Strada? I think I saw a fall? But Keiji has nice expression