Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

Rosallie

On the Ice
Hey guys,
do you think they are just really good friends or they are maybeee something more...? :scratch2:;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Hey guys,
do you think they are just really good friends or they are maybeee something more...? :scratch2:;)
from what I gathered they seem like brother & sister:biggrin: he seems very protective of her

the SP is beautiful!!! so is Sasha's dress!:drama:

Pics

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
from what I gathered they seem like brother & sister:biggrin: he seems very protective of her

Seconded, 'ideal older brother & younger sister relationship' is the vibe I get. As someone who actually has an older brother (aka the blood-related stranger) I often go 'aww' when I see them :laugh:

Artemisa

Final Flight
First thank you gordana for the links

I think both programs are looking good ... but to be honest I think I would prefer the ex. for a real program ... and maybe "my way" for exhibition

Maybe FS can be a ballet:pray:... Dimitri and Boikova were born to dance ballet on ice

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
must admit I would have loved a ballet programm more:slink:
but anyway who knows, it may turn out great
it says they'd use more classic themes so I expect 'From Russia with love' :biggrin:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Interresting, did Moskvina's skaters ever used anything else than classical music?

Kavaguti - Smirnov "I finally found someone" :biggrin:

But why that choice of music? Why there is a need in the russian skaters to try to skate more american music ( p. ex.: Tarasova&Morozov)... They were perfect for the classics....
Just to try something else other than ballet, to push boundaries. And if not now, when the guys have enough time in hand before the olympics, then when?
As far as American music is concerned, it is to please the audience. When Kavaguti - Smirnov took "February" by Leonid Levashkevich, Moskvina said that the foreign audience didn't welcome the program because they didn't know the music.

Artemisa

Final Flight
[\QUOTE] Just to try something else other than ballet, to push boundaries. And if not now, when the guys have enough time in hand before the olympics, then when?
As far as American music is concerned, it is to please the audience. When Kavaguti - Smirnov took "February" by Leonid Levashkevich, Moskvina said that the foreign audience didn't welcome the program because they didn't know the music.[/QUOTE]

When they are a solid number 1 or 2 .... it's a lot of competition ...and only 3 spots for euros ou words ... i think is better try something new in the ex. program and them pass it to de SP or FP ... this year they will have 2 very "east" programs ... and I prefer the ex. to the SP
Well ... "February" by Leonid Levashkevich ... it's a beautifull piece of music ... you don't need to know a music to like a program ... every year i discovery knew music through the programs

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Millions of likes to Artemisa. Lots of great music from local composers & we're still stuck with millions of programms to Feeling Good & POTO :bang: cause obv audience knows it :rolleye: It feels like a person watching Hollywood movies all his life without ineterst in any other ...

If coaches care that much the situation will continue that way & we'll keep getting very limited pool of music choices in FS. I applaud everyone who dares to skate to something different & especially from domestic music market:clap: (too bad this year my favs didnt please me that much with music choices:()

Artemisa

Final Flight
Millions of likes to Artemisa. Lots of great music from local composers & we're still stuck with millions of programms to Feeling Good & POTO :bang: cause obv audience knows it :rolleye: It feels like a person watching Hollywood movies all his life without ineterst in any other ...

If coaches care that much the situation will continue that way & we'll keep getting very limited pool of music choices in FS. I applaud everyone who dares to skate to something different & especially from domestic music market:clap: (too bad this year my favs didnt please me that much with music choices:()

Thank you Sugarpova.
I think the problem is that it's sold if you want to be good you have to be a little bit american ( because in some minds the rest of the countries aren't good enough) ... In my country when I'm seeing figure skating ... the commentator says things like that: " this skater is very russian" or classic or something like that not in a good way .... but I never heard anyone saying this skater is too american or this music is too pop ... it's like you have to be a shame of skating to another type of song or something related to your country ...