2016 US International Classic FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 US International Classic FD

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I just tried opening the stream in Firefox because Jackie Wong said that was working for him and not only did I not get a working stream, I got a 15 second commercial before they started! ***?!?! :dev2:

I get a 15 or 20 second commercial nearly every time, sometimes just when I refresh. I'm getting angry enough to write a letter. :ddevil:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I get a 15 or 20 second commercial nearly every time, sometimes just when I refresh. I'm getting angry enough to write a letter. :ddevil:

This is a paid service. We shouldn't be getting commercials at all. I have ad block in chrome which apparently has been saving me.

And I wouldn't bother with the letter, from personal experience, their customer service is non existent. We need to start a thread in the main forum and start organizing

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Even their archived footage isn't that great in quality. But their commercials that run before every video are perfect in sound and clarity. IN doesn't care, how about a petition or letter writing campaign to USFS complaining about poor product and customer service of IN?

tinlizzie

Final Flight
This is a paid service. We shouldn't be getting commercials at all. I have ad block in chrome which apparently has been saving me.

And I wouldn't bother with the letter, from personal experience, their customer service is non existent. We need to start a thread in the main forum and start organizing

If you start the thread I'm sure many will join in!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Exactly! I'm going to look into the chrome ad block, thanks. The trouble is, it's a monopoly and you're right about the letter. I'm just letting off steam here with sympathetic souls. The truth is, I like the full programs after the fact when I can't watch in real time, and I'm fortunate to be able to afford the service, so I will continue.

I do recall that last year, by skate America and Canada, everything worked so much better.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't recognize the music but it was traditional. Kinda sleepy.

From what I've seen and heard ... Danielle and Daniel on, or at least the unfrozen parts ... most of the music was sleepy. Makes me wonder if the influence of P/C is the cause. Danielle/Daniel's was a little peppier. And then Karina/Joe's. That's one reason I was enjoying it.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
After 8:
1. 141.20 Paul/Islam FD 87.26
2. 137.76 Manta/Johnson FD 84.16
3. 131.76 Agafonova/Uca FD 79.68
4. 128.64 Thomas/Eaton FD 79.72
5. 127.38 Garabedian/Prolulx-Senecal FD 76.0
6. 120.20 Monsour/Ceska FD 74.50
7. 112.10 Bent/Razgulajevs FD 65.88
8. 109.84 Mueller/Dieck FD 69.26

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
As a rule, the events that IN is directly responsible for streaming like this event can be of poor quality. Events that they use the streaming services of other countries or broadcasters seem to be better. But still majorly annoying.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Why such a low score for Paul and Islam? Were they off the ice for a long time this summer or do they usually start off this slow? Min and Gamelin look poised to beat them, not that I don't like this team but I thought Alex and Mitch would have been a cut above by now.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I bet that's why I'm not getting any commercials anymore--I finally installed an ad block...

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just saw Yura/Alexander's program in full! No glitches, no freezes! :hap10:

And it was a gorgeous program, too. The music started out smooth, but the lyrics added crescendoes and variety. Yura is so expressive throughout!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think, but I'm not sure .... that I've seen three of the girls "sit" on their partner's shoulder for a few seconds. Maybe it was a screen freeze, but I don't think so. I heard Meryl Davis say on skate radio a year or so ago that that's not allowed in ice dance.

Rule change? Did anyone else see it?