2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies FP

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Who is skating to Evita? Remember some of us can't see anything :(

Paige Rydberg USA. Wearing a standard Brad Griffes dress in burgundy with silver embellishments and a low spanish bun. She looked very powerful, but made some jumping mistakes

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I have two blog posts to write after this is done. HALP MEH :slink:

(Please comment suggestions for things I should include in a Top 10 Highs/Lows post for this event! Already in: Aimee Buchanan and Karen Chen for highs, Elizabet Tursynbaeva for lows.)

I predict that one way or another Mariah Bell will end up on that list... be it high or low.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

(Please comment suggestions for things I should include in a Top 10 Highs/Lows post for this event! Already in: Aimee Buchanan and Karen Chen for highs, Elizabet Tursynbaeva for lows.)

#1 low- IceNetwork

Others might include the Australian pair team that had, like, five falls.
Chris and Kana were a highlight of both dance programs. Zack and Maddie's hip hop short dance deserves mention, as does Adam's club anthem short.

Mura did so well that people were pissed he didn't win (even though I understand after seeing the protocols...kinda)

Something's gotta be said about Seo Young's outfits.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Dimitra Korri of Greece for D'Artagnan. That is one of the high points of the night for me.

Layback11

Record Breaker
#1 low- IceNetwork

Others might include the Australian pair team that had, like, five falls.
Chris and Kana were a highlight of both dance programs. Zack and Maddie's hip hop short dance deserves mention, as does Adam's club anthem short.

Mura did so well that people were pissed he didn't win (even though I understand after seeing the protocols...kinda)

Something's gotta be said about Seo Young's outfits.

Thanks! I'll have to watch them.
(I hate it when things are at watchable times and I'm too busy to watch them :cry:)

Layback11

Record Breaker
This stream was flawless from Elizabet Tursynbaeva onwards, and NOW it decides not to wok? Ergh.

I like Satoko's "Greek statue" dress. :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Oh, wow, Satoko looks lovely SHE'S SKATING TO VENUS!!!! I can't believe this. This was one of my mom's favorite symphonies and I've been listening to Venus especially over and over lately because, I don't know, I've just really been missing her for some reason lately. I had no idea Satoko was skating to it.

I'm kinda crying

Layback11

Record Breaker
Jupiter from The Planets! :dance3: the Sibelius station on Pandora has been spamming me with that piece. But it's mah jaaaam :dance:

stryke

On the Ice
What's with the streams?! First the jgp now this?

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed Satoko.

Nathan13

Medalist
Okay I usually am not a fan of Satoko but this was exquisite. It's the most expressive I have ever seen her skate. :shocked:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love, love:love: love Satoko's dress and hair.

The skating looked impeccable when the screen wasn't freezing. I liked parts of the program better than others. Leia's Theme, gorgeous. When the music was big in the middle and at the end, it didn't seem like her skating was big enough for it. But I'll have to see it when I see ALL of it.

I am tired of all her 2Axel-3Toe combinations, sorry.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Lovely 3Lz-3T! Unfortunately, my stream decided to kill about 80% of the rest of the stuff she's done so far. :mad:

bramweld

Record Breaker

When I watch Kana, I just cannot help thinking what would Marina do with Lena Ilinykh? It becomes clearer to me that on some level Marina is not a magician, she packages her skaters exceedingly well but a lot of what we see is dictated by the talent or lack thereof of the skater. Forgive me, I digress :)