2016 Nebelhorn Livestream Info | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Livestream Info

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am watching youtube streaming, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFZptXMVxU
But right now it's men's training, but they show a couch....not the skating rink

The YouTube video is an OLD video from yesterday.

It is not/not/not live streaming.

I will add my plea for people not to expect "live" scoring on the results page.

The Challenger comps do not bill their results page as having live scoring.

Although isuresults.com has live scoring, the Challenger comps obviously use a less advanced version of the software.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I will add my plea for people not to expect "live" scoring on the results page.

The Challenger comps do not bill their results page as having live scoring.

Although isuresults.com has live scoring, the Challenger comps obviously use a less advanced version of the software.

Personally, the lack of live scoring doesn't bother me for an event like the Nebelhorn where so much effort has been put into the livestream. Like, we have commentators AND we have graphics telling us:

1. the start orders
  2. the scores as the skaters get them
  3. the standings at the end of each group

It is competitions that don't have such good presentation where we really need the livescoring. And where it is really missed if it is not available.

Your explanation is obviously correct about there being different versions of the software being in use at different competitions. But, what puzzles me is why is this not standardised?

It seems that it is up to the individual Federations to sort out the scoring software used in their competitions themselves. Consequently, some have upgraded to newer versions of the software, while others have not.

Surely it would be better if, rather than the Federations having to sort the software themselves, the software company did a deal with the ISU, who would then make access to the latest software available to all the Federations. It would make all parties involved look more professional.

The lack of standardisation is what makes the Challenger Series meaningless to me. It is not a proper series like the Junior Grand Prix Series or the Senior Grand Prix Series where everything is done the same and run by the same people (the ISU). It is just a collection of Senior B's which the ISU have chosen to put their name to, but which they don't actually run. They are run by the local Federations, just like the other Senior B's. The only thing that makes them different is the fancy title.

If the ISU is putting their name to these competitions, they should at least provide the organising Federations with help to make them all look professional.

One way would be to provide access to the software that enables livescoring.

But, for me, the best move would be to sort out the livestreaming coverage so that it is more like what we have for the Junior GP Series.

The organisers of the Nebelhorn have shown that it is possible to successfully replicate the sort of coverage that is produced for the Junior GP Series, albeit on Daily Motion rather than YouTube. This is the sort of coverage that should be provided at all Challenger events.

The problem is that not all the Federations that host Challenger events are as well off as the DEU. They can't all afford to produce something like this. So, I would like to see the ISU hand over the production of the Challenger livestreams to the same people that do the Junior GP livestreams.

That one move would make the world of difference to how people view the Challenger Series. People would take it more seriously if it looked like a proper series, even if it wasn't.

Sorry for taking the topic off on a tangent. I just thought that Golden's comment provided a good opportunity to share my thoughts.

CaroLiza_fan