2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Mens FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Mens FS

gmyers

Record Breaker
I agree and I'm glad he has a video to remember his reaction as he gets older. Should he win the JGPF, his career will change very quickly. I remember watching Ricki win the JGPF with his "Inspector Gadget" LP. He then went on to win silver at Nationals and skated very well at Worlds. All in the same year, 2011.

It was Sherlock Holmes. Someone should do Inslector Gadget though! Lol.

Plisskin

Medalist
OT but does anyone know why Alexei switched to skate for the U.S? I thought maybe he was Russian born but grew up in the U.S. like the gymnast Nastia Liukin, but I read his bio and he's only been in the States for 3 years.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OT but does anyone know why Alexei switched to skate for the U.S? I thought maybe he was Russian born but grew up in the U.S. like the gymnast Nastia Liukin, but I read his bio and he's only been in the States for 3 years.

It sounds like wasn't ranking high enough in juniors and it sounds like being in the US afforded him training opportunities he couldn't get over there.

And given his results this season, it was probably a good choice.

mrrice

Record Breaker

I know it was Sherlock Holms but my friend called him Inspector Gadget him Inspector Gadget and still does to this day. If he see's Ricky on TV he say's, Is That Inspector Gadget? :disapp: He loves Ricky.........:cheer2:

mrrice

Record Breaker

I know, and that's what makes it so funny. My friend called him inspector gadget and still does to this day. If I mention skating he always asks about Ricki. I think he had a little crush. ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
He needs major psychological help. Or maybe it's to early to start sending him to the sports psychologists.
not just sport psychologist but Pogorilaya's one