2016 Nebelhorn Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Free Dance

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
All of Anna and Luca's costumes are starting to look the same...

I'm disappointed..The FD costume is almost the same as the SD's.
Anna wore the same skirt in the SD, just with an underskirt. And it is the same skirt and blouse she wore for the 2013/2014 season SD. Luca definitely wore the same suit as in the SD with only some slight changes. I don't remember, but it's very likely also the same suit he wore for the 2013/2014 season SD. So those costumes are only placeholders for the real costumes that are obviously not ready yet.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I liked the smoothness of Anna and Luka. Their program is charming. I liked the lifts from Madison and Evan, didn't get to see it from the beginning. But I also really loved P2. So for me a great competition!!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Four nice programs! I really enjoyed this last group.
My favourites were definitely Gilles/Poirier: even if it lacked a bit of fire here and there, this was really a Tango as it should be done, full of steps and of nice touches! :agree:
Chock/Bates were nice at the beginning and at the end, I have mixed feelings about the middle part, it seems as if the program goes off the track a bit, and that last diagonal StSq could be improved a loooot (it's clearly extremely difficult, given the crescendo of the music)
Anna and Luca were fine but not that interesting to me, they keep doing the same type of programs and at this point it almost looks as if they were performing the same thing again and again to different musical backgrounds :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Happy for Ana and Luca and for the Canadians! I loved both programs. The tango is exquisite and Charlie Chaplin must be delicious. My stream froze during their dance.
The stream froze when C/B got the scores. The final results showed G/P in second after C/L...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
From all the dances of second group I liked Gilles/Poirier FD the most. Very strong dance, not standart composition of elements, they're one of few teams who execute Diagonal Step Sequnece of Style A instead of style B and start with spin.

bramweld

Record Breaker
From all the dances of second group I liked Gilles/Poirier FD the most. Very strong dance, not standart composition of elements, they're one of few teams who execute Diagonal Step Sequnece of Style A instead of style B and start with spin.

P2 were just exquisite for me too :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Also, I really liked that ISU added second required choreographic element to FD (again), adds a lot to the programs if you ask me.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I just watched Chock/Bates' "Under Pressure" FD on YT. The thing I love most about the song is that it's a slow build and it just explodes in the end and then calms back down. I feel like the way the song was edited for this FD took a lot of the power away from the song. I also think there's a weird disconnect with the music and choreography. The moves are difficult and like all C/B, they make you see the difficulty and how much they're doing, but I just didn't feel anything. They'll probably work throughout the season to perfect the tone and by the latter half of the season, they may finally get it right, much like how people were coming around to their Rach FD by 4CC and Worlds. They have some work to do to clean up a lot of the moves they were doing as a lot of it was obviously done with a lot of effort. Also, for Chris Dean choreography, it seems very similar to Igor's choreography. In the pre-COP days, Chris Dean's vision and concepts were usually at the forefront, but with this dance, I'm not sure what the concept or theme is other than Madison smiling and having her mouth wide open during the high points of the music.

As of right now, I prefer their SD.

icedance

On the Ice
It's too early to talk about Anna and Luca's costumes... I'm sure they'll change before Skate Canada. It wasn't ready yet.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's too early to talk about Anna and Luca's costumes... I'm sure they'll changed before Skate Canada. It wasn't ready yet.

I hope so. Really, really do. It was way to smiliar to SD costumes. They need to change either of them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also, I really liked that ISU added second required choreographic element to FD (again), adds a lot to the programs if you ask me.

Also that would boost the scores a bit no? Probably at least 2-3 points, right? So that might be something to keep in mind when seen such high scores at this point of the season.

I only watched Chock and Bates' FD in full. I agree the lifts are pretty awesome, as usual, but I didn't get a whole lot else. Namely, I'm waiting to see what sort of feel they want to give for the program. I expected something more avant garde but the acapella music cuts seem to indicate something haunting. The ghosts of Bowie and Mercury -- as someone called the music cuts -- would be sort of a cool concept, actually. Anyway, I'm sure it will improve over the season.

I watched part of Anna and Luca's FD and the sameness of past programs in the first minute made me stop watching. Someone mentioned here that they always start with twizzles and now I notice it, lol.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Also that would boost the scores a bit no? Probably at least 2-3 points, right? So that might be something to keep in mind when seen such high scores at this point of the season.

I only watched Chock and Bates' FD in full. I agree the lifts are pretty awesome, as usual, but I didn't get a whole lot else. Namely, I'm waiting to see what sort of feel they want to give for the program. I expected something more avant garde but the acapella music cuts seem to indicate something haunting. The ghosts of Bowie and Mercury -- as someone called the music cuts -- would be sort of a cool concept, actually. Anyway, I'm sure it will improve over the season.

I watched part of Anna and Luca's FD and the sameness of past programs in the first minute made me stop watching. Someone mentioned here that they always start with twizzles and now I notice it, lol.

Yes, that's why scores seem unnaturaly high. Same thing as SD. I excpect many new WRs this season: in SD, in FD and overall.

And I agree with you on every point here. :)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder is C/B being US number 2 cost them the title here. I can't see the Shibs if they skate cleanly and with passion like last season losing to C/L.