2016 Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Pairs FS

lavoix

Match Penalty
Savchenko/Massot really need to be careful of those throw 3A, they look somewhat dangerous...

QuadThrow

Medalist
watched the top two teams only....

some remarks : I don't understand why S/M are doing the th3s in the LP.... when they have a th3F which is worth 1 point more... if you compare now to D/R who are also using the th3A and most likely keeping their th4S ... each point would count for them?

I find Bruno very attractive (i like bigger boys ;) ) but.. I just couldn't get into his performance. It's like if he weren't even there. I understand that A has such star power but still... he looked better than last year but still so clumsy. So, to me, the PCS were given to A, not to S/M :) so I thought the judges were quite generous.... Loved the costumes btw..

I/M : sure... too bad for the jumps...we know it's an issue but somehow, when I look at her, I know she has them... what's wrong? I have no clue... still, the quality of their elements was there, pretty close to S/M.... they got dinged on PCS : well..... i have to say that this LP doesn't have the same magic last year's LP had... I hope it improves a lot in time for GP. I love seeing them skate together, there's something I cannot explain that just prevents me from tuning out when they are on the ice.

I didn't watch the rest ;)

I think S/M go for the 3STh because they want to have the possiblity of adding another quad (4STh) next year maybe. And the 3FTh has not been very consistent. I don´t know why the Flip with robin was sensational and with bruno it seems to be quite difficult.

S/M will perform the quadtwist at the grand prix. And this will defintly be a monster of 11-12 points. This closes the gap to D/R. I think D/R are going a high risk with the 3ATh.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
makes sense about quad throw S, however it's tricky to add a new throw right for the olympics... we will see how that goes. d/r have a the throw 3lz if they feel the axel isn't safe. The main issue for them is that when they were working on the quad lutz throw it messed up their timing for the triple... so that's why they picked up the triple axel throw... who knows if they will only use the triple axel throw in the SP, and then go for either triple or quad lutz in the LP with the quad salchow? I think that since they cannot do a quad throw in the SP, it makes sense to risk doing the axel there, even if they lose a couple points on it, they will be rewarded enough compared to lower value triples.... but could be more careful in the LP because they already have a quad??? who knows... we will find out in a couple weeks.

they indeed need the quad twist because their jumping passes were dismal here... wow... honestly, the tes low score reflected their issues on almost every single element. It's early in the season, i think they will keep improving and will be on the podium.
I think S/M go for the 3STh because they want to have the possiblity of adding another quad (4STh) next year maybe. And the 3FTh has not been very consistent. I don´t know why the Flip with robin was sensational and with bruno it seems to be quite difficult.

S/M will perform the quadtwist at the grand prix. And this will defintly be a monster of 11-12 points. This closes the gap to D/R. I think D/R are going a high risk with the 3ATh.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
UPDATE :

D/R just performed in Georges Ethier

They did do the 3ATh in the short.... nice jump but she was too low to land it and fell

In the LP : she landed the 4STh and they went for the 3LzTh. I think that's the strategy they have right now and it suits them well.

They were clean in the LP.... and had a huge (yes, it's local but I doubt it would be very different anywhere else with that skate) score