2016 Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Pairs FS

Sackie

Medalist
So agree - there were mistakes but they keep improving each time out. Once they get things together they will have a great program. Same thing happened last year - they struggled early on but by the time they got to worlds they were so much better! Let's hope the same thing happens this year.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Aliona and Bruno! :love:

Do they want to be artists on the ice? I love the lyrical and nuanced program. The FS's mood differs a lot from the fun and charming SP.

The commentators of the event said that the pairs competition is the highlight of the event, so I totally agree with that.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My picture kept rolling over and dying throughout. :ddevil: Well, I hope I'll be able to see videos of all or most.

TGee

Record Breaker
Lubov always looks much happier than Dylan with their scores...

My recollection is that he learned to be cautious when with Kirsten MT...twice at nationals they broke the Cdn record and were immediately superseded by Dumahel/Radford.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG that one lift :jaw: :love:

I honestly think these two are this years world champions. Last year I wasn't sold on them but they have REALLY solidified into something very special.

Yeah, I agree. I almost added on my post about Aliona and Bruno .... watch out, Meagan and Eric.

TGee

Record Breaker
My picture kept rolling over and dying throughout. :ddevil: Well, I hope I'll be able to see videos of all or most.
Kept having to reload the main competition page and lost a few seconds every time...

Agree with comments yesterday along the lines that ISU network stream for the Challeger series would be great. But I remember when most of what is now the GP had no coverage....so glad to have any coverage.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Judges scores are up.

http://www.deu-event.de/results/Nebelhorn_2016/CSGER2016_Pairs_FS_Scores.pdf

Note Luba/Dylan did a throw 3lz. In the summer, they did a good attempt at a throw 4lz in competition -- got the rotation but landing downgraded . So may be something to look forward too.

They tried it also once last year in competition but I think she fell? A lot of people (me included) didn't even realize it was a quad at first viewing since it looked really effortless going up and in rotation, just with a botched landing.

It would be cool if they could land it, and make them a lot more competitive... with her SBS jumps being as they are, they really need extra tech points somewhere if they want to get closer to the top.

TGee

Record Breaker
They tried it also once last year in competition but I think she fell? A lot of people (me included) didn't even realize it was a quad at first viewing since it looked really effortless going up and in rotation, just with a botched landing.

It would be cool if they could land it, and make them a lot more competitive... with her SBS jumps being as they are, they really need extra tech points somewhere if they want to get closer to the top.

Agreed. Have been hoping the sbs jumps would settle down in competition. Toronto Cricket is such a strong site for jump training. Clearly, she has IMO generally fast rotations and good landings in throw jumps. Wondering if the sbs timing of the takeoff is the issue. She may be needing go tooearly or late for them to match. Look likes she might be holding back to long and then losing her window....

wanted to to add the Central Ontario summer skate video link, but it's become blocked since I last took a look.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgcYBd9AAE8

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Beautiful program form S/M! Can't wait to see them polished in GP series :hap85: I'm not fond of I/M music choice, but their last lift was :love:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Judges scores are up.

http://www.deu-event.de/results/Nebelhorn_2016/CSGER2016_Pairs_FS_Scores.pdf

Note Luba/Dylan did a throw 3lz. In the summer, they did a good attempt at a throw 4lz in competition -- got the rotation but landing downgraded . So may be something to look forward too.

Yes, Liubov has been a bit ill, so they felt it was better to not risk it and give her some rest. That being said, they had a good week of practice they said and Skate Canada might be an event, where it could happen if all goes well.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I saw the protocols and I raised my eyebrow at the gap between TES and PCS for Savchenko/Massot. But then I saw the program and I'm more than okay with it! That program had so much difficulty and intricacy I can see why it's a bit rough, but the performance was still there. This is going to be amazing with mileage!

I have to give props to Bruno for all his improvements, he really look like he was holding his own and not just being Alionia's partner.

By the way, who choreographed this program? They deserve major props.

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
So I saw the protocols and I raised my eyebrow at the gap between TES and PCS for Savchenko/Massot. But then I saw the program and I'm more than okay with it! That program had so much difficulty and intricacy I can see why it's a bit rough, but the performance was still there. This is going to be amazing with mileage!

I have to give props to Bruno for all his improvements, he really look like he was holding his own and not just being Alionia's partner.

The main choreographer was John Kerr assisted by Silvia Fontana and John Zimmermann. What a great combo!

IMO the SP is even better. But the FP will develop.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The main choreographer was John Kerr assisted by Silvia Fontana and John Zimmermann. What a great combo!

IMO the SP is even better. But the FP will develop.

That is awesome. It has a ice dancer quality to it, as does the SD. And no disrespect to Julie Marcotte, but it's nice to see pairs have a different choreographer in the mix. It felt like all the top pairs had similar choreo.

LRK

Record Breaker

I pretty much forgot about all the mistakes they made... When I saw a recap of their elements and their mistakes I was like "I didn't even remember that..." :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
watched the top two teams only....

some remarks : I don't understand why S/M are doing the th3s in the LP.... when they have a th3F which is worth 1 point more... if you compare now to D/R who are also using the th3A and most likely keeping their th4S ... each point would count for them?

I find Bruno very attractive (i like bigger boys ;) ) but.. I just couldn't get into his performance. It's like if he weren't even there. I understand that A has such star power but still... he looked better than last year but still so clumsy. So, to me, the PCS were given to A, not to S/M :) so I thought the judges were quite generous.... Loved the costumes btw..

I/M : sure... too bad for the jumps...we know it's an issue but somehow, when I look at her, I know she has them... what's wrong? I have no clue... still, the quality of their elements was there, pretty close to S/M.... they got dinged on PCS : well..... i have to say that this LP doesn't have the same magic last year's LP had... I hope it improves a lot in time for GP. I love seeing them skate together, there's something I cannot explain that just prevents me from tuning out when they are on the ice.

I didn't watch the rest ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I thought I would see I/M's Limbo Death Spiral in the LP but no. It should be their trade marked element. So cool. A video on their fan thread shows her sliding across the rink under all the low tapes. With such sustained Cantilever, their unique entry into a Death Spiral can be executed reliably and consistently. They have creative lifts but the Limbo Spiral is spectacular and awesome and I hope to see it again.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
saving it for olympic season :)
I thought I would see I/M's Limbo Death Spiral in the LP but no. It should be their trade marked element. So cool. A video on their fan thread shows her sliding across the rink under all the low tapes. With such sustained Cantilever, their unique entry into a Death Spiral can be executed reliably and consistently. They have creative lifts but the Limbo Spiral is spectacular and awesome and I hope to see it again.