2016 Nebelhorn Mens FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Mens FS

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Grant for his podium placement. Loved his FS... well done! With Timothy a fairly close fourth ..... :clap: I always enjoy his performances with his crisp delivery, attention to detail and great music choices. Also... kudos to Julien for pushing the boundaries. Both skates from him were so much fun.. love love love his music choices!! :yes2:

desertskates

Medalist
Finally just getting a chance to catch up on the men's freeskates. And I've got to say this---Julian Yee!!! Omg, what a competition for him! There were a few bobbles and wonky spins for sure, but that guy is one to watch in the future. The personality on the ice is something that can't be taught, and he has it. The little wonky bits can be fixed. On a personal note, my better half has spent a crap ton of time on and off in Malaysia for work over the years, and I've had the pleasure of a few visits myself. It's wonderful to see this young guy putting a country I love on the map of the sport that I love :)

Sunny Little

On the Ice
So proud of Julian. Figure skating is not a very popular sport in our country but my friends, who don't watch the sport at all, definitely cared when he made it to the world championships. Hope to see him improve even more and generate more interest in figure skating here! Then people will invest in building more ice rinks. I remember passing by the skating rink at our local mall and saw one of our JGP representatives (can't remember his name rn) practising his elements in a crowd of recreational skaters. That's just not a proper training environment. He kept getting blocked while setting up for jumps.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So proud of Julian. Figure skating is not a very popular sport in our country but my friends, who don't watch the sport at all, definitely cared when he made it to the world championships. Hope to see him improve even more and generate more interest in figure skating here! Then people will invest in building more ice rinks. I remember passing by the skating rink at our local mall and saw one of our JGP representatives (can't remember his name rn) practising his elements in a crowd of recreational skaters. That's just not a proper training environment. He kept getting blocked while setting up for jumps.

The greatest spinners are born out of this kind of situation, Swiss skaters, e.g.

Kaetlyn Osmond trains in a mall and develops her performance swank.

But yes, it's hard to train in an overcrowded rink.

Sunny Little

On the Ice
The greatest spinners are born out of this kind of situation, Swiss skaters, e.g.

Kaetlyn Osmond trains in a mall and develops her performance swank.

But yes, it's hard to train in an overcrowded rink.

Haha, you're right. There's some truth to that. :agree: He kept practising his sit spins when he couldn't practice the jumps.

Does Kaetlyn Osmond still train at the mall? :eek: Girl can sell anything. Canadian sponsors at least should give her all the contracts.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Finally just getting a chance to catch up on the men's freeskates. And I've got to say this---Julian Yee!!! Omg, what a competition for him! There were a few bobbles and wonky spins for sure, but that guy is one to watch in the future. The personality on the ice is something that can't be taught, and he has it. The little wonky bits can be fixed. On a personal note, my better half has spent a crap ton of time on and off in Malaysia for work over the years, and I've had the pleasure of a few visits myself. It's wonderful to see this young guy putting a country I love on the map of the sport that I love :)

I agree wholeheartedly! I hadn't watched him before, but he really grabbed my attention here, and obviously the judges' too, given his fourth place finish. If he keeps developing his technical skills, he should be right up there with the best in the world.