Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Very impressive for such a new partnership!! I like them already more than both their previous partnerships.
    Who choreographed their programs?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoiseblue View Post
    Video of Sara and Kirill's FD:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRY259QH46c
    Oh my, I am in love with this FD

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Oh my, I am in love with this FD
    Me,too.They are way better than i have expected. Also that lift in 2.18 is great.I have never seen a lift like that before.WOW.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahar View Post
    Me,too.They are way better than i have expected. Also that lift in 2.18 is great.I have never seen a lift like that before.WOW.
    Definitely WOW. I hope they will be in top10 at Euros, with score like that, should be very doable. This year there is no British team, new partnership of Lukas Csolley being not that succesfull, there is place for them I'm not suprised they happen to be better than Smart/Diaz, but I'd like for both teams to have a chance to compete next season in ISU championships .

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations with winning Nationals! It really means a lot! Bravo! They have two beautiful dances! Can't wait to see them at Europeans! Good luck Sara and Kirill!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    they were great!!! congratulations Sara and Kirill

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations!

Aren't they training in Moscow under Zhulin? The FD choreography is a bit similar to Papadakis/Cizeron's FD (no Zhulin's usual flavor) but that program can be said in a current trend. Last season I started liking Kiril's lyrical and soft skating, but was disappointed in the split with Monko, but ta-da! The new teams look so good together with each other.
    Last edited by Crossover; 12-18-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    My only complain are the costumes (the print really), I hope they can get more sponsors for better costumes.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    My only complain are the costumes (the print really), I hope they can get more sponsors for better costumes.
    Oh, I love their FD costumes!

#EmpressAirlines #antiMed Sugarpova's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    wow Congrats Sara & Kirill!
    actually for some reason I thought the rivalry of them vs Olivia & Adria will be more difficult but super happy that they clearly #1!

& btw for that person in the ID thread who keeps suggesting all teams should go to NA to be better dancers here's the Zhulin team beating MOntreal one a little pleasant bonus for me (not that I have abything bad to say about O & A!)

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats!!!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpova View Post
    actually for some reason I thought the rivalry of them vs Olivia & Adria will be more difficult but super happy that they clearly #1!

& btw for that person in the ID thread who keeps suggesting all teams should go to NA to be better dancers here's the Zhulin team beating MOntreal one a little pleasant bonus for me (not that I have abything bad to say about O & A!)
    Yeah, but Sara & Adria were actually training in Montreal before it was cool, unlike some other teams, who moved there on a wave of popularity. So Adria just stayed there, can't blame him. And Montreal came up with their Picasso FD in Olympic season, which was amazing, so I guess it's a flood of skaters that killed the team creavity. I also thought it would be difficult to beat Olivia & Adria, but they made mistakes. But since I like both teams, I just keep my fingers crossed for Sara & Kiril to deliver at Europeans and getting two spots! (But I'm also happy Sara chose different direction than Adria, I was worried she could be a number 6 or 7 team in Montreal...)

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    A little belated, but here's the Absolute Skating interview with Sara by Reut Golinsky - http://absoluteskating.com/index.php...016sarahurtado.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-19-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Tripping on the Podium turquoiseblue's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Vote for Sara!
    http://www.laliga4sports.es/noticias...-fin-de-semana

Google translate
    Who was the best of the weekend? Vote in our survey and choose the most outstanding performance in our sport this weekend.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    A little belated, but here's the Absolute Skating interview with Sara by Reut Golinsky - http://absoluteskating.com/index.php...016sarahurtado.
    Wonderful interview, thank you, all the important points revised, I wish all the interviews in figure skating would be like that. And Sara seem so honest, sensible and focused.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpova View Post

The scores would have been much closer had Olivia and Adria not skated such a poor SD. But to my eye, Sara and Kirill have better skating skills and greater freedom of movement.

The funny thing about H/K with Zhulin is that last season, Sara was saying in interviews that any potential new partner had to be willing to train in Montreal. Guess she changed her mind about that.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I love both the refinement and ease of movement that they have. And they've only just begun. Very glad to see her back on the ice

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    That was a really nice skate from H/K to take the Spanish title. I thought S/B would have the edge this season having being formed earlier but it was a clear victory, they won both portions of the event. Their lifts were very impressive. I think they should be capable of making Top 10 at Europeans.

It was nice to see Adria and Sara embrace after their skate. I assumed it had been a difficult split as I remember seeing them argue after a competition but they all seemed quite friendly and supportive, so maybe not.

I really liked her interview, she came across very well.
    Last edited by 3T3T; 12-19-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    Wonderful interview, thank you, all the important points revised, I wish all the interviews in figure skating would be like that. And Sara seem so honest, sensible and focused.
    Yes, Reut Golinsky is a very good interviewer. Not a professional journalist (she is actually a programmer), but a true fan of figure skating.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 12-20-2016 at 04:18 PM.

#EmpressAirlines #antiMed Sugarpova's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by legjumper View Post
    The scores would have been much closer had Olivia and Adria not skated such a poor SD. But to my eye, Sara and Kirill have better skating skills and greater freedom of movement.

The funny thing about H/K with Zhulin is that last season, Sara was saying in interviews that any potential new partner had to be willing to train in Montreal. Guess she changed her mind about that.
    yeah time changes minds. its reallty great to witness the beginning of such a fitting partbnership happen btw!

Quote Originally Posted by cathlen View Post
    Yeah, but Sara & Adria were actually training in Montreal before it was cool, unlike some other teams, who moved there on a wave of popularity. So Adria just stayed there, can't blame him. And Montreal came up with their Picasso FD in Olympic season, which was amazing, so I guess it's a flood of skaters that killed the team creavity. I also thought it would be difficult to beat Olivia & Adria, but they made mistakes. But since I like both teams, I just keep my fingers crossed for Sara & Kiril to deliver at Europeans and getting two spots! (But I'm also happy Sara chose different direction than Adria, I was worried she could be a number 6 or 7 team in Montreal...)
    nah dont get me wrong Im far from bashimg Montreal, just the sameness & basically human nature of sheep mentality. Some teams may suit certain style & be exquisite but seeing 99% of dance with sleep inducing music is
    & I do like PC but it dosnt mean everyone should imitate it.
    Especially if you can be more versatile like VM for example! Offtop I know but I do hope they will go in another direction next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yes, Reut Golinsky is very good interviewer. Not a professional journalist (she is actually a programmer), but a true fan of figure skating.
    zomg all this time I thought this person was male for some reason
    btw it was great to see how warm both teams were at the award ceremony!!!
    Last edited by Sugarpova; 12-20-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast