Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

legjumper

Rinkside
That was a really nice skate from H/K to take the Spanish title. I thought S/B would have the edge this season having being formed earlier but it was a clear victory, they won both portions of the event. Their lifts were very impressive. I think they should be capable of making Top 10 at Europeans.

I think it is possible, but it will definitely be a challenge. The top 6 spots are likely going to be sewn up by Papadakis/Cizeron, Cappellini/Lanotte, Bobrova/Soloviev, Stepanova/Bukin, TBD 3rd Russian team (most likely either Ilinykh/Zhiganshin or Sinitsina/Katsalapov), and Guignard/Fabbri. Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen and Tobias/Tkachenko finished in the Top 10 last season and most likely will again. So that leaves two spots open in the Top 10 to be fought over by Kaliszek/Spodyriev (11th last year), Agafonova/Ucar (12th last year), Mansour/Ceska (13th last year), Lorenz/Polizoakis (14th last year), and Hurtado/Khaliavin. Sara and Kirill will compete against the Poles at Torun Cup in January - if their scores are close, they'll have a good chance of making it. We probably should also not count out Lauriault/Le Gac, who are in their first season as seniors and competed twice on the GP, either.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think it is possible, but it will definitely be a challenge. The top 6 spots are likely going to be sewn up by Papadakis/Cizeron, Cappellini/Lanotte, Bobrova/Soloviev, Stepanova/Bukin, TBD 3rd Russian team (most likely either Ilinykh/Zhiganshin or Sinitsina/Katsalapov), and Guignard/Fabbri. Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen and Tobias/Tkachenko finished in the Top 10 last season and most likely will again. So that leaves two spots open in the Top 10 to be fought over by Kaliszek/Spodyriev (11th last year), Agafonova/Ucar (12th last year), Mansour/Ceska (13th last year), Lorenz/Polizoakis (14th last year), and Hurtado/Khaliavin. Sara and Kirill will compete against the Poles at Torun Cup in January - if their scores are close, they'll have a good chance of making it. We probably should also not count out Lauriault/Le Gac, who are in their first season as seniors and competed twice on the GP, either.
Lauriault/Le Gac are definitely capable of top10 if clean. They have some solid results this season. And I want to add, that Penny Coomes & Nick Buckland are named for European team by British Fed. Whether they will actually skate or not is mystery, but it seems there is possibility, so even harder to get to top10...

kptnciam

Rinkside
I'm a fan of both H/K and S/D, and I'm so happy that H/K are going to Euros, but I just wanted to "touch base" and say that I don't think that difference in points is real, and I think the battle for worlds will be really tight. S/D had a lot of errors both in the national's SD & the FD, and on the other side, H/K were almost perfect, so I don't think the difference is that huge. I'm not an expert on ice dance but I was in Vielha and both couples have a really good level, having in mind that they're new. So we'll see !!! Spanish ice dance is on fire right now !!! :yahoo:

Also, the hug between Sara & Adrià at the end was so emotional !!! Everyone had doubts regarding their relationship, because we didn't know how it was at the moment, so that hug released all fears and it was just an explosion of happiness. We don't have a lot of skaters in Spain, so we don't need them angry at each other xD

Personally, though, I think I like H/K better :scratch2:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I'm a fan of both H/K and S/D, and I'm so happy that H/K are going to Euros, but I just wanted to "touch base" and say that I don't think that difference in points is real, and I think the battle for worlds will be really tight. S/D had a lot of errors both in the national's SD & the FD, and on the other side, H/K were almost perfect, so I don't think the difference is that huge. I'm not an expert on ice dance but I was in Vielha and both couples have a really good level, having in mind that they're new. So we'll see !!! Spanish ice dance is on fire right now !!! :yahoo:

Also, the hug between Sara & Adrià at the end was so emotional !!! Everyone had doubts regarding their relationship, because we didn't know how it was at the moment, so that hug released all fears and it was just an explosion of happiness. We don't have a lot of skaters in Spain, so we don't need them angry at each other xD

Personally, though, I think I like H/K better :scratch2:
good rivalry is always great for the development of the discipline!
Im very happy for Spanish fans. Now they'll have to cheer for not only Javi but 2 dance teams as well!:hap10:

kptnciam

Rinkside
we always cheer for all of them !!! even if they don't make it to euros/worlds' finals ! no "favourites" among the spanish team !!! (well, of course there are, but you know what I mean ^^)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reut

Rinkside
zomg all this time I thought this person was male for some reason:slink::hopelessness:
btw it was great to see how warm both teams were at the award ceremony!!!

That's OK. I keep getting "Dear Mr. Reut Golinsky" mails all the time. :agree: :laugh: It's specifics of my name, it ends with consonant in English which leads to perception that it's a male name. In Hebrew, where this name is coming from, it ends with letter "tav" which is one of the options how feminine gender words can end.

Thanks for bringing my interview here, lauravvv. It was actually already posted here earlier. But it's good that you mentioned it again, it brought more interest to it. It was a very long talk, required a lot of work, I'm glad people read it.

And, back to the main topic, I'm really happy about results of Spanish Nationals. :)

Last edited:

gabriele

On the Ice
Both them and S/D weren't in the nationals' gala, but seem to be skating in a (Christmas?) gala today. Does anyone know when/how that will be broadcast/streamed? Thanks.

legjumper

Rinkside
H/K's Torun SD: https://youtu.be/W-nOYItBxCg

Sara and Kirill are in 2nd place after the SD with 65.76 points! Their TES of 35.70 now makes them the Spanish team with the season's highest international SD TES, which means that unless another team can score higher, H/K will go to Worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other competition remaining before Worlds where Smart/Diaz (or Robledo/Fenero) could pass that is the Bavarian Open next month. It will be interesting to see which (if any) Spanish teams show up there.

gabriele

On the Ice
H/K's Torun SD: https://youtu.be/W-nOYItBxCg

Sara and Kirill are in 2nd place after the SD with 65.76 points! Their TES of 35.70 now makes them the Spanish team with the season's highest international SD TES, which means that unless another team can score higher, H/K will go to Worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other competition remaining before Worlds where Smart/Diaz (or Robledo/Fenero) could pass that is the Bavarian Open next month. It will be interesting to see which (if any) Spanish teams show up there.

Sara announced on social media that they will be going to worlds. So, perhaps we won't see Spanish dance teams at the Bavarian Open.

blancanieves

On the Ice
Sara announced on social media that they will be going to worlds. So, perhaps we won't see Spanish dance teams at the Bavarian Open.

It would make sense if that's the case. The Spanish Federation sent S/D to LPI, U.S. Classic, Finlandia and Andorra. H/K couldn't compete sooner, but managed to establish their scores with two competitions, Santa Claus and Torun.

legjumper

Rinkside
Well, since Sara announced that they are going to Worlds, I guess that settles all questions! Sara and Kirill have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. I hope this gives them even more confidence going into Euros - their basic skating and overall presence seem stronger each time out.

H/K's Torun FD: https://youtu.be/2hRymJYS0fk (The stream had problems so there are a couple of glitches in the recording, but overall watchable) They finished 3rd in the FD but managed to hang on to 2nd overall. Yay silver!

tzazu

Medalist
That was a really nice skate from H/K to take the Spanish title. I thought S/B would have the edge this season having being formed earlier but it was a clear victory, they won both portions of the event. Their lifts were very impressive. I think they should be capable of making Top 10 at Europeans.

15 points difference with Kaliszek/Spodyriev looks too much for the top ten in Europeans :think: :(

Marta25

Medalist
15 points difference with Kaliszek/Spodyriev looks too much for the top ten in Europeans :think: :(

8,5 points came from the base value alone and Sara had a mistake on her twizzles. They definitely need to improve their levels if they hope to make the top 10.

legjumper

Rinkside

8,5 points came from the base value alone and Sara had a mistake on her twizzles. They definitely need to improve their levels if they hope to make the top 10.

Additionally, Kaliszek/Spodyriev were skating in front of a home crowd, which always helps. They won't have that advantage in Ostrava. Even so, Sara and Kirill will have to skate their best in both programs for any chance of placing in the Top 10. The competition for those spots is fierce.

gabriele

On the Ice
According to Hielo Español Smart/Díaz and Robledo/Fenero will participate in the Bavarian Open.

hieloespanol

Google-translated:-
'The Spanish dance plaza for the pre-Olympic world is still not decided. As you know, the pair will be awarded the highest technical score in the short dance in an international competition played within the period to accredit brands for the Helsinki World Championship.
At the moment, the ranking is led by Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khalyavin (35.70) ahead of Olivia Smart & Adriá Diaz (34.13) and Celia Robledo & Luis Fenero (28.70), but there are still some quotes that could Alter that order. Sara and Kirill will compete in the European Championship (January 24-28 in Ostrava), while Olivia and Adriá - Celia and Luis will meet at the Bavarian Open (February 14-19 in Oberstdorf). Emotion to the end'

kptnciam

Rinkside
Yeah, I think it didn't make sense that S/D and R/F did not compete in Bavarian Open, that would have meant to miss and "waste" a huge opportunity in their careers. Moreover, it was not confirmed by the federation or anyone official, so I assumed it wasn't over yet. We'll see how it goes :D