2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Pairs SP

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Another very entertaining and enjoyable Pairs short programme.

A very impressive skate from A/S giving them a clear and deserved lead. They skate with real power and speed also the choreography is a bit different and really helps them stand out from the rest of the field. I really enjoyed U/V skating last year, they are a couple with real potential, even if he is a little on the short side (or maybe she is tall). I didn't like this short on the first few viewings but today it really worked for me.

I was blown away by the Aussies, I liked them after their first JGP but today was a whole other level. This is a very competitive international score. They skated with such confidence and belief, they have real potential. They were rightly very happy with their performance. I think the lingering effects of B/S is still a bit evident but I still think this was an improved performance for them, the pairs elements are impressive but the jumps are an issue. The Americans did well, she landed her axel and they performed it well. I liked the Ukrainians last year but I think her injury has held them back a bit but they are still in touch. It's all to play for in the Free, about 3 marks covers 2nt to 5th.

On a final note, well done to the Spanish pair. Not the most difficult of programmes but they did well and I liked it. They were happy with their marks.