2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Mens SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Tallinn Cup Mens SP

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, I did mention the +/- 10 seconds bit. That's why I said he was more than the allotted 10 seconds over. It was hard to spot initially because the range used to be 2:40-3:00 rather than 2:30-2:50

The old rule for SPs was: "Duration: 2 min., 50 sec. maximum, but may be less "

Still my fault that I did not read your post more carefully, but I think that's partly why my eyes/brain did not catch that you were implying that +/- 10 seconds applied to the 2:40.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Vincent on his first place in the SP. I hope he can hang on to the lead and clinch his place in the final. I'm really seeing an improvement and maturity in his skating this year. Perhaps it's the coaching change to Tammy Gambill or just growing up

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congrats to Vincent on his first place in the SP. I hope he can hang on to the lead and clinch his place in the final. I'm really seeing an improvement and maturity in his skating this year. Perhaps it's the coaching change to Tammy Gambill or just growing up

Perhaps both. I am really liking his skating this year. Gambill hasn't really coached major champions/world medalists before(correct me if i'm wrong), but her pupils are generally well packaged and watchable, and I don't really like Tom Z's vision of music choices and what not.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Perhaps both. I am really liking his skating this year. Gambill hasn't really coached major champions/world medalists before(correct me if i'm wrong), but her pupils are generally well packaged and watchable, and I don't really like Tom Z's vision of music choices and what not.

You are most definitely wrong as Tammy is the Coach of Richard Dornbush. The Junior GPF winner and US Silver Medalist during the 2010/2011 season. Here's his winning free program from the JGPF in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIKIMHJf37I

mrrice

Record Breaker

Has video of Vincent's SP appeared yet? I'd love to see it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Has video of Vincent's SP appeared yet? I'd love to see it.

The official JGP channel https://www.youtube.com/isujuniorgrandprix is generally very quick to post archived video of all the individual programs from its live streaming.

(BTW, Ted Barton himself cuts all individual videos at the same time that he is doing live commentary for the streaming.)

When I typed "Vincent Zhou" in the YouTube search box, the first search result was his SP today from JGP Tallinn.

[If you have any trouble finding it, post again in this thread or send me a PM. But I believe that you like to find stuff for yourself whenever possible :agree:.]

s_parks

Record Breaker
You are most definitely wrong as Tammy is the Coach of Richard Dornbush. The Junior GPF winner and US Silver Medalist during the 2010/2011 season. Here's his winning free program from the JGPF in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIKIMHJf37I

I meant on the senior stage. I'm aware of her success on the junior level. But vincent is a special talent, quite intelligent and consistent. Gambill has a future star on her hands.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I meant on the senior stage. I'm aware of her success on the junior level. But vincent is a special talent, quite intelligent and consistent. Gambill has a future star on her hands.

Well, I would consider Ricky a successful senior and he was definitely one of the stars at Nationals in 2011. Trust me I was there. Ryan Bradley may have been the most popular but, IMO, of course. Ricky and Ross both had better skating skills. Ryan as handsome as he is, was noticeably slower than both Ricky and Ross. BTW, Ross is FAST. He's not Max fast but, he was easily faster than Ryan.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Not everyone will consider Dornbush's wins or medals as major being junior.

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Winning a silver medal at Nationals when you're still a Junior IS a big deal, at least to me. Remember that as a Junior, Ricky had to add 30 seconds to his LP to make it eligible for Senior Nationals. Jeremy was the defending champion and recent member of the 2010 Olympic Team and Richard beat him. Ricky was a "Junior." The fact that he didn't crack under the pressure was, IMO, a very big deal.