dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
29 Sep - 1 Oct 2016
Bratislava Slovak Republic

Thursday, September 29, 2016. 20:00 UTC +2

Time in Other Time Zones
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

Starting Order​

StN.NameClubNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIERUSA
2Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIMKOR
3Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEVLTU
Warm-Up Group 2
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERTRUS
5Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOVRUS
6Zoe WILKINSON / Christopher BOYADJIGBR
7Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOVRUS

Entries​

No.NameNation
WDAliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP That Man by Caro Emerald; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
LP Lighthouse by Patrick Watson; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
GER
2Zoe WILKINSON / Christopher BOYADJI
SP Malagueña by Ernesto Lecuona; choreo by Mark Naylor
LP Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Mark Naylor
GBR
3Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV
SP Scorpions: Maybe I Maybe You; choreo by M. Drobiazko, P. Vanagas, T. Druchinina
LP Exogenesis Symphony Part III by Muse; choreo by M. Drobiazko, P. Vanagas, T. Druchinina
LTU
4Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM
SP La Strada by Nino Rota; choreo by Philipp Mills
LP Tree of Life (Expo Milan 2015); choreo by Philipp Mills
KOR
5Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
SP All Alone by Joe Satriani; choreo by Peter Chernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FP Clair de lune by Claude Debussy; choreo by Peter Chernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUS
6Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP GLAM (electro-swing remix) by Dimie Cat; choreo by Alla Kapranova, A. Gazsi (SP), P. Tchernyshev (SP)
LP "Music" by John Miles; choreo by Alla Kapranova
RUS
7Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP The Blizzard by Georgi Sviridov; choreo by Alla Kapranova
LP Cry Me a River by Michael Bublé; choreo by Alla Kapranova
RUS
8Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER
SP Selections from the musical Don Juan; choreo by Marina Zoueva
LP Somewhere in Time soundtrack; choreo by Marina Zoueva
USA

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
exciting event
Do hope K/S will do better than the test skates & Denney/Frazier do smoothly

S/M will win this like 100% so no intrigue here :yawn:

QuadThrow

Medalist
I'd give Tarasova/Morozv 5% for being spoilers ;) Anyway, excited for the twists from both pairs :luv17:

Definitly. S/M have to skate better than at Nebelhorn for a certain win. And there was almost no time to adjust or improve things.

But I am excited if both pairs raise their technical content. Maybe 4tw?

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Aliona had back issues so S/M no more in the list.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Aliona had back issues so S/M no more in the list.

I am sad about it. I also hope it is nothing serous. This challenger competition was the one I was looking forward the most for pairs, but now not anymore.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ugh great chance for T/M but I was excited about the difference betw component scores between them & SM

now its def boring T/M will certainly win if clean :biggrin:
btw I still dont know their SP music & its killing me!:bang:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
T/M is boring....yes. They don't show any "it" factor so far and I didn't find their programs not much different from their previous seasons.
Why their coaching staffs and federation don't seem to care about it. They are like Petrova/Tikhonov...way faster and cleaner than them, but still...similarly lack of presence.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
T/M is boring....yes. They don't show any "it" factor so far and I didn't find their programs not much different from their previous seasons.
Why their coaching staffs and federation don't seem to care about it. They are like Petrova/Tikhonov...way faster and cleaner than them, but still...similarly lack of presence.

Based on the test skates I think their new programs are certainly more exciting than Zabiako/Enbert's. At least people talk about T/M, while I don't see Z/E getting any acknowledgment whatsoever.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
People talked about T/M because they have an impressive career after they debut as senior, and have potential capable of becoming next World or even Olympic medalists after 2018 Olympics as their high TES indicates so along with their solid basics. I don't think V/T would compete in 2018. However the package for T/M is not helping them. E/Z are 5th at Nationals and their career is underwhelming, so that's why they didn't become a big subject of conversation.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
People talked about T/M because they have an impressive career after they debut as senior, and have potential capable of becoming next World or even Olympic medalists after 2018 Olympics as their high TES indicates so along with their solid basics. I don't think V/T would compete in 2018. However the package for T/M is not helping them. E/Z are 5th at Nationals and their career is underwhelming, so that's why they didn't become a big subject of conversation.

Z/E have only been together for a year and Natalia was injured for part of that...I wouldn't quite call that an "underwhelming career" considering how many strong pairs there are in Russia. But they seem to be the team stuck with the boring dreary programs now. T/M got a standing ovation at the test skates, so obviously many people like the direction they're moving in. Maybe people should see what they look like in competition before repeating this meme based on their previous seasons.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My favorite Russian pair team is currently A/R, so except the top contenders I don't really pay attention to all pair skaters in Russia even though the field is the deepest in the world. T/M's last season's SP concept was Irish dance, which arouse my curiosity about their artistic development, but they didn't deliver well. If T/M's new programs fulfilled the Russian audience's satisfaction at the venue, that is good for them as at least their program appealed to the locals. I may change my evaluation on them after their outing here.

newyn

On the Ice
It's a pity S/M won't be competing, their lp is lovely. But I'm really looking forward seeing T/M compete! I guess I'm in a minority but I don't find them boring at all or think that they lack personality. They have a good connection and they seem like nice, genuine people (and of course they have high-quality elements, good unison and skating skills). Maybe their choreography is not of the most innovative kind but I don't mind. Then again, I'm not at all into programs like A/R's long last season which a lot of people seemed to like, so I guess for each their own.

LRK

Record Breaker
I see Butkute/Ermolaev are here - I suppose Sasha can't do the Clark Kent/Superman thing, and be with them in the kiss & cry (preferably in all his Blue Glory), and then rush to a nearby phone booth (which would be there just to accomodate him), switch to his competition costume and then do the warm-up? No? Oh, well...

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven and Brandon :love: :love: :luv17: I'm so happy they'll skate first. Their program is lovely and interesting.... they made me love it even though I've never before been able to stand the music. These orchestrations are interesting. Marina Z. choreographed beautifully.

I'm feeling a little sorry for anyone who thinks a figure skating competition is boring because the outcome is somewhat predictable. There's so much here to enjoy! my opinion.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm also here!

I've been looking forward to Denny/Frazier's comeback. :hap10: