Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
i28 Sep - 1 Oct 2016

Montreal Canada
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2016, 18:45. UTC -4
SENIOR ICE DANCE SHORT DANCE

Time in other places
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

Start Order

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GACFRA
2Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP
3Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZESP
4Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIRCAN
Warm-Up Group 2
5Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKERCAN
6Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKOISR
7Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSENDEN
8Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUSCAN
9Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER
SD "Feeling Good," performed by Nina Simone
FD "Somebody to Love;"and "Love of My Life" by Queen
CAN
2Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS
SD "Minnie the Moocher;" "Soda Pop" by Robbie Williams; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD "Impossible Love" by Melody Gardot; "Desde de Alma" composed by Osvaldo Pugliese; "Taquito Militar"by Ensemble Romulo Larrea and Veronica Larc; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
CAN
3Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
SD Prince medley, including "5 Women," "Purple Rain" and "Kiss"
FD "Latch" by Sam Smith; choreo by David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
4Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
SD is "You are the Boss" performed by Miranda Kerr & Bobby Fox and "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley
FD Hymne a L'amour, performed by Patricia Kaas
DEN
5Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC
SD The way you make me feel performed by Judith Hill; The way you make me feel performed by Michael Jackson
FD Tonight by Elton John; Sorry it seems to be the hardest word by Elton John
FRA
6Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO
SD
FD The Nutcracker by Petr Tchaikovsky
ISR
8Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO
SD Theme from the Pink Panther soundtrack, Goldwing Ramble byTransatlantic Swing band
FD
ESP
9Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ
SD Proud Mary by Tina Turner.
FD Pieces of music named "Experience" by Ludovic Einaudi
ESP
10Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
SD Blues: Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé and Hip Hop: “How I Feel” by Flo Rida.
FD Liebesträume by Franz Liszt
USA

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm SUPER excited about the event because of Tessa and Scott. :hap85: :dance3: :yahoo:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm SUPER excited about the event because of Tessa and Scott. :hap85: :dance3: :yahoo:

I'm equally excited to see if Hawayek and Baker rebound from last years misfires and the Divooon Isabella who never ever fails to entertain.

On a lesser level of anticipation would be the Montreal Mush teams, though there is some passing interest on how Lariault and Le Gac will fare as seniors.

Which is not to take away from wanting to see Voir IMMEDIATELY. I'm praying hard that David Wilson brought some edge to the usual goo.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
shouldnt the results page be up by now? the Ice dancers are on today!

TGee

Record Breaker

Starts in about 10 hours as Montreal is in Eastern Daylight Time. But I'm with you, wishing it were happening already.:yay:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Word to the wise re streaming:

The tab for embedded live streaming now has been added to the event page on the Skate Canada site -- reachable via the link for "Official website" that is in Doris' always-helpful OP.

We know from past comps that sometimes embedded Dailymotion streaming works better than streaming on the Dailymotion site itself.

Good news:

The tab for Start Orders/Results now has been added to the event page on the Skate Canada site as well.

ETA:
**Please IGNORE the original start order below.** The same link now shows a different start order.​

The start order for the SD (ETA: as originally published, but now obsolete):

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP
2 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN
3 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR
4 Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
6 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN
7 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
8 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA
9 Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ ESP

https://skatecanada.ca/results/2016-ACI/SEG007.HTM

Go, Tessa and Scott :yay:.

ETA: The OP of this thread already has been updated with the revised start order. The revised order also is in my post on the next page of the thread.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Thanks. My experience is also that it's best to load the livestream from Skate Canada's event pages.

But I don't see that a Live Scoring tab there this time. It may yet appear there. If it does, my suggestion is to open two tabs in your internet browser, both starting with the Skate Canada event page. Then use one to go to the livestream and the other for the live scoring. Otherwise you will need to reload the livestream and work through the ads every time you toggle back and forth to see the scores.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... But I don't see that a Live Scoring tab there this time. It may yet appear there. ...

First of all, a big caveat: Do not expect "live" results.

The software for Autumn Classic looks the same as for the other Challengers, which did not provide "live" results.
It is unrealistic to expect what isuresults.com offers, meaning auto-updated results after every skater.
Ain't gonna happen, IMO.

The Start Orders/Results tab now is at the very left on the Skate Canada event page.

(When I posted earlier this morning, it was the fourth tab to the right, IIRC.)

TGee

Record Breaker
First of all, a big caveat: Do not expect "live" results.

The software for Autumn Classic looks the same as for the other Challengers, which did not provide "live" results.
It is unrealistic to expect what isuresults.com offers, meaning auto-updated results after every skater.
Ain't gonna happen, IMO.

The Start Orders/Results tab now is at the very left on the Skate Canada event page.

(When I posted earlier this morning, it was the fourth tab to the right, IIRC.)

Hi ice coverage. Live Scoring is somewhat the norm for Skate Canada's coverage with Daily Motion. Even for the pre-Nationals Skate Canada Challenge domestic qualifier in December it's usually available from the official site. Will be interested to see it they offer it for this one.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks. My experience is also that it's best to load the livestream from Skate Canada's event pages.

But I don't see that a Live Scoring tab there this time. It may yet appear there. If it does, my suggestion is to open two tabs in your internet browser, both starting with the Skate Canada event page. Then use one to go to the livestream and the other for the live scoring. Otherwise you will need to reload the livestream and work through the ads every time you toggle back and forth to see the scores.

ditto

i sometimes open a window from each browser i use... minimize the score one and bring it up just when needed... Not sure if that makes sense but it works best for me when things start lagging ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hi ice coverage. Live Scoring is somewhat the norm for Skate Canada's coverage with Daily Motion. Even for the pre-Nationals Skate Canada Challenge domestic qualifier in December it's usually available from the official site. Will be interested to see it they offer it for this one.

So if that is the case, when does the Live Scoring tab usually appear?
Would you expect to already see it ready to go at this point -- under four hours before the start of competition?
Or does it generally not appear until the last minute?

And another question for you:
I was confused by your comments about reloading the embedded Dailymotion streaming.
Are you saying that toggling to another tab within the Autumn Classic page and then back to the embedded streaming tab will make the streaming automatically reload every time???
I understand your solution of opening two browser tabs. Just surprised that the solution is necessary.

TGee

Record Breaker
So if that is the case, when does the Live Scoring tab usually appear?
Would you expect to already see it ready to go at this point -- under four hours before the start of competition?
Or does it generally not appear until the last minute?

And another question for you:
I was confused by your comments about reloading the embedded Dailymotion streaming.
Are you saying that toggling to another tab within the Autumn Classic page and then back to the embedded streaming tab will make the streaming automatically reload every time???
I understand your solution of opening two browser tabs. Just surprised that the solution is necessary.

It usually appears if at all as a separate tab from the streaming one on the Skate Canada event page. In my experience, if you don't have two browser pages open, you have to back out to the event page and go back down into the Livestream via its own tab. And everytime you do that you will reload the livestream.

As for the timing, well, I've been surprised to see the tab added relatively late in the past. Or maybe they're trying something different. There have been a number of major changes to the site and how it's organized in the past year.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It usually appears if at all as a separate tab from the streaming one on the Skate Canada event page. In my experience, if you don't have two browser pages open, you have to back out to the event page and go back down into the Livestream via its own tab. And everytime you do that you will reload the livestream.

As for the timing, well, I've been surprised to see the tab added relatively late in the past. Or maybe they're trying something different. There have been a number of major changes to the site and how it's organized in the past year.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the addition of the Live Scoring tab.
Would love to be able to go back to my earlier pessimistic post and add a sheepish :hopelessness: but very welcome :yes: update/correction.

Thx for all the information :cool:.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Good news:

The tab for Start Orders/Results now has been added to the event page on the Skate Canada site as well.

The start order for the SD:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP
2 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN
3 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR
4 Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
6 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN
7 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
8 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA
9 Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ ESP

https://skatecanada.ca/results/2016-ACI/SEG007.HTM

Go, Tessa and Scott :yay:.

HELP .... what the heck is going on???

The start order for the SD apparently has CHANGED since my post this morning.

The new order -- posted at the same Skate Canada link as before -- now is:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA
2 Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO ESP
3 Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ ESP
4 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
5 Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER CAN
6 Isabella TOBIAS / Ilia TKACHENKO ISR
7 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN
8 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN
9 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA​

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Now the Livestream channel is offline.

Not an auspicious start.

ETA: Wait, the Zamboni Man is now being featured. Well perhaps not as auspicious as one would hope, but better than offline eh?

ETA2: Nope, false alarm. It's Junior Men's SP. Well I think that means nap time. Quel disappointment!

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Junior men are still up on the livestream. The last skater is just coming on the ice.

I'm not seeing a "rink 1, 2, 3" designation posted so this looks the only feed at present.

But I had to go to Dailymotion, I got a sorry message from the Skate Canada event page.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
First group of junior women just starting now. Looks like they're on track for senior ID SD 75 minutes from now.

But ice coverage, it looks like your pessimism about live scoring was warranted.:sad21:

And regrets that you got that "did that really go up on the Skate Canada site at the last minute" experience with the flight list. . .