2016 Autumn Classic Short Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Short Dance

Layback11

Record Breaker
Explain, plz :popcorn:

At last year's Junior Worlds, our own Cheerknithanson pointed out a rather suspicious line in Marie-Jade and Romain's ISU bio that said they were married. Since they were quite young (19 and 20), the majority of posters doubted it was true, and we had a lot of fun speculating in the JW threads. At the very end of the competition, one GSer dug up an interview that confirmed it. We had a good laugh over that one. It even spawned a fan fiction. That's what I think of whenever I see them compete, and it's probably starting to annoy people that I bring it up so much. :laugh:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO

Pink Panther. She makes a saucy kitty. Twizzles got a little out of sync at the end, but I liked how they adjusted the rotation speed to the music. Cool hands free lift. The trim on his lapel make is look like he's wearing pink suspenders over his suit jacket.

That was cute. She's cute

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ

A+ song choice (Rolling on the River). That fringe skirt fruffles so prettily. Better choreo than the first two teams. They also seem faster. Rough twizzles- unsynced and she almost wiped out. Lol, he never stopped sliding in his ending pose. Is that a deduction?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Only a five minute warm up? I thought it was six...

Five-minute warm-up is correct for the SD and FD.

The duration and maximum size of each warm-up (see Table II of the Technical Rules) are:
a) Single Skating – Short Program, Free Skating – six (6) minutes duration – maximum six (6) Competitors;
b) Pair Skating – Short Program, Free Skating – six (6) minutes duration – maximum four (4) Pairs;
c) Ice Dance – Pattern Dance(s) – four (4) minutes duration: one (1) minute without music followed by three (3) minutes of the 6th (last) tune of the ISU Ice Dance music – maximum five (5) Couples;
d) Ice Dance – Short Dance, Free Dance – five (5) minutes duration – maximum five (5) Couples;​

http://static.isu.org/media/1003/20...ce-and-technical-rules-sandp-and-id_final.pdf (see page 84)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Five-minute warm-up is correct for the SD and FD.

The duration and maximum size of each warm-up (see Table II of the Technical Rules) are:
a) Single Skating – Short Program, Free Skating – six (6) minutes duration – maximum six (6) Competitors;
b) Pair Skating – Short Program, Free Skating – six (6) minutes duration – maximum four (4) Pairs;
c) Ice Dance – Pattern Dance(s) – four (4) minutes duration: one (1) minute without music followed by three (3) minutes of the 6th (last) tune of the ISU Ice Dance music – maximum five (5) Couples;
d) Ice Dance – Short Dance, Free Dance – five (5) minutes duration – maximum five (5) Couples;​

http://static.isu.org/media/1003/20...ce-and-technical-rules-sandp-and-id_final.pdf (see page 84)

Ah, thanks--never realized dance was a minute shorter. How interesting!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ 56.10
Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC 55.46
Celia ROBLEDO / Luis FENERO 47.30

I'm not going to risk commenting on V/M since apparently I already sowed an apple of discord in the Men's SP thread :slink:

(Smart drinks from the bottle just like my 2 y/o godson and I love her for it)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was expecting Tessa and Scott to be in good form, but that was INCREDIBLE. (NON-AWKWARD HIP HOP! :eek:)

First section is wonderful, second has not much blues feeling, last is not so great. Hope they tweak some little things after this competition. And work on the twizzles, they were quite slow. Surprising because up until Vancouver they were the best in the business on this element.

tzazu

Medalist

I'm not going to risk commenting on V/M since apparently I already sowed an apple of discord in the Men's SP thread :slink:

(Smart drinks from the bottle just like my 2 y/o godson and I love her for it)

Yes, the pink bottle was really funny!:laugh:

LisaS

On the Ice
They were flying across the ice so noticeable compared to the other skaters

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR 77.72

I like Scott's new hair. Oh and I guess the dance was ok, too ;)