2016 Autumn Classic Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Pairs Short Program

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just for your information, the Australians are not pioneers for the country if you know Peter Cain, Stephen Carr and their partners.

Of course. But in recent years, they have been the only ones.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Are Julianne and Charlie the only couple to ever do the 3 lo in pairs competition? It looked great by the way.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Maybe I'm alone in this but I really liked the pair from the US. I have never heard of Castelli and Tran before this event and though they don't have the most difficult elements. I thought they had some really interesting and original choreography. Shame about the opening triple twist. It really puts you behind the 8ball when you miss your opening element. I hope they have a great free program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
castelli is a us Pair Champion if i recall... mervin tran is in fact canadian... but first represented japan with Narumi takahashi with whom he won a WC bronze medal... after they realized Tran would never get japanese citizenship, they split.... he skated with a canadian girl (sorry i forget who it was) for one year before selling his canadian pair soul again, this time for the USA... they have been slowly upping their levels and honestly, they have shown great potential since the beginning of their association but it's getting late to move up... perhaps the fact that Alexa is out for the GP season may help them gain a bit more exposure in the USA... but they need land their stuff... which is not happening regularly.

finally... MERVIN IS A HOTTIE :)
Maybe I'm alone in this but I really liked the pair from the US. I have never heard of Castelli and Tran before this event and though they don't have the most difficult elements. I thought they had some really interesting and original choreography. Shame about the opening triple twist. It really puts you behind the 8ball when you miss your opening element. I hope they have a great free program.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

C/T are the reigning US bronze medalists. Castelli is a 2014 Olympean with a different partner and Tran was a World bronze medalist partnered with Narumi Dakahashi representing Japan but couldn't go to Sochi because of the problem with his citizenship acquirement. He is actually Canadian, but opts to represent USA this time.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
castelli is a us Pair Champion if i recall... mervin tran is in fact canadian... but first represented japan with Narumi takahashi with whom he won a WC bronze medal... after they realized Tran would never get japanese citizenship, they split.... he skated with a canadian girl (sorry i forget who it was) for one year before selling his canadian pair soul again, this time for the USA... they have been slowly upping their levels and honestly, they have shown great potential since the beginning of their association but it's getting late to move up... perhaps the fact that Alexa is out for the GP season may help them gain a bit more exposure in the USA... but they need land their stuff... which is not happening regularly.

You beat me to it. Yep, Mervin is very hot as I said previously on the board. :)

mrrice

Record Breaker

4everchan...............You always come through for me and I think it's the coolest thing in the world. Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you.:thank:

olayolay

On the Ice
Seguin/Bilodeau were kinda lowballed on PCS. I would've had them a lot higher than James/Cipres.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Good for Castelli/Tran, but I don't like that program much... But I absolutely love the program of Seguin/Bilodeau! :luv17: I predict this season they will once again qualify for GPF! James/Cipres program have potential, they did like I expected them to do, cleanish. I'm waiting for FS to see if they try quad throw :)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Great to see Seguin and Bilodeau back! Just love their chemistry and spark, they always make me smile. Also happy for Castelli and Tran, I think that was the best I've seen them skate.