2016 Autumn Classic Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Pairs Short Program

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was nice too- big and powerful elements and a super cool position on the lift!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice "danciness" from James and Ciphres! I don't know that I've noticed that quality in them before. That's good music for them!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That was nice too- big and powerful elements and a super cool position on the lift!

That lift is just Wowowowowow. But they're so frustrating these two. For every moment like that lift, there are so many Oh no! moments too. I wish they could get it together, because they always are interesting to watch.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The program is sensual. I really would like to see them nail SBS jumps consistently though.

olayolay

On the Ice
S/B are great, but why did Charlie change his costume from Quebec championships? All black for such a fun program is kind of a downer.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I like Ruest/Wolfe but I've seen this program so many times already for it being just the beginning of the season. lol.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
There is a very laid back quiet, yet powerful, feeling to their skating. I was not expecting to be as impressed as I was.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Wow, who are they? They are like the old day's pair skaters. They have great presence on the ice and their movements look very assured and confident. Although they don't have great TECH elements yet, everything they presented were so beautiful; the lines and unison as well as their chemistry. Canada can produce good pair skaters on and on.

EDIT: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00101514.htm

Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE (CAN)

The ISU bio page has not much information about them at the moment. They might've formed their partnership not long ago.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There is a very laid back quiet, yet powerful, feeling to their skating. I was not expecting to be as impressed as I was.

They really look like a good fit--I'm always thankful when a male pairs skater doesn't lumber around and he has a nice grace to his basic skating. But that has to be a completely "why bother" cover of a Beatles' song. And the lift in the middle of the step sequence just made me feel like he was tossing a big bag of stuff around for no reason.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More Beatles Music :points: Nice skate, Camille / Andrew!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
On to the Men's. This is shaping up to be a great event. The enthusiasm of the crowd must be infectious for the skaters as well.

4everchan, sure knows how to pick 'em. Can't wait for his commentary :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is the brother of Andrew and Jordan, right?

The oldest brother, yes.

Random, but is the Australian pair who just won JGP Estonia eligible for senior competitions?

Yes, they will be at Finlandia next week.

To be honest I'm pretty sure I wrote a scathing post about them once last year after watching them in 3 B's in a row, and them being increasingly awful each time and actively fearing for her life the last time but I've tried to clear my mind and get over it... they're unfortunately doing the best they can and if their fed is willing to send them it's not so hard to partially avert my eyes once in a while.

(Perhaps I'm not really all that nice after all...)

Like them or not, they have carried the Australian pairs program almost single-handedly. Without the Dodds brothers - three of whom have double-dipped as pairs/singles at various stages - there would have been almost no pairs for a long time. Only once in the last three years can I remember a Senior pair who did not have a Dodds brother in it - a South Australian pair who I saw at Nationals once and then never again. Without Paris and Matthew, no Senior pairs would have been held at Australian Nationals at all for the last two years. They have worked very hard and they have improved.

I will not have them disparaged so readily. They are pioneers, fighters, workers. Remember that at last year's Australian Nationals there were just five Senior men. We have a massive shortage of suitable skaters, and Pairs and Matthew pushed the sport forward here.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Just for your information, the Australians are not pioneers for the country if you know Peter Cain, Stephen Carr and their partners.