Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
28 Sep - 1 Oct 2016

Montreal Canada
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016 19:40 UTC -4
SENIOR MEN FREE SKATING PROGRAM

Time in other places
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

StN.NameNationCurrent RankPoints
Warm-Up Group 1
1Mark WEBSTER
AUS1444.60
2Harry MATTICK
GBR1156.37
3Diego SALDANA
MEX1539.53
4Leslie Man Cheuk IP
HKG1346.56
5Jordan DODDS
AUS1253.21
Warm-Up Group 2
6Jamie WRIGHT
GBR1057.45
7Javier RAYA
ESP957.72
8Daniel SAMOHIN
ISR760.81
9Nicholas VRDOLJAK
CRO661.71
10Andrew DODDS
AUS858.28
Warm-Up Group 3
11Bennet TOMAN
CAN470.78
12Max AARON
USA570.74
13Misha GE
UZB279.52
14Yuzuru HANYU
JPN188.30
15Keegan MESSING
CAN375.41

Entries​

No.NameNation
1Andrew DODDS
SP "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables," by Josh Groban
LP Warsaw Concerto performed by Mantovani
AUS
2Jordan DODDS
SP "The Feeling Begins" by Peter Gabriel
LP
AUS
3Mark WEBSTER
SP The Nokia Theme
LP Macklemore's Thrift Shop (Instrumental)
AUS
4Keegan MESSING
SP Singing in the Rain
LP Pink Panther
CAN
5Bennet TOMANCAN
6Nicholas VRDOLJAKCRO
7Harry MATTICKGBR
8Jamie WRIGHTGBR
9Leslie Man Cheuk IP
SP "Dream On" by Aerosmith
LP
HKG
10Daniel SAMOHINISR
11Yuzuru HANYU
SP "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
LP "View of Silence" and "Asian Dream Song," (program is titled "Hope and Legacy"), by Joe Hisaishi; choreo by Shae Lynn Bourne
JPN
12Diego SALDANAMEX
13Javier RAYA
SP "Pure Imagination" by Jamie Cullum
LP Swing by Robbie Williams
ESP
14Max AARON
SP Nessun Dorma
LP The Lion King soundtrack
USA
15Misha GEUZB

Last edited by a moderator:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The Nokia Theme

:rofl:

I thought that was a joke, and you meant Gran Vals. But you were right! Goodness gracious man. People are going to be checking their phones once that music starts.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Also forgot to mention Javier Raya's SP is to "Pure Imagination" by Jamie Cullum and FS is to a swing by Robbie Williams, as announced by the Spanish Skating Federation.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Nokia Theme

:rofl:

I thought that was a joke, and you meant Gran Vals. But you were right! Goodness gracious man. People are going to be checking their phones once that music starts.

Yes, and it's brilliant! I can't wait for you all to see it on a good stream. And the Thrift Shop LP as well!

A little bit :sad21: that we wuzrobbed of more charming Brendan, but :yay: that we get Andrew, and Jordan, and Mark!

And of course :cheer2: for my Lion King! Go protect your pride, Max!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Yes, and it's brilliant! I can't wait for you all to see it on a good stream. And the Thrift Shop LP as well!

A little bit :sad21: that we wuzrobbed of more charming Brendan, but :yay: that we get Andrew, and Jordan, and Mark!

And of course :cheer2: for my Lion King! Go protect your pride, Max!

I can't wait to see Mark performing to his original music choices :biggrin: And we'll have a chance to see Max FS properly! Freezing and weird angles at Lombardia Trophy weren't doing him justice for sure. I think the line up is interesting, Yuzuru, Misha, Daniel, what's more needed? :yay:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL

I am going there on Saturday... to make sure i can see some of the skating live without counting on the livestream which WILL crash... I bought my tickets early on because I heard that some fans sleep outside to get in the rink in the morning.... is that true?
I hope the Yuzu fans don't crash the stream because I need to see Mark's programs

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a fun lineup, Two Dodds, Misha Ge, Daniel Samohin, Max Aaron and some guy named Hanyu :p

mcq

Record Breaker
LOL

I am going there on Saturday... to make sure i can see some of the skating live without counting on the livestream which WILL crash... I bought my tickets early on because I heard that some fans sleep outside to get in the rink in the morning.... is that true?

I heard they camped very early last year because the seat is not numbered. But I don't think it will be like that this year.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Bennet Toman's music is
SP: "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Michael Grimm
FS: Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5 in E flat major Op. 73

4everchan we expect to hear some detailed reports!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I will but perhaps at the end of the event... my phone may crash if I try to comment on every single skater :)
Bennet Toman's music is
SP: "I'd Rather Go Blind" by Michael Grimm
FS: Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5 in E flat major Op. 73

4everchan we expect to hear some detailed reports!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh well... i am even planning to get there middle of the LP for ladies... since i have something in the morning... I have a ticket... I will make friends with some Japanes fans ;) offer them to watch their stack of pooh if I can sit with them ;)
I heard they camped very early last year because the seat is not numbered. But I don't think it will be like that this year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope the Yuzu fans don't crash the stream because I need to see Mark's programs

They probably will *gloomy face*

They crashed the Lombardia stream and that was for Shoma, so I can't imagine how this one will go. Plus, it's Dailymotion. Bleh.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

They crashed the Lombardia stream and that was for Shoma, so I can't imagine how this one will go. Plus, it's Dailymotion. Bleh.

well.. if it's dailymotion, you cannot blame anyone but dailymotion hahahaha

Lysambre

Final Flight

It's not an Icenotwork livestream, it's a Dailymotion livestream. Therefore the chances of the livestream crashing are way way way lower than if it was Icenotwork. Dailymotion has the server power for way more important events than a small ice skating challenger competition. Skate Canada did an admirable job for last year's stream, so hopefuly they do as well this year.

Last year, viewers showed up by tens of thousands, and the livestream held with absolutely no hitch, I don't see why it would be different this year.

And if the stream does crash, I think that DM, or Skate Canada would be to blame, not a random bunch of people who just want to watch some skating, Yuzuru fans or not (although, considering they're providing us for free, I think it would be very bad taste to blame them).

In any case, whether the stream holds or not, some good souls usually put the video up on Youtube mere minutes after each programs are done, so you might catch your skater's program this way too.

Lysambre

Final Flight

The Lombardia livestream was from Icenotwork. Icenotwork isn't available outside of the US for most viewers isn't it?

I don't think you will find many Japanese fans who pay for that livestreaming service when they have proper TV channels showing the programs with no interruption, with their own cameras and everything. So I highly doubt they were the ones crashing anything, especially since Lombardia was in the middle of the night/early morning for them.

If push came to shove, I'd say the US fans wanted to watch their top skaters and showed up. Who's to say how many they were?

Or maybe, rather than accusing fans for daring to show up at events they are interested in, we could once and for all admit that Icenotwork is absolute sh*t when it comes to livestreaming power, and leave it at that? :coffee:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Or maybe, rather than accusing fans for daring to show up at events they are interested in, we could once and for all admit that Icenotwork is absolute sh*t when it comes to livestreaming power, and leave it at that? :coffee:

Both your posts: :thumbsup:

Crashing streams are annoying, but it's everyone's right to want to watch these skaters, whichever one of them... there is no need to blame any of them. And with their next breath, people will decry that FS is not popular enough... :rolleye:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Lysambre, I'm not American. The comment was supposed to be a funny nod to the many, many, extremely...passionate fans Hanyu attracts.

Though please don't dismiss the upsets of those who have the stream crash on them even if it's free. You're not seriously telling me I should have just sucked up, smiled and said, "Hey, it's free, who cares?" when the Lombardia stream crashed during the debut of Max's free skate, are you?

And IceNotwork did the Salt Lake stream - the Salt Lake stream that also upset me because it gave out during my Australian skaters' skates. There were also jokes there too about how Jason's fans crashed the stream (though oddly and conversely the stream improved for the last group). And in fact I had my own assumption for what crashed the stream in Lombardia - Max's physique!

I confess I'm a bit confused as to why you brought IceNotwork into the discussion.