2016 Autumn Classic Ladies Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Autumn Classic Ladies Short Program

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm really impressed by Nagasu. I have no problem with her facial expression, it's a very introvert lyrical piece, excessive facial expression would ruin it for me. But she has to give more face in her FS.

I don't see the problem with Mirai's facial expression in the SP. It's a lovely lyrical piece although not my favorite version of Chopin's composition and I think she expressed it beautifully with her whole being. What kind of expression are people looking for exactly with this particular piece of music? Some kind of angst filled agonized look??

That being said - I am THRILLED to come back to the boards as the skating season gets into swing only to find that Mirai ROCKED her SP!! I'm quite overjoyed! :love: I'm only just now playing catch up with the threads so I can't wait to see how she did in the FS! In the meantime I am going to savor her success in the short!

She really got solid scores in her PCS including some 9s thrown in!! YAY!! Slow and steady wins the race Mirai. You'll get there. Just needs to work some more of course on expressing herself in the long program and from the scores her transitions need just a little bit more work too. I hope Jeffrey can work with her on getting them even stronger, harder and better!!

I'm loving this start to the autumn season!! :rock:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
I don't see the problem with Mirai's facial expression in the SP. It's a lovely lyrical piece although not my favorite version of Chopin's composition and I think she expressed it beautifully with her whole being. What kind of expression are people looking for exactly with this particular piece of music? Some kind of angst filled agonized look??

The poster you quoted said he has no problem with her facial expression in the SP. It's the LP, on the other hand, that she needs to work on in terms of expressing the music, which i agree.