Julia Lipnitskaya will win this competition | Golden Skate

Julia Lipnitskaya will win this competition

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yes, it would be a big surprise to me, if she is not the winner :biggrin:...

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Let's see the line up. http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2016_2017/20160929_mon/CAT002EN.HTM

Lipnitskaia, Leonova, Sotskova, Rajicova, Kuchvalska, Choi, and Bell.

I would say Julia, Leonova and Sotskova are favorites. If Julia can pull it off in her FS, she is likely to win as there is no doubt about her SP consistency. However, given the latest result at Russian Nationals and Sotskova's solid consistency, she could win over the seasoned skaters.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honestly I don't know who anyone would expect to beat her other than Sotskova. I'd be very surprised if she doesn't at least get silver, though Bell if clean could be a spoiler.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Let's see the line up. http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2016_2017/20160929_mon/CAT002EN.HTM

Lipnitskaia, Leonova, Sotskova, Rajicova, Kuchvalska, Choi, and Bell.

I would say Julia, Leonova and Sotskova are favorites. If Julia can pull it off in her FS, she is likely to win as there is no doubt about her SP consistency. However, given the latest result at Russian Nationals and Sotskova's solid consistency, she could win over the seasoned skaters.
Sotskova is clear favourite imo, especially after successful test skates. Then it gets even:
- Julia and Leonova have last year's Russian Cup Final stuff to straighten out,
- question is how much Mariah Bell improved under Rafa (will she finally jump a ratified 3-3 at 20yo? :rolleye:)
- how much fire have amazing Korean babies put under "older" girls?
- have no idea what shape Rajicova and Kuchvalska are,
- I guess Yushchenko being Russian is always potentially dangerous.

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
It's a bit hard to not see that the whole thread is with those ridiculous headings. It just turns people off being a fan. Julia is my favourite skater, but when reading thread title like this, a part of me wishes that she bombs just to go against this forecast, to annoy you. And trust me, it is not nice to wish a favourite skater to bomb.

MalAssada

Medalist
You better not have jinxed her, or else... :dev2:

I wish her a clean(ish) LP, and fun. Let her have some fun, skating gods!

composer

On the Ice
There will be a five way tie for first!!!

(And they all get gold chocolate medals because ... Who can say no to chocolate?)

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Just fun facts

1. Wakaba Higuchi won the CS Lombardia Trophy (senior debutante)
2. Satoko Miyahara won the CS US Classic (former World silver medalist)
3. Mai Mihara won the CS Nebelhorn Trophy (senior debutante)

Who will win the Nepela trophy? One of the former World silver medalists? or another senior debutante? :biggrin:

Last edited: